User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm a 5 and I have zero trouble sleeping. If anything, I have trouble staying awake

Maybe you have too much stress or don't have enough physical activity.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I'm a 5 and I have zero trouble sleeping. If anything, I have trouble staying awake

Maybe you have too much stress or don't have enough physical activity.
    lol :P physical activity isn't a problem I don't think, I try to stay active and I think I do a good job of it. It's just when i'm laying awake with just my thoughts,

Its like "dude, i never thought about this before, i should try it. ugh, look at the time, ill just make a note for myself tomorrow then lay awake and imagine what it'll be like once I start this" *creates entire virtual world in head instead of sleeping*
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

MBTI
    INTP

I distract myself with something like an online forum until I am too tired to think. Then I fall asleep right away. It helps that I love mornings (I'm cranky if I don't wake up before 7am) With my various horrible, part-time jobs, I've had a chance to study how I sleep. If for some reason I end up in a "wake late fall asleep late" schedule I just have to reset. I find that setting a new schedule really sucks for a week, but then if I am up early my brain is to tired to keep racing at night

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by acronach View Post
    Whenever I try to lay down and go to bed, my mind just races because i'm just laying down in a dark room with my thoughts. I usually get up about 3 times before I fall asleep, write myself a note to remind myself to do something tomorrow, and then get back in bed. It takes me about 45 minutes before I finally fall asleep. I find the habit to be a mix of productive and annoying depending on how much sleep I need to catch up on.

Just wondering if anyone else does this and if anyone has any tips on how to fall asleep faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I don't get much sleep period because of this.
    Not a pure five, but I definitely relate to these.

I have to distract myself into falling asleep. I have to be 100% physically exhausted before that trumps my brain. I can be so tired I can't get out of bed but I still won't be able to sleep because my mind doesn't seem to "Wake up" until everything is silent and I can completely ignore my physical surroundings.

The best I have managed to do is have sleep meds as a back up, and I listen to some kind of music or white noise.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I have a terrible time getting to sleep. I'd like to be able to soothe and rock my brain to sleep.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Whenever I try to lay down and go to bed....
    Personally, what I've done is stopped "trying," and let sleep take my brain down while on the run. Like what @Wolfie said, the thinking-about-it makes it difficult. Almost every night, I fall asleep at this computer instead of in my bed. And half of the time, I wake up on the bed anyway. Actually, half of the time, it's because when I'm starting to feel heavily tired, I go over to my bed "just to rest for a few minutes," not fully conscious, which ends up turning into half a night long. (I forgot about that until now, because it's usually not something I plan.) This does present a problem with alarm clocks and wake-up times, however. That part takes a while/ requires certain circumstances to balance well.

Background noise helps a little, too.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6

Watch tv with volume low.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Whenever I try to lay down and go to bed, my mind just races because i'm just laying down in a dark room with my thoughts. I usually get up about 3 times before I fall asleep, write myself a note to remind myself to do something tomorrow, and then get back in bed. It takes me about 45 minutes before I finally fall asleep. I find the habit to be a mix of productive and annoying depending on how much sleep I need to catch up on.

Just wondering if anyone else does this and if anyone has any tips on how to fall asleep faster.

I have the same problem. I believe it's either 2 reasons for me: 1) Because I don't lay down without any distractions at all throughout the day. So I have so much to think about and need to write it all down, and don't want to forget it so I let my mind keep going. or 2) because I'm anxious...anyways...either way to get you to sleep whether you want to or not if you juice a green apple, 2 celery sticks, and 10 lettuce leaves you will probably fall asleep within 15-30 mins. It works everytime for me the celery calms your mind and body lol