• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] NT 9w1s?

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
How do they differ from NTs with different Enneagrams?

I'm more interested in the nuances between the different INTPs, but if anyone has insight into the other sorts of NTs, then please share! :D

As for my observations, I'll say this - As much as I relate to the description given for INTPs, it's pretty amusing to see how across the board it can be. I know a lot of INTPs (especially the younger males) like to rock the boat, but it was never really something I was interested in, unless it had a direct purpose.

I think this could serve as prominent distinction between 9w1s and 5s, once elaborated upon. Then again, I'm speaking for myself, so correct me if I'm wrong. Do you guys have any other examples? :)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Compared to a 9w8 like me, although both being the peacekeepers that we are, I'd say the main difference is that the 9w1 would be a bit more reclusive socially, focusing more on their own integrity. Whereas a 9w8 focuses more on experiences, not all that concerned about that own integrity.

One example might be my self-deprecating humor. Something you probably won't find in 9w1's as abundantly.

Silveresque

I believe I'm an INTP 9w1. The enneagram description that sounds most like me by far is 5, but compared with actual fives, I'm not nearly as interested in acquiring knowledge. I'm probably also more soft and gentle compared with INTP 5's, as well as unobservant and unfocused, and I lack the intellectual arrogance that 5's sometimes have. I like people more than 5's seem to, though I avoid them just as much. I'm naturally inclined to take the path of least resistance, so I don't enjoy arguments like 5's often do. I go with the flow, which means that I usually don't form strong opinions on matters and can easily go either way.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
One example might be my self-deprecating humor. Something you probably won't find in 9w1's as abundantly.

Interesting! Now that you say that, I always did have a problem with it. I can depreciate myself without the company of others, just fine. They have enough collateral as it is. :alttongue:

I believe I'm an INTP 9w1. The enneagram description that sounds most like me by far is 5, but compared with actual fives, I'm not nearly as interested in acquiring knowledge. I'm probably also more soft and gentle compared with INTP 5's, as well as unobservant and unfocused, and I lack the intellectual arrogance that 5's sometimes have. I like people more than 5's seem to, though I avoid them just as much. I'm naturally inclined to take the path of least resistance, so I don't enjoy arguments like 5's often do. I go with the flow, which means that I usually don't form strong opinions on matters and can easily go either way.

The extent to which I can relate to so many people here always concerns me. This is just another example.

I wonder if, speaking in cognitive functions, it could be attributed to a a more pronounced Fe? Or maybe not, since it's not as if there's a more active desire to seek people out. Out of curiosity, how do you act when you communicate with people, face to face?

Silveresque

The extent to which I can relate to so many people here always concerns me. This is just another example.

I wonder if, speaking in cognitive functions, it could be attributed to a a more pronounced Fe? Or maybe not, since it's not as if there's a more active desire to seek people out. Out of curiosity, how do you act when you communicate with people, face to face?

Since I'm not very good at making conversation, nor is it something that particularly interests me, I find that for most part I just nod and smile and try to act interested. I rarely have much of anything to say, as my mind doesn't naturally go toward conversation topics. I usually keep disagreements to myself, since it's not worth getting into an argument over.

My Fe does work well for certain things, like going along with people and not offending anyone. The one thing that stands out to me most from a description of Fe however is this:

(Source: Cognitive Processes - Fe)
Often with this process, we feel pulled to be responsible and take care of others' feelings, sometimes to the point of not separating our feelings from theirs.

This part fits me so well that I've actually been told I'm TOO nice and that I need to be careful so that people don't take advantage of that.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
This part fits me so well that I've actually been told I'm TOO nice and that I need to be careful so that people don't take advantage of that.

Oh, interesting. I guess anything Fe related takes on a more passive role. Yeah, I figure us 9w1s have to learn how to reign that in. I guess that could make us more susceptible to manipulation, but it's generally a smart idea to avoid the kind of people that would try. =/

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always thought only ENTP 9s existed. I do wonder how there are INTJ 8s though, that doesn't seem to make much sense

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I always thought only ENTP 9s existed. I do wonder how there are INTJ 8s though, that doesn't seem to make much sense

Apparently, 9w1 is a fairly common enneagram for INTPs. 9w8 less so, but it's there. I'm just basing this on Blackcat's chart on the correlation between MBTI and Enneagram.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Although it's a bit of a paradox, I think 9 INTP's are more socially oriented than the common 5's. The paradox is that we tend to be more passive though. :tongue:

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Although it's a bit of a paradox, I think 9 INTP's are more socially oriented than the common 5's. The paradox is that we tend to be more passive though. :tongue:

It is pretty funny, but at least it kind of makes sense? I actively/subconsciously try to not step on anyone's toes, so it's really hard to get on anyone's bad side. :p

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I still wonder if I'm a 5 after all.