First 34567 Last

Thread: Shit 5s say

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    During a heated debate about Catholicism:

Me (paraphrased slightly): If you're Catholic, you don't have to believe everything the Pope says. You don't have to believe that his word is the direct word of God. There's a lot of gray area -- and a lot of my Catholic friends fill that gray area.

INTP 5w6 dad (paraphrased slightly): That's irrational. Being Catholic requires that you believe that the Pope's word is the direct word of God. Therefore, if you're Catholic, then you believe that, and if you say you're Catholic and you don't believe that, then you aren't Catholic.

(I gave up right about then. )
    It's clear that he was right though. Can a Muslim participate in an "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"?
    | Not a native English speaker |
    Head: 5 Heart: 4 Gut: 9

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolos View Post
    It's clear that he was right though. Can a Muslim participate in an "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"?
    To all the Muslims out there: Please explain to me why your religion prevents showing a pictorial image of Muhammad? This is not meant to be an offensive post at all, it is simply for means of education.

@Saturned "see the difference?" - I often use this when talking to an ESFJ I know. VERY often.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

morals

thinking of you

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

My mom (INFJ 1w2/2w1) was reading an article out loud to me, that was all about universal brotherhood and how the only way towards happiness is to lovingly work towards "helping the human family" -- and my INTP 5w6 dad (mentioned earlier in the thread) walks into the room holding this plastic package and goes "Yeah, right!"

Then my mom looks at him and they both laugh and my mom says "Who asked you?? What are you doing in here anyway?!" And I tease him a bit, too, while asking him what the package he's holding is. And then he proceeds to say this, pretending to be indignant and offended:

"Look. I'm about to send my old phone and charger out to help domestic violence victims and survivors. I don't know them, and I don't love them, and I'm doing this anyway! Okay??"

The epitome of 5-ish charitable giving
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

"I'm surrounded by idiots"
    " Look all the fuc.ks that I give..."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

When someone I care about travels by plane, instead of phoning/texting to ask how was the trip, I usually just confirm the absence of news about plane crashes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

I was watching TV and noticed that the image on my aunts stupidly big HD tv was fuzzy. Checked the corner logo and it was clear. Apparently whoever made the commercial did a bad job with the files. Anyways this whole process took about a second to recognize and I was so upset by it I blurted out a comment about it..... In the style of Yoda.

"Pixelated! That image is!"

Also, no one cared

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Oh a really good one! My friends, Gil and Kara, were eating lunch with me. Kara starts reading a list of most extravagant "make a wish foundation wishes".

Kara: "one boy, suffering from brain tumors, rather than a trip to disney world or a baseball feild in his back yard, requested a get well card from everyone on the planet"

Gil: "well that's just the tumors talking".

After further discussion

Gil:" I'd like to know what his feelings about the cards are. Perhaps he's making a grand statement about the emptiness of the gesture."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    "Look. I'm about to send my old phone and charger out to help domestic violence victims and survivors. I don't know them, and I don't love them, and I'm doing this anyway! Okay??"

The epitome of 5-ish charitable giving
    Absolutely. I have said things like, "what does it matter if I feel bad for them as long as I help?"
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...