• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] The Type 5 SX Thread

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I never understood the instinctual variants too well. I couldn't even pin down what instinct I was for sure until a couple weeks ago. Now that I know, I want to delve a little deeper into it.

What does it mean to be a 5 SX? Pretty much all I carried away from the description I read was that we're more talkative than other type 5s. Was hoping to see some discussion that better defines us.

To kick it off, when I'm in a less formal situation, I tend to be kind of a smart-ass sometimes. Sarcasm is big with me, and I tend to make jokes where jokes shouldn't be made. If it's really bad though, I usually do manage to keep it to myself (example, when i'm at a funeral and i think 'how awesome would it be if someone ran up, jumped in the coffin, screamed ALL ABOARD, and then crazy train starts playing out of nowhere'). When I hold it in though, I do have an amazing urge to tell someone afterwards and try to laugh about it with them.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I never understood the instinctual variants too well. I couldn't even pin down what instinct I was for sure until a couple weeks ago. Now that I know, I want to delve a little deeper into it.

What does it mean to be a 5 SX? Pretty much all I carried away from the description I read was that we're more talkative than other type 5s. Was hoping to see some discussion that better defines us.

To kick it off, when I'm in a less formal situation, I tend to be kind of a smart-ass sometimes. Sarcasm is big with me, and I tend to make jokes where jokes shouldn't be made. If it's really bad though, I usually do manage to keep it to myself (example, when i'm at a funeral and i think 'how awesome would it be if someone ran up, jumped in the coffin, screamed ALL ABOARD, and then crazy train starts playing out of nowhere'). When I hold it in though, I do have an amazing urge to tell someone afterwards and try to laugh about it with them.

That sounds like Sx/So, although I had to research it just to make sure.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this sounds like 5w6. 5w4 subversiveness is different. sx/sp is challenging. you want to challenge others. sx in general likes to test strength and show that they can win games that they define.