• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Shit 5s say

Apostolos

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
During a heated debate about Catholicism:

Me (paraphrased slightly): If you're Catholic, you don't have to believe everything the Pope says. You don't have to believe that his word is the direct word of God. There's a lot of gray area -- and a lot of my Catholic friends fill that gray area.

INTP 5w6 dad (paraphrased slightly): That's irrational. Being Catholic requires that you believe that the Pope's word is the direct word of God. Therefore, if you're Catholic, then you believe that, and if you say you're Catholic and you don't believe that, then you aren't Catholic.

(I gave up right about then. :laugh: )

It's clear that he was right though. Can a Muslim participate in an "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
It's clear that he was right though. Can a Muslim participate in an "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"?

To all the Muslims out there: Please explain to me why your religion prevents showing a pictorial image of Muhammad? This is not meant to be an offensive post at all, it is simply for means of education.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My mom (INFJ 1w2/2w1) was reading an article out loud to me, that was all about universal brotherhood and how the only way towards happiness is to lovingly work towards "helping the human family" -- and my INTP 5w6 dad (mentioned earlier in the thread) walks into the room holding this plastic package and goes "Yeah, right!"

Then my mom looks at him and they both laugh and my mom says "Who asked you?? What are you doing in here anyway?!" And I tease him a bit, too, while asking him what the package he's holding is. And then he proceeds to say this, pretending to be indignant and offended:

"Look. I'm about to send my old phone and charger out to help domestic violence victims and survivors. I don't know them, and I don't love them, and I'm doing this anyway! Okay??"

The epitome of 5-ish charitable giving :laugh:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When someone I care about travels by plane, instead of phoning/texting to ask how was the trip, I usually just confirm the absence of news about plane crashes.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was watching TV and noticed that the image on my aunts stupidly big HD tv was fuzzy. Checked the corner logo and it was clear. Apparently whoever made the commercial did a bad job with the files. Anyways this whole process took about a second to recognize and I was so upset by it I blurted out a comment about it..... In the style of Yoda.

"Pixelated! That image is!"

Also, no one cared

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh a really good one! My friends, Gil and Kara, were eating lunch with me. Kara starts reading a list of most extravagant "make a wish foundation wishes".

Kara: "one boy, suffering from brain tumors, rather than a trip to disney world or a baseball feild in his back yard, requested a get well card from everyone on the planet"

Gil: "well that's just the tumors talking".

After further discussion

Gil:" I'd like to know what his feelings about the cards are. Perhaps he's making a grand statement about the emptiness of the gesture."

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Look. I'm about to send my old phone and charger out to help domestic violence victims and survivors. I don't know them, and I don't love them, and I'm doing this anyway! Okay??"

The epitome of 5-ish charitable giving :laugh:
Absolutely. I have said things like, "what does it matter if I feel bad for them as long as I help?"

nortia

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
"Why would I need, or even want, to leave my house if I have internet and food?"

G

Glycerine

When someone says, "I love you", my automatic response tends be, "cool, thanks...", mostly joking of course.

Me: I am going to listen.
INFP: Is it your emo music?
INFJ: I am surprised. You have emotions?
Me: uhh... yes?

EEW

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
*explains opinio/idea about a part of math*
Teacher: I dont get what you mean..
Me: oh leave it *whisper: notgoing to take the drive to explain every single thing to a TEACHER*
class: :huh:

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
*explains opinio/idea about a part of math*
Teacher: I dont get what you mean..
Me: oh leave it *whisper: notgoing to take the drive to explain every single thing to a TEACHER*
class:

This! :D

Class is like this:

:rolleyes: :bored: :rofl1:

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Had this conversation with my grandmother today about my cousin having twin daughters. She's most likely an ESFJ 2w3 so/sp.

Grannie: Have you seen the twins?
Me: No
Grannie: No??!! You didn't get invited? ??!!
Me: They're just children.
Grannie: But you don't want to see them???!!
Me: There's no hurry. They will still be there.

The fact that I don't care much does not compute.

Also on a side note, but this is a good example of what shit 2s say when they fail to filter their mouth:
Grandmother: You should get rid of your cats so you can see me more often. Thank you grandma for clearly not giving two shits about the two things I arguably care the most about in the world.

madhatter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] I have often said that I'm a realist, not a pessimist or an optimist. I wonder if a 5w6 is more likely to say that.

Another one (jokingly): I'm not a racist/sexist/whatever, I hate everyone equally.

Another one I stole from my 8 dad: Go tell your troubles to a twinkie. (this one to be usually used for excessive whining)

A conversation I had with my own grandmother recently (also ESFJ, Enneagram superego type of some kind):

Grandma: Your mom should have done [insert some irrelevant past tense financial advice]!
Me: Grandma, I'm not interested in the "shoulds". That's like crying over spilt milk. I'm only interested in the present.
Grandma (a little stunned): Yes, you're right.
(I'm actually surprised that she agreed with me.)

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=16013]madhatter[/MENTION] I always prefer realist over pessimist too. I said this a lot when I was younger.

madhatter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
madhatter I always prefer realist over pessimist too. I said this a lot when I was younger.

There goes that theory. That's good. I was once told by someone at PerC that I couldn't be a 5, because I was too practical. And I was thinking, 5s can't be practical?