User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

Default Do any other 5s do this?

Whenever I try to lay down and go to bed, my mind just races because i'm just laying down in a dark room with my thoughts. I usually get up about 3 times before I fall asleep, write myself a note to remind myself to do something tomorrow, and then get back in bed. It takes me about 45 minutes before I finally fall asleep. I find the habit to be a mix of productive and annoying depending on how much sleep I need to catch up on.

Just wondering if anyone else does this and if anyone has any tips on how to fall asleep faster.
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

Quote Originally Posted by acronach View Post
    Whenever I try to lay down and go to bed, my mind just races because i'm just laying down in a dark room with my thoughts. I usually get up about 3 times before I fall asleep, write myself a note to remind myself to do something tomorrow, and then get back in bed. It takes me about 45 minutes before I finally fall asleep. I find the habit to be a mix of productive and annoying depending on how much sleep I need to catch up on.

Just wondering if anyone else does this and if anyone has any tips on how to fall asleep faster.
    I'm not a 5, but I often take a long time to fall asleep as well. How long it takes for me varies (right now it's 20-40 minutes usually), but at one point in my life it was taking me over an hour every night to fall asleep, and some nights it would take up to 3 hours. There are lots of tips online but I assume you've already read those. Anyways, an interesting one I discovered on my own was popcorn. One night I ate a bowl of popcorn and it made me really sleepy, so I was able to get to sleep faster. I looked it up online and other people have said the same thing. It's odd but it works.

Glycerine

Yes. I just go to bed when i am too tired to focus on anything.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I don't get much sleep period because of this.

Banned

Audiobooks, knocks me right out.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I take awhile to fall asleep.
    I usually fall asleep to mundane cartoons with the volume turned way down, & a sleep timer set to shut the tv off. Anything more interesting would keep me up.
    If i'm exhausted beyond belief, I'm likely stressed & prone to overthinking, so I'll attempt to stop myself, turn my mind off, like.. ''you're in no condition to be attempting to think right now, your fatigue is clouding your judgement..'' and I nod off.. chastising myself.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I have recordings of rain playing on loop. I had to experiment a little but this works well for me. I have used it long enough now that it's a conditioned signal for me to clear my mind and sleep. Having it play in the background just interrupts the thought process for me.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    Audiobooks, knocks me right out.
    The same here. I have found that rethinking everything until I am too tired to continue is a waste of time. Listening to books is a wonderful alternative: either you listen and learn or you fall asleep, both of which is good.

MBTI
    INTP

Normally I can fall asleep very quickly, but if my head is racing it always helps to write down what's on my mind. Once all the words are out, I'm asleep.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I vary between the extremes between falling asleep immediately after my head hits the bed and getting up tons of times and taking sometimes up to 2 hours to fall asleep.

To fall asleep faster I recommend staying away from caffeine and sugary sweets. Also avoid heavy exercise, overly intense books, movies, etc. Reading something more light can help.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne