User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety

my anxiety manifests itself as a large, bulbous mass of negativity and cynicism. egotistical nihilist, i should probably be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    What do you mean by head types? any type can be a "head" type.
    Enneagram 5, 6, 7. They are in the head center... hence head types.

Quote Originally Posted by dala View Post
    Does anyone else get physical anxiety symptoms without any specific thing that they're anxious about?
    yes. A slow stream of adrenaline in the gut of my stomach.

Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I take a shitload of prozac and the occasional xanax
    I avoid stress (ie my mother's calls)
    I do things that make me happy
    I try to spend some time in the sun each day
    I do wall of these things except for the bolded. In addition I also try to escape through hedonism, and often obsess over things that could go wrong.

4w5 sp/sx

I retreat and withdraw to a dark, safe area, and watch comfort tv, eat comfort food, read comfort books, etc. Then I formulate a plan to deal with the source of anxiety, and then reemerge from my cave armed with a plan.

I never experience sourceless anxiety, although I can't always tell the source at first. Investigation reveals it, and it's usually very obvious once found.

I've been feeling ridiculously anxious about nothing in particular almost everyday for nearly a month now. Sometimes it makes me feel slightly nauseated, especially while eating. Actually I just realized something. It's always lunch that makes me feel nauseated, which I've been skipping a lot lately due to not feeling hungry. That's interesting....

Anyways, not much helps, except trying to distract myself and not think about feeling anxious. Green tea might have helped once. Exercise has no noticeable effect on my mood--it just makes me tired.

Senior Member Array UniqueMixture's Avatar
    378 sx/so

FUN! Being happy and positive! Smiling at the people around me. Excercise. Sex. Meditation. D:

Edit: Most importantly, being able to laugh at yourself, life, and the things that stress you out. It's NO BIG DEAL. You'll survive.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Disengage. Sleep. Do something mindless. Do something impulsive (like get drunk). Talk a lot! Walk around... pacing back and forth. I react and then take a step back and analyze the situation.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    How does it manifest for you guys?
    Apathy, and 'feeling bad'.

How do you handle it?

6w7 sp/sx

I get really bad panic attacks, my first one got me a trip to the ER as I actually blacked out, (lost my vision and was running down the hallway), the feeling that I was floating above my body and the world sounded really far away and muffled like I was under water, severe chest pain and throat constriction. It stemmed from a stupid pathophys test.

Now I just get the chest pain and throat constriction, where I breathe into a paper bag or chew a xanax.

My counselor (from about 6 years ago) pointed out that it builds up by my catastrophizing things in my head... always looking for the potential of everything including the worst potential, and that always freaks me out. Some of my thoughts lead to homelessness or getting fired or house fires or getting cancer, or my car breaking down or ... the list goes on. Sometimes I can think of the best outcome of small situations, but sometimes I can spiral over to the worst too. My other world becomes my reality and my body feels unsafe on a fundamental level a lot of the time. So sometimes when I'm thinking fine, the underlying/ or previous thoughts will still be sitting in my psyche brewing, making my mind think I'm dealing with these multiple traumas, and it will manifest in this constant low level of anxiety that can become extreme.

But now I have that under control with some help from counseling, where I can start on that bad cycle and stop and say... "Actually I'm not in (insert disasters here) I'm just sitting in my kitchen drinking coffee (followed by caffeine can cause anxiety! followed by WAIT STOP! THAT'S NOT THE POINT OF THE RELAXING EXERCISE!)"

The other very best medication for anxiety has definitely been cardio exercise... Esp. running. Exercise a lot and for a long period of time. It brings my thoughts down a notch. A lot of notches, actually. Needless to say, I've come out of all this anxiety with the benefit of being in really good shape.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post

But now I have that under control with some help from counseling, where I can start on that bad cycle and stop and say... "Actually I'm not in (insert disasters here) I'm just sitting in my kitchen drinking coffee (followed by caffeine can cause anxiety! followed by WAIT STOP! THAT'S NOT THE POINT OF THE RELAXING EXERCISE!)"

I really love that you're taking all the right kinds of actions, btw.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis