User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 67

Thread: Shit 5s say

  1. #31
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    During a heated debate about Catholicism:

    Me (paraphrased slightly): If you're Catholic, you don't have to believe everything the Pope says. You don't have to believe that his word is the direct word of God. There's a lot of gray area -- and a lot of my Catholic friends fill that gray area.

    INTP 5w6 dad (paraphrased slightly): That's irrational. Being Catholic requires that you believe that the Pope's word is the direct word of God. Therefore, if you're Catholic, then you believe that, and if you say you're Catholic and you don't believe that, then you aren't Catholic.

    (I gave up right about then. )
    I would say: I believe X, Y, and Z. It is up to the church to decide whether that is adequate to call myself Catholic. Meanwhile, I will keep attending Mass, etc. as long as I find it worthwhile. (Not a Catholic, BTW; just an example.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  2. #32
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I would say: I believe X, Y, and Z. It is up to the church to decide whether that is adequate to call myself Catholic. Meanwhile, I will keep attending Mass, etc. as long as I find it worthwhile. (Not a Catholic, BTW; just an example.)
    That sounds like a healthy answer. My dad's obviously pretty anti-Catholic -- he and my mom are of the opinion that they're essentially mindless sheep. I relate to your approach a lot more; it's how I approach my own religious faith.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  3. #33
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    That sounds like a healthy answer. My dad's obviously pretty anti-Catholic -- he and my mom are of the opinion that they're essentially mindless sheep. I relate to your approach a lot more; it's how I approach my own religious faith.
    Catholicism doesn't have a monopoly on that. Many religious faithful are mindless sheep, but then many PEOPLE are mindless sheep. Very frustrating. I think the content of someone's beliefs are far less important than whether they have considered them critically, and actually understand and consciously accept what they claim to believe. I have no respect for blind belief, and adults who follow a faith just because they always have, or everyone else (in their family, or community) does.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  4. #34
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    5s say anything? Preposterous!
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  5. #35
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    During a heated debate about Catholicism:

    Me (paraphrased slightly): If you're Catholic, you don't have to believe everything the Pope says. You don't have to believe that his word is the direct word of God. There's a lot of gray area -- and a lot of my Catholic friends fill that gray area.

    INTP 5w6 dad (paraphrased slightly): That's irrational. Being Catholic requires that you believe that the Pope's word is the direct word of God. Therefore, if you're Catholic, then you believe that, and if you say you're Catholic and you don't believe that, then you aren't Catholic.

    (I gave up right about then. )
    That is quite similar to a conversation I and someone I forgot once had with @Wind-Up Rex.

  6. #36
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    "I'm not negative, I'm just a realist".

    -My INTJ 5w6 little brother.
    I have to laugh at this because I have a friend who is INTJ 5w6 and we get into these mock arguments when he thinks I am being too positive. His rebuttal to my accusation that he is a pessimist is 'No, I am a pragmatist, see the difference?'

  7. #37
    The Iron Giant
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    "I'm not negative, I'm just a realist".

    -My INTJ 5w6 little brother.
    An ISTJ 5 on PerC implied that I'm not an ISTJ because I'm too much of an optimist. xD

  8. #38
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grublet View Post
    Sounds like something I would say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I have to laugh at this because I have a friend who is INTJ 5w6 and we get into these mock arguments when he thinks I am being too positive. His rebuttal to my accusation that he is a pessimist is 'No, I am a pragmatist, see the difference?'
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    An ISTJ 5 on PerC implied that I'm not an ISTJ because I'm too much of an optimist. xD
    It's nice to know that you all agree with my statement.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    An ISTJ 5 on PerC implied that I'm not an ISTJ because I'm too much of an optimist. xD
    Why would ISTJ be associated with pessimism and what type does he really think you are, INTJ?

  10. #40
    The Iron Giant
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Why would ISTJ be associated with pessimism and what type does he really think you are, INTJ?
    I think it was a "golden we" moment. He assumed that since he's a pessimist (or realist) that every other ISTJ must be one too. I think at the time he suspected I was ISFJ, but some time later he seemed to have changed his mind.

Similar Threads

  1. Shit Nietzsche says
    By Abendrot in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-08-2016, 08:25 AM
  2. Stupid Shit People Say Throughout the Day
    By Vizconde in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 08:01 AM
  3. Say hello to Geoff, your new overlord
    By Ivy in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 07:25 AM
  4. Shrimp Shit
    By proteanmix in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 11:23 AM
  5. Just thought I'd say hey
    By indigo2020 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 04:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO