• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Shit 5s say

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
"Well, that's fine, but ultimately irrelevant"

Are you me? That sounds like me! I'm pretty sure I've said those words verbatim before.

Of course I'm not always like that, but I'm certainly known to be at times.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you me? That sounds like me! I'm pretty sure I've said those words verbatim before.

Of course I'm not always like that, but I'm certainly known to be at times.
Same here, though my version is more like, "yes, but we don't care because . . . ".

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The knowledge of all things is possible.
Leonardo da Vinci

That is very 5ish because boy do they love their education. Yuck!

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
me and another 5 texting each other

her: "I hate people"

me: "I don't hate people... I think they're annoying as hell sometimes but I don't hate them :3"

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like something I would say.
Yes. When asked to choose between pessimism and optimism, I choose realism. Either of the others have too much potential for delusion.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
During a heated debate about Catholicism:

Me (paraphrased slightly): If you're Catholic, you don't have to believe everything the Pope says. You don't have to believe that his word is the direct word of God. There's a lot of gray area -- and a lot of my Catholic friends fill that gray area.

INTP 5w6 dad (paraphrased slightly): That's irrational. Being Catholic requires that you believe that the Pope's word is the direct word of God. Therefore, if you're Catholic, then you believe that, and if you say you're Catholic and you don't believe that, then you aren't Catholic.

(I gave up right about then. :laugh: )

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Me (paraphrased slightly): If you're Catholic, you don't have to believe everything the Pope says. You don't have to believe that his word is the direct word of God. There's a lot of gray area -- and a lot of my Catholic friends fill that gray area.

INTP 5w6 dad (paraphrased slightly): That's irrational. Being Catholic requires that you believe that the Pope's word is the direct word of God. Therefore, if you're Catholic, then you believe that, and if you say you're Catholic and you don't believe that, then you aren't Catholic.

I would say: I believe X, Y, and Z. It is up to the church to decide whether that is adequate to call myself Catholic. Meanwhile, I will keep attending Mass, etc. as long as I find it worthwhile. (Not a Catholic, BTW; just an example.)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would say: I believe X, Y, and Z. It is up to the church to decide whether that is adequate to call myself Catholic. Meanwhile, I will keep attending Mass, etc. as long as I find it worthwhile. (Not a Catholic, BTW; just an example.)
That sounds like a healthy answer. My dad's obviously pretty anti-Catholic -- he and my mom are of the opinion that they're essentially mindless sheep. I relate to your approach a lot more; it's how I approach my own religious faith.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That sounds like a healthy answer. My dad's obviously pretty anti-Catholic -- he and my mom are of the opinion that they're essentially mindless sheep. I relate to your approach a lot more; it's how I approach my own religious faith.
Catholicism doesn't have a monopoly on that. Many religious faithful are mindless sheep, but then many PEOPLE are mindless sheep. Very frustrating. I think the content of someone's beliefs are far less important than whether they have considered them critically, and actually understand and consciously accept what they claim to believe. I have no respect for blind belief, and adults who follow a faith just because they always have, or everyone else (in their family, or community) does.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5s say anything? Preposterous!

Nicodemus

That is quite similar to a conversation I and someone I forgot once had with [MENTION=7254]Wind-Up Rex[/MENTION].

A

Anew Leaf

"I'm not negative, I'm just a realist".

-My INTJ 5w6 little brother.

I have to laugh at this because I have a friend who is INTJ 5w6 and we get into these mock arguments when he thinks I am being too positive. His rebuttal to my accusation that he is a pessimist is 'No, I am a pragmatist, see the difference?'

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Sounds like something I would say.

I have to laugh at this because I have a friend who is INTJ 5w6 and we get into these mock arguments when he thinks I am being too positive. His rebuttal to my accusation that he is a pessimist is 'No, I am a pragmatist, see the difference?'

An ISTJ 5 on PerC implied that I'm not an ISTJ because I'm too much of an optimist. xD

It's nice to know that you all agree with my statement.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An ISTJ 5 on PerC implied that I'm not an ISTJ because I'm too much of an optimist. xD

Why would ISTJ be associated with pessimism and what type does he really think you are, INTJ?

T

The Iron Giant

Why would ISTJ be associated with pessimism and what type does he really think you are, INTJ?

I think it was a "golden we" moment. He assumed that since he's a pessimist (or realist) that every other ISTJ must be one too. I think at the time he suspected I was ISFJ, but some time later he seemed to have changed his mind.