• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] 7s and excess

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
What do you do to excess? Drink, smoke, eat, etc?

For me, it's not so much I am addicted to things chronically, I'm more opportunistic and lack self control or long range plans. Or that I don't limit myself when I do things. I am much more expansive and care free than restrictive or discerning.

So if I go out there's a chance I'll drink binge. When I start projects I over prepare and over commit. Often I'm driven by a desire that some might call greed. But it's a greediness for experiences. I also tend to over measure food and ingredients when cooking by at least 2x. My diet is overall better than average to healthy but I indulge cravings and eat what I want when I want (though the older I get the more self restraint Ive learned) and sometimes that means eating 3 smores for dinner. And when PMSing you'd think I was racing to gain 5 lbs in a week. :shrug:

My excess is sporadic rather than chronic. I'll get really into something and obsessed for short bursts. I love getting mini addictions then coming down and finding something else. I'm too lazy to become an addict - that requires a level of commitment and dedication that just cramps my style. :dry:

How about the rest of you 7s??

segovois

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have hard time to know my limits... in all domains : smoke, drink, work, . But I'm not a juncky !!!
I admire people who can say 'enough'.

It's the same with time and people
When I do something I enjoy, I continue until I found something even funnier : that's why I'm always in late.
When I meet people, I want know lot of thing about them (but I know how not be to oppressive, i hope ;) ) and I always find something interesting and new to chat with them... until i meet another exciting people.

And, I do the same as you when i'm cooking (humm ... ie 3 times a year)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Really??? :thelook:

No one???

Is everyone too busy guzzling beer, chain smoking, devouring dozens of donuts, and texting while talking on the phone and watching shows on Netflix?

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Yeah man, excess and I go together like 10 peanut butter and banana sandwiches go well with a malt chocolate milkshake.

I mean, I don't indulge too often but when I do, I do it up right.

But it's not just with things like food. I work out excessively, too. Mainly because I love being active. But there will be days where I'll have biked 20km, go to the gym for 3 hours, work my ass off, and then find it in my heart to run home.

I'll also have spurts of going out on the town every single night of the week. And during those weeks it's like every minute I spend staying at home is tortuous hell. Thankfully, this one doesn't happen too too often since it's usually a good indicator that I'm depressed. :laugh:

Working On It

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
My only excess is work. I love to create and build. It is amazing how quickly the hours fly by in the studio. I forget to eat. My legs and arms hurt so bad I can barely move when working on something of substance. But I can't seem to stop until my reality matches the vision in my mind.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have an incredibly addictive personality, i have learnt the hard way with drugs and alcohol.

Now i don't drink or drug at all but i have to watch my step with every new exciting thing or i overindulge and burn.

I'm not really a foodie but i can gorge at times.

It's rare but not unknown for me to eat a whole tray of tiramisu for breakfast or a whole cheesecake for dinner. But i'm a sporadic eater, plus i'm very high energy, so i tend not to put on a lot of weight.

Just a few examples of typical gluttonus behaviour.

I have other places i go in my mind where i am very comfy, which could (i suppose) also be dangerous/unhealthy and i have to remind myself to come back and deal with life.

Don't open the curtains...*eerie voice* "That's the real world"

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have always intuitively known that it was best i not touch addictive substances...

however...i used to smoke...and i still drink lots of coffee

but those only sort of count...i mean...it's not as tho they destroy your life, right?

but...i am the queen of distraction...i mean that i obsessively distract myself with lots and lots of things...planning things mostly

or organizing my thoughts and ideas...for whatever thing i am planning on doing

mostly work related

also...not so much at all now but when i was going out all the time i was the one who was never ready to go home.

i mean...7am...and then planning on meeting up later with everyone for a late brunch

i also pretty much eat whatever i want...and will decide to just eat cookies for dinner too

and if i'm in the being inspired zone online...i will totally just stay up and do with only a few hours of sleep....i can manage...coffee helps.

none of that seems out of the ordinary really...and maybe not super sevenish...idk

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My only excess is work. I love to create and build. It is amazing how quickly the hours fly by in the studio. I forget to eat. My legs and arms hurt so bad I can barely move when working on something of substance. But I can't seem to stop until my reality matches the vision in my mind.

3 :)

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

My excess is sporadic rather than chronic. I'll get really into something and obsessed for short bursts. I love getting mini addictions then coming down and finding something else. I'm too lazy to become an addict - that requires a level of commitment and dedication that just cramps my style. :dry:

How about the rest of you 7s??

YES.

Working On It

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2

When I read my triad I thought I sounded more like the 1 or 3 than the 7. 1 was the second, and 3 was the third. OK! Thanks! Taking my work enthusiasm and tip toeing backwards to a new thread.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I read my triad I thought I sounded more like the 1 or 3 than the 7. 1 was the second, and 3 was the third. OK! Thanks! Taking my work enthusiasm and tip toeing backwards to a new thread.

that makes you the same tritype as me :D
(I'm 7w6>1w9>3w4)

Working On It

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
that makes you the same tritype as me :D
(I'm 7w6>1w9>3w4)

Close, but not quite. 7w6, 1w2, 3w2. Another test I took had me at 1w2 sx first, 3w2 sx and 7w6 was about fifth down the list. I changed it to 1w2 on my profile. Thank you for your earlier response that encouraged me to retest. It helped me get a better understanding of the Enneagram.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Close, but not quite. 7w6, 1w2, 3w2. Another test I took had me at 1w2 sx first, 3w2 sx and 7w6 was about fifth down the list. I changed it to 1w2 on my profile. Thank you for your earlier response that encouraged me to retest. It helped me get a better understanding of the Enneagram.

I was just talking about your overall tritype (137) not the wings

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I relate to excess very well. I smoke, although I want to quit, but the withdrawl is very hard. I wish I never started, but I had this cockiness that I wouldn't become addicted. lol. I drink a few times a year but when I do.... I'm bad with money, as I tend to want to blow it on awesome stuff immediately. I used to be bad with binge eating but I completely conquered that.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I'm addicted to excess! :rock:

Excess is what made this country GREAT!!! :banana2:

I go through silly binges. Last week I ate Chinese food 4 days in a row. And each time I had to have pork fried rice, two egg rolls + something else. :popc1:

:solidarity:

-Alex