• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] Anxiety

G

Glycerine

Since anxiety seems to be the vice for the head types. How does it manifest for you guys? How do you handle it/destress? I know that everyone deals with anxiety to a certain extent but I have noticed it a great deal with head types. From my experience, 6w7 seem to show it outwardly the most (well at least combined with an extroverted MBTI like ENFP).

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I take a shitload of prozac and the occasional xanax
I avoid stress (ie my mother's calls)
I do things that make me happy
I try to spend some time in the sun each day

MXZCCT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
To deal with anxiety the individual first must understand where anxiety originates from. Obviously, it lies in the person's psyche. It is the feeling that overwhelms an individual when said individual starts to over-analyze a certain topic, or external stimuli creates a high amount of pressure on said individual.

As a 6w5 CP, I tend to keep most of my anxiety inwards. It's typically unhealthy if you cannot find a way to release it. A lot of bad habits can arise from the pressure building within, alcoholism, tobacco and/or drug use. Proper diets and exercise have had huge benefits for my mental health. Although a little cliche, the phrase "It's all in your head" is relevant for me to be able to handle the anxiety.

The best way I've dealt with anxiety is to learn how to detach myself from the stressors which causes to mind to go into overdrive. Easier said then done. It takes a lot of practice.

Siren

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
How does it manifest?

I get irritable
I walk/talk in my sleep
I withdraw and need even more time to myself
I yell at people

How do I destress

Work out hard
Drink
Punch something (at krav maga class)
Household chores that are productive (organizing my crap, yard work, DIY projects, etc)

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

i feel your pain... oh god i feel your pain...

Something I read about type 5 that i tossed aside at first, "5's strategy in life is to not ask too much of it, and hope that nobody asks too much of them in return." I'm finding this to be more and more true lately. Whenever people start asking me small favors and stuff and start getting nitpicky with stuff I do, I tend to be 20x more likely to snap at the next person who says anything to me, even if they're just trying to be nice. I do try to swallow it and be nice back if they are just being nice, but when people are annoying, people are annoying.

What I do to fix it? I've gotten surprisingly awesome results from a 2 minute power nap. Just close your eyes, relax every muscle you can feel in your body, block out all the sounds around you, and clear your head, it actually helps a lot. Another thing that works for me is taking a walk through the woods, but I doubt most people can just take 30 minutes off work time and go to the forest down the street to relax whenever your boss is bugging you :p

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tips: Cardio sessions (moderate to heavy) and yoga works for me. Basically, any activity that forces you to focus on the task and breathe properly.
I'm also taking a nootropic drug called piracetam, but by itself it doesn't do much for me.

dala

MBTI Type
intp
Does anyone else get physical anxiety symptoms without any specific thing that they're anxious about?

W

WALMART

my anxiety manifests itself as a large, bulbous mass of negativity and cynicism. egotistical nihilist, i should probably be shot.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I take a shitload of prozac and the occasional xanax
I do things that make me happy
I try to spend some time in the sun each day

I do wall of these things except for the bolded. In addition I also try to escape through hedonism, and often obsess over things that could go wrong.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I retreat and withdraw to a dark, safe area, and watch comfort tv, eat comfort food, read comfort books, etc. Then I formulate a plan to deal with the source of anxiety, and then reemerge from my cave armed with a plan.

I never experience sourceless anxiety, although I can't always tell the source at first. Investigation reveals it, and it's usually very obvious once found.

Silveresque

I've been feeling ridiculously anxious about nothing in particular almost everyday for nearly a month now. Sometimes it makes me feel slightly nauseated, especially while eating. Actually I just realized something. It's always lunch that makes me feel nauseated, which I've been skipping a lot lately due to not feeling hungry. That's interesting....

Anyways, not much helps, except trying to distract myself and not think about feeling anxious. Green tea might have helped once. Exercise has no noticeable effect on my mood--it just makes me tired.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
FUN! Being happy and positive! Smiling at the people around me. Excercise. Sex. Meditation. D:

Edit: Most importantly, being able to laugh at yourself, life, and the things that stress you out. It's NO BIG DEAL. You'll survive.

G

Glycerine

Disengage. Sleep. Do something mindless. Do something impulsive (like get drunk). Talk a lot! Walk around... pacing back and forth. I react and then take a step back and analyze the situation.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get really bad panic attacks, my first one got me a trip to the ER as I actually blacked out, (lost my vision and was running down the hallway), the feeling that I was floating above my body and the world sounded really far away and muffled like I was under water, severe chest pain and throat constriction. It stemmed from a stupid pathophys test.

Now I just get the chest pain and throat constriction, where I breathe into a paper bag or chew a xanax.

My counselor (from about 6 years ago) pointed out that it builds up by my catastrophizing things in my head... always looking for the potential of everything including the worst potential, and that always freaks me out. Some of my thoughts lead to homelessness or getting fired or house fires or getting cancer, or my car breaking down or ... the list goes on. Sometimes I can think of the best outcome of small situations, but sometimes I can spiral over to the worst too. My other world becomes my reality and my body feels unsafe on a fundamental level a lot of the time. So sometimes when I'm thinking fine, the underlying/ or previous thoughts will still be sitting in my psyche brewing, making my mind think I'm dealing with these multiple traumas, and it will manifest in this constant low level of anxiety that can become extreme.

But now I have that under control with some help from counseling, where I can start on that bad cycle and stop and say... "Actually I'm not in (insert disasters here) I'm just sitting in my kitchen drinking coffee (followed by caffeine can cause anxiety! followed by WAIT STOP! THAT'S NOT THE POINT OF THE RELAXING EXERCISE!)"

The other very best medication for anxiety has definitely been cardio exercise... Esp. running. Exercise a lot and for a long period of time. It brings my thoughts down a notch. A lot of notches, actually. Needless to say, I've come out of all this anxiety with the benefit of being in really good shape. :)

Usehername

On a mission
But now I have that under control with some help from counseling, where I can start on that bad cycle and stop and say... "Actually I'm not in (insert disasters here) I'm just sitting in my kitchen drinking coffee (followed by caffeine can cause anxiety! followed by WAIT STOP! THAT'S NOT THE POINT OF THE RELAXING EXERCISE!)"

hahaha.

I really love that you're taking all the right kinds of actions, btw. :)