User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: 7s and excess

MBTI
    GONE

Default 7s and excess

What do you do to excess? Drink, smoke, eat, etc?

For me, it's not so much I am addicted to things chronically, I'm more opportunistic and lack self control or long range plans. Or that I don't limit myself when I do things. I am much more expansive and care free than restrictive or discerning.

So if I go out there's a chance I'll drink binge. When I start projects I over prepare and over commit. Often I'm driven by a desire that some might call greed. But it's a greediness for experiences. I also tend to over measure food and ingredients when cooking by at least 2x. My diet is overall better than average to healthy but I indulge cravings and eat what I want when I want (though the older I get the more self restraint Ive learned) and sometimes that means eating 3 smores for dinner. And when PMSing you'd think I was racing to gain 5 lbs in a week.

My excess is sporadic rather than chronic. I'll get really into something and obsessed for short bursts. I love getting mini addictions then coming down and finding something else. I'm too lazy to become an addict - that requires a level of commitment and dedication that just cramps my style.

How about the rest of you 7s??
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I have hard time to know my limits... in all domains : smoke, drink, work, . But I'm not a juncky !!!
    I admire people who can say 'enough'.

It's the same with time and people
    When I do something I enjoy, I continue until I found something even funnier : that's why I'm always in late.
    When I meet people, I want know lot of thing about them (but I know how not be to oppressive, i hope ) and I always find something interesting and new to chat with them... until i meet another exciting people.

And, I do the same as you when i'm cooking (humm ... ie 3 times a year)

MBTI
    GONE

Really???

No one???

Is everyone too busy guzzling beer, chain smoking, devouring dozens of donuts, and texting while talking on the phone and watching shows on Netflix?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    So if I go out there's a chance I'll drink binge.
    Not at all a 7, but I do this, too. Bahahaha.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Yeah man, excess and I go together like 10 peanut butter and banana sandwiches go well with a malt chocolate milkshake.

I mean, I don't indulge too often but when I do, I do it up right.

But it's not just with things like food. I work out excessively, too. Mainly because I love being active. But there will be days where I'll have biked 20km, go to the gym for 3 hours, work my ass off, and then find it in my heart to run home.

I'll also have spurts of going out on the town every single night of the week. And during those weeks it's like every minute I spend staying at home is tortuous hell. Thankfully, this one doesn't happen too too often since it's usually a good indicator that I'm depressed.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

My only excess is work. I love to create and build. It is amazing how quickly the hours fly by in the studio. I forget to eat. My legs and arms hurt so bad I can barely move when working on something of substance. But I can't seem to stop until my reality matches the vision in my mind.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I have an incredibly addictive personality, i have learnt the hard way with drugs and alcohol.

Now i don't drink or drug at all but i have to watch my step with every new exciting thing or i overindulge and burn.

I'm not really a foodie but i can gorge at times.

It's rare but not unknown for me to eat a whole tray of tiramisu for breakfast or a whole cheesecake for dinner. But i'm a sporadic eater, plus i'm very high energy, so i tend not to put on a lot of weight.

Just a few examples of typical gluttonus behaviour.

I have other places i go in my mind where i am very comfy, which could (i suppose) also be dangerous/unhealthy and i have to remind myself to come back and deal with life.

Don't open the curtains...*eerie voice* "That's the real world"
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i have always intuitively known that it was best i not touch addictive substances...

however...i used to smoke...and i still drink lots of coffee

but those only sort of count...i mean...it's not as tho they destroy your life, right?

but...i am the queen of distraction...i mean that i obsessively distract myself with lots and lots of things...planning things mostly

or organizing my thoughts and ideas...for whatever thing i am planning on doing

mostly work related

also...not so much at all now but when i was going out all the time i was the one who was never ready to go home.

i mean...7am...and then planning on meeting up later with everyone for a late brunch

i also pretty much eat whatever i want...and will decide to just eat cookies for dinner too

and if i'm in the being inspired zone online...i will totally just stay up and do with only a few hours of sleep....i can manage...coffee helps.

none of that seems out of the ordinary really...and maybe not super sevenish...idk
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Working On It View Post
    My only excess is work. I love to create and build. It is amazing how quickly the hours fly by in the studio. I forget to eat. My legs and arms hurt so bad I can barely move when working on something of substance. But I can't seem to stop until my reality matches the vision in my mind.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    What do you do to excess? Drink, smoke, eat, etc?

My excess is sporadic rather than chronic. I'll get really into something and obsessed for short bursts. I love getting mini addictions then coming down and finding something else. I'm too lazy to become an addict - that requires a level of commitment and dedication that just cramps my style.

How about the rest of you 7s??

YES.