MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I do the same thing and I'm not a 5.
    What's your mbti type?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I tend to retreat more into my head, and spend a lot of time alone, when I can, under a lot of stress. I attribute this to just introverson moreso than being 5[w6]. I just need to recharge and reflect. I can be slightly more emotionally reactive when I'm that drained, it's easy to lose perspective, but I don't really lash out at people. Because I am aware of this propensity, I try to maintain distance for this reason, as well.

Sometimes I do this 'hibernation' just when I'm drained and not stressed, it's just a matter of recharging overall, just part of my natural rhythm.

I've made it a habit of informing close friends that if I'm distant at certain times, I'm not mad at them, everything's fine, I'm just low-energy/need some time to myself. Most of the time, that clarification clears up any confusion/prevents a lot of uninvited prodding into my life.
    I wonder if it's an Ni thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    give him space. If you realllllllllly want to let him know you care about him being stressed out, you can say something like, ''I don't wanna pry a ton or anything but it seems like there's something bothering you- I'm around if you wanna talk at any point, but if not, that's cool, too.''

and leave it at that. I know ENTPs are always dying to collect more data, but sometimes people need space, and maybe afterwards, they'll talk to you. And maybe sometimes they won't. But it's what they need to deal with their problems, that counts, right?
    Yes, perhaps my Ne curiosity gets the best of me.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yes and I try my best to do that except with issues with time-constraints like pooling out money to pay bills. That's when problems arise.
    Ah, I see.

That is different issue, though.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Ah, I see.

That is different issue, though.
    So what would you recommend doing in that case?

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

So what would you recommend doing in that case?
    I'm not sure. I've never had a problem taking care of business so I can understand the frustration in dealing with someone who won't. I would sit down with that person, draw up a schedule/calendar of bills, due dates, and expected amounts. That way, it's no longer your responsibility--it's his. He can either do things in a timely manner (barring exceptional circumstances) or find another place to live. This may sound a little harsh but why should you have to stress yourself?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I'm not sure. I've never had a problem taking care of business so I can understand the frustration in dealing with someone who won't. I would sit down with that person, draw up a schedule/calendar of bills, due dates, and expected amounts. That way, it's no longer your responsibility--it's his. He can either do things in a timely manner (barring exceptional circumstances) or find another place to live. This may sound a little harsh but why should you have to stress yourself?
    The reason is that I can't survive without him and he can't survive without me right now. We are dependent upon each other's income. It really sucks.

What's your mbti type?
    INFP

Sometimes I like to be when I post.

Back on topic:
    I'm introverted and some sort of self preservation variant, so that's my excuse for that behavior. Although it was more prevalent when I was younger.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Pretty much, although I think it is perhaps more congruent with introverted thinking in general. 5 and sp as primary instinct can make us really withdrawn though, especially if 5w4.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I just don't know how to deal with him. He's the worst person with communication that I've ever met.
    You don't "deal" with them. You leave them alone.

I'm also an SP dom and this shutdown is VERY strong.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Can do. I can also go to the other extreme looking for distraction. I'm not sp primary though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

I would say: "a time of abstraction to develop a new universe". Depends with the level of stress, and the family core.