User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

Default The Type 5 SX Thread

So I never understood the instinctual variants too well. I couldn't even pin down what instinct I was for sure until a couple weeks ago. Now that I know, I want to delve a little deeper into it.

What does it mean to be a 5 SX? Pretty much all I carried away from the description I read was that we're more talkative than other type 5s. Was hoping to see some discussion that better defines us.

To kick it off, when I'm in a less formal situation, I tend to be kind of a smart-ass sometimes. Sarcasm is big with me, and I tend to make jokes where jokes shouldn't be made. If it's really bad though, I usually do manage to keep it to myself (example, when i'm at a funeral and i think 'how awesome would it be if someone ran up, jumped in the coffin, screamed ALL ABOARD, and then crazy train starts playing out of nowhere'). When I hold it in though, I do have an amazing urge to tell someone afterwards and try to laugh about it with them.

Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by acronach View Post
    So I never understood the instinctual variants too well. I couldn't even pin down what instinct I was for sure until a couple weeks ago. Now that I know, I want to delve a little deeper into it.

What does it mean to be a 5 SX? Pretty much all I carried away from the description I read was that we're more talkative than other type 5s. Was hoping to see some discussion that better defines us.

To kick it off, when I'm in a less formal situation, I tend to be kind of a smart-ass sometimes. Sarcasm is big with me, and I tend to make jokes where jokes shouldn't be made. If it's really bad though, I usually do manage to keep it to myself (example, when i'm at a funeral and i think 'how awesome would it be if someone ran up, jumped in the coffin, screamed ALL ABOARD, and then crazy train starts playing out of nowhere'). When I hold it in though, I do have an amazing urge to tell someone afterwards and try to laugh about it with them.

That sounds like Sx/So, although I had to research it just to make sure.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

this sounds like 5w6. 5w4 subversiveness is different. sx/sp is challenging. you want to challenge others. sx in general likes to test strength and show that they can win games that they define.