Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I am not laid back at all.
    Are you being serious, or joking?

You come across as very, very laid back...

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I relate alot to the OP and I'm not even a 6 but I do have a 6 wing unless I'm mistyped.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I like to think I'm laid back and I am, about a lot of things that other people care about, but I'm also really non laid back about other stuff (that other people don't always care about). So yeah I guess I agree, more or less
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Are you being serious, or joking?

You come across as very, very laid back...
    That's funny. No, I'm not laid back at all. Pretty type A. Maybe I put on a good act.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

That's funny. No, I'm not laid back at all. Pretty type A. Maybe I put on a good act.
    haha, an INTJ saying that you're laid back is sorta like an ISTJ saying you're really disorganized.

(you don't seem particularly laid back to me, for what that's worth)
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Hmm. I can see where Zara is coming from. You have a kind of a warm, grounded quality thats very comforting. I imagine youre perfectly capable of being a real prick if you wanted to be, but if irl youre anything like you are on the forums you probably put people at ease quite readily. Type A or not, youll just have to accept the burden of a soothing presence, highlander.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Perhaps you mean that you are "not laid back" as in you're quite driven to accomplish stuff? That's a better kind of "not laid back" than just being picky and high maintenance, in my opinion
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Well, this applies to me. Laid-back but also paranoid/worrying...etc. I've had good friends, who know me quite well, describe me as both.

I'm laid-back as in I don't sweat a lot - if not most - of the small stuff. Things which irritate a lot of other people, or which they're picky about, etc, just does not get to me at all. I just don't care. Or not enough to let it be a problem, or make it into one.

However, when I DO care, I care intensely and probably to a somewhat scary extent - and that includes the things that make me anxious, that I'm paranoid about and worry about. So it seems like any time on a given day, I'm usually coming across as more relaxed than average, or more wound up than average...

Do other 6s relate to this? It just seems like a bit of a paradox, is why I'm asking. Although - it does fit quite well with me being a 6 and an INFJ. I do think that one of the reasons why a lot of things don't bother me is because I know that when things DO bother me - they bother me so much that it can wreck my life. And I don't want something genuinely minor to become a big deal and have a bad effect on me...
    Yes.

I've also struggled with.. if something should bother me. For instance, someone was trying to insult me by calling me an African (????), which I am kinda. I'm first-generation born American to one African parent, one American parent.

My family was very angry with the fact that the person was "insulting" me and I didn't stand up for myself. I was being too passive and laid-back for their taste. I even went as far as to get into an argument with them about how I felt about his calling me an African, and if it wasn't bothering me, what the hell was their problem?

But I'm like, I'm an African. And I'm not insulted. And that's that person's ignorant problem, not mine. There's better things to stand up for myself about, and being African is not one of them.To me, it doesn't make an ounce of sense.

Now if dude had slapped me for being an African or something, then there's a problem.

ReflecTcelfeR

I can agree to this all. I accept my 6w5 enneagram type.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Yup. "A contradictory picture is the fingerprint for type 6"... or something to that effect.

I'm trying to think of good examples for that reflect this laid-back/wound-up thang, ones that wouldn't be typical for other types. It's hard, but they are there.
    Alot of my quarkiness comes back to intuitive connections, Ne..is so blatant to me that this symbolizes that, which causes this and effects that, which connects to this and results in that, which will be responded to this way and received this way, and on. Trying to convey these abstract impressions in some reasonable, linear fashion is tiresome and maddening.. so I often drift in a state of lonely anxiousness..

To the untrained eye, I believe CP behaviors often reveal themselves in a manner that would appear laid-back, and only those very close to me know how vigilint and analytical my mind is really processing the tiniest of details. Infact, acting unfocused or unconcerned is one of the very best ways to find hickups as others let their guards down =P. How insanely paranoid that sounds! lol.

There are things I am genuinely laid back about.. but I often wonder if these things aren't simply the result of having a wider spectrum of safe-guarding parameters. I might decide to go out and get really trashed with a group of friends, allowing all kinds of unexpected and crazy events to occur and glee-fully embracing it.. but in some sense I've already made a run-through of all the possibilites and outcomes, and decided I'm okay with them.

Oh, skycake.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts