User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm not sure about it being my "primary vulnerability", but it sure is one of my greatest fears...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    I'm not sure about it being my "primary vulnerability", but it sure is one of my greatest fears...
    Doesn't that mean the same thing?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Doesn't that mean the same thing?
    Not in my mind. How I see it, being a primary vulnerability would mean it's something likely to happen. I'm excessively paranoid about it happening, so it's unlikely, but it dominates my thoughts anyways... That's just my interpretation... If it said "primary fear" I would agree, for myself, of course.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Not in my mind. How I see it, being a primary vulnerability would mean it's something likely to happen. I'm excessively paranoid about it happening, so it's unlikely, but it dominates my thoughts anyways... That's just my interpretation... If it said "primary fear" I would agree, for myself, of course.
    Ah, I see. Definitional problem.

I was thinking more along the lines of "X is my one vulnerability, because if X happens it will have a greater impact on me than if anything else happened." You were thinking something like, "if I do X, it will make me more vulnerable to Y." One refers to severity of impact while the other refers to probability of occurrence.

IMO, I don't think the quote in the OP meant that 6s make themselves more vulnerable to betrayal. More like, betrayal affects 6s more greatly than other types.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

IMO, I don't think the quote in the OP meant that 6s make themselves more vulnerable to betrayal. More like, betrayal affects 6s more greatly than other types.
    Ah, yes. I can see it that way as well, and under that interpretation I would agree.

WALMART

I feel I form very strong bonds with just about anybody I come across.

Yeah, it'd probably hurt pretty bad.

Although I must admit, I don't believe I've ever been betrayed.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    It is said that 6s primary area of vulnerability is, "being betrayed and caught offguard."(From "Nine Lenses of the World"). Fellow 6s, do you think this is true? Has it happened to you?
    Yes. And yes. I hate the idea of betrayal more than just about anything else. That's why I'm very cautious about trusting anything. Being caught off-guard is something that I don't like either, but I don't feel quite as strongly about it.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Ya, being betrayed is definately up there. Primary vulnerability? Close to it. I'd say that for me, and I don't really know if its e6 related or not, but being without a close support network is probably one of the scariest things I can imagine. Not like I can't be alone for extended periods of time.. I really enjoy my reading and cooking and music and hobbying.. but I have to have close people in my life to share things with. If I even go 1 day without being able to call up someone and blather on about random stuff I feel a bit disconnected. So i'd say it goes support group then betrayal then being caught off-guard. The last one depends on the situation, too. I like to have a general idea of how most things are going to go, and I really despise "pop-ins" from anyone thats not immediate circle.

I've been betrayed by both a friend (not such a good friend anymore) and a partner. Both times I was completely flabbergasted and extremely hurt. I typically deal with this by cutting my interaction off. I might fantasize about some things I could pull over them to seek vengeance, but I can never actually follow through with that kind of stuff. It honestly makes me feel sick, like spiritually sick, to consider moving the idea into action. This stems from a few things. First, I am already anxious and worrying about how someone else might retaliate (especially someone who knows me well as they might have some strong ammo) and 2nd, as a 6 I already have enough doubts in my charactor and past, I really don't like adding things to that list.

Anyhow, I think betrayal hurts the 6 so much because we already have a hard time trusting.. ourselves and others. When someone very close does this it is not only a let down, it causes us to question our own judgement in the future.. Atleast I tend to be this way.. too hard on myself for not catching that someone was capeable of doing X (even if no one else saw it coming either.)
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Anyhow, I think betrayal hurts the 6 so much because we already have a hard time trusting.. ourselves and others. When someone very close does this it is not only a let down, it causes us to question our own judgement in the future.. Atleast I tend to be this way.. too hard on myself for not catching that someone was capeable of doing X (even if no one else saw it coming either.)
    That is exactly it.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

This reminds me of Dante's placement of Brutus, Judas Iscariot, and Cassius in the 9th circle of hell.

For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.