User Tag List

First 123

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think that my own laid-backness might come partly from being a reasonably (I say reasonably...I'm still fairly neurotic) integrated/well-adjusted 6 - thus bearing some resemblance to a 9. I actually wondered for a long time if I was actually a 9.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I have the belief that truly "wound-up" people have a tendency to invite or create their worst fears, or at the very least not properly prepare themselves for what could truly go wrong.

For me, feeling like I'm aware of the possibilities is enough to allay fear. It's sometimes kind of like taking a twisted sort of pleasure in cynical or dark ideations rather than the more superstitious "worry-wart" behavior (like when, if you fear spiders, you seek them out or watch videos of them in a kind of dark fascination.) If you imagine the worst, there's no need to feel wound up.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Totally identify with the OP. I'm very laid back in most respects, but there are a few things that get me really anxious and totally inflexible.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    That's funny. No, I'm not laid back at all. Pretty type A. Maybe I put on a good act.
    I agree with Z -- you come across as very chill personally. Maybe it's just that you tend to handle disagreement calmly and with civility. I think many of us read that as laid back.

Enneagram

When I met one of my friend's parents, they expressed amusement over my lack of a filter, and loosey-goosey (her words) behaviour.

But they don't get I am saying and doing everything INCREDIBLY self-consciously, and am constantly evaluating and weighing what I can and can't say. I present this facade of guileless verbosity IRL, so people don't realize how much I am hiding/twisting/omitting. I also put myself down and act silly/submissive/friendly so people let down their guard, all the while I never actually let mine down. I am spying on them, more or less. And my more controversial/outrageous statements are usually used to indirectly provoke people into tipping me off as to where they stand on something.

Writing this all out makes me realize how crazy I am. Honestly, I don't think I could stop being so calculating and self-conscious even if I tried. It's great in psychological warfare, but I can't enjoy life. I'm extremely self-conscious about appearing nonchalant.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

Thats about right with me. I don't sweat the immediate stuff (money, people annoying me e.t.c). But I will worry intensely about deeper things, like mine and and others psychological well-being, on a daily basis.