User Tag List

123 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Default 6s: easy-going but wound up?

Well, this applies to me. Laid-back but also paranoid/worrying...etc. I've had good friends, who know me quite well, describe me as both.

I'm laid-back as in I don't sweat a lot - if not most - of the small stuff. Things which irritate a lot of other people, or which they're picky about, etc, just does not get to me at all. I just don't care. Or not enough to let it be a problem, or make it into one.

However, when I DO care, I care intensely and probably to a somewhat scary extent - and that includes the things that make me anxious, that I'm paranoid about and worry about. So it seems like any time on a given day, I'm usually coming across as more relaxed than average, or more wound up than average...

Do other 6s relate to this? It just seems like a bit of a paradox, is why I'm asking. Although - it does fit quite well with me being a 6 and an INFJ. I do think that one of the reasons why a lot of things don't bother me is because I know that when things DO bother me - they bother me so much that it can wreck my life. And I don't want something genuinely minor to become a big deal and have a bad effect on me...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Yeah, that's me in a nutshell. Actually, for me, I think a lot of times I come off laid back but have a ton of secret anxieties. Since a lot of them are kind of silly/ unfounded.. (or founded in something but my conclusion is really far fetched). So when I try to present my anxiety a lot of people don't realize I'm actually anxious... like REALLY anxious, half the time I'm not even really sure what I'm anxious about. So I just say things like. "I'm anxious." hahaha, it doesn't get too much sympathy, which is fine. (But secretly I can be horrified/paranoid/debilitated.) Most of the time my anxiety just causes me to withdraw into myself and just be really quiet which produces all these like- physical symptoms, (belly aches, extreme fatigue, appetite loss, rashes, gray hair, etc.) But when I carefully work through what's bothering me or resolve the problem that I care about (as you say) , (sometimes that takes hours or days or months) I become laid back again and dye my hair and drink some smoothies and stuff.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Yeah id say you just described me perfectly.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Yup, that's me.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yeah that's me. I've got this counterphobic thing going on with authority. If I expect problems, I wind up really tight.. and just chill, ready to unleash on them. If that doesn't get triggered, I ironically look polite and relaxed. If it does get triggered, it really throws people off guard.

I am in my element a lot of the time when the worst happens, I look capable and in charge.. because I've been planning for it. When things are going fine, my mind can start racing, and I get anxious looking for the next danger.

And yes, I get it.. I push problems that I have no control over away from my awareness, because I know ultimately I'll end up breaking down. So I can be in a tempest and look as if I'm ignorant of it.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Yeah. 6s are like Tweety Bird, easy-going but afraid and vigilants toward danger that can happen, like a puddy tat.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Thanks guys. I guess I am a fairly normal 6 then. It sort of works!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I am not laid back at all.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

WALMART

I used to manage a U-Haul, we used radios. One day a radio went missing (they're easily misplaced) and an employee brought it up to me. I didn't really say anything, and he asked me if I cared. I told him if course I care, but what do you want me to do, shit one out to replace it?

Needless to say, I'm not very good at management.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Yeah that's me. I've got this counterphobic thing going on with authority. If I expect problems, I wind up really tight.. and just chill, ready to unleash on them. If that doesn't get triggered, I ironically look polite and relaxed. If it does get triggered, it really throws people off guard.

I am in my element a lot of the time when the worst happens, I look capable and in charge.. because I've been planning for it. When things are going fine, my mind can start racing, and I get anxious looking for the next danger.

And yes, I get it.. I push problems that I have no control over away from my awareness, because I know ultimately I'll end up breaking down. So I can be in a tempest and look as if I'm ignorant of it.
    I relate to this.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness