• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] Anxiety

VagrantFarce

exercise, getting stuff done - in other words, taking positive action. It conditions your head to shut up. :)

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
I seek for psychologist.

holygrail036.jpg

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hahaha.

I really love that you're taking all the right kinds of actions, btw. :)

Yeah, I started treating the anxiety like 7 years ago so it's pretty well under control by now.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I didn't have anything I could identify as anxiety until I became an adult, which is rather surprising if you take my childhood into account. When I was 18/19 I started panicking and having frequent anxious feelings. It goes up and down, but I think it has gotten progressively worse each time I have a phase of it. Unfortunately, I'm not the type who can run around doing things to distract myself. That makes me more anxious. Sitting around doing nothing and relaxing is really what works best, and that certainly is a blow to productivity!!

danithepsychonaut

MBTI Type
WEED
Deep breathing exercices, incense/candle/light meditations, sitting outside clearing the mind, boxing/Kickboxing and yoga are methods I use when feeling anxious. My anxiety stems from any form of social interaction (even being around close friends) I also love aromatherapy!! It helps a bunch. In other words... holistic therapy in all forms :)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Does anyone else get physical anxiety symptoms without any specific thing that they're anxious about?

Yes.

That's why sometimes I don't even recognize it as anxiety, but it usually manifests itself in the following ways:

- Insomnia
- Restlessness
- Irritability/Shortness with Others
- Indigestion
- Sleep Paralysis/Other Sleep Issues
- Bleakness/Cynicism

Remedies:

- Strenuous Exercise
- Long Walks
- Long Drives (Alone, with Music)
- Distracting myself with reading or starting in on a new subject
- Distracting myself with video games
- Starting a new project
- Drinking
- Adderall

Basically, anything that doesn't allow me to dwell.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
my anxiety manifests itself as a large, bulbous mass of negativity and cynicism. egotistical nihilist, i should probably be shot.

Yes.

That's why sometimes I don't even recognize it as anxiety, but it usually manifests itself in the following ways:

- Insomnia
- Restlessness
- Bleakness/Cynicism

Remedies:

- Strenuous Exercise
- Long Walks
- Starting a new project
- Drinking

yep

dala

MBTI Type
intp
Yes.

- Insomnia
- Restlessness
- Indigestion
- Bleakness/Cynicism

Remedies:

- Strenuous Exercise
- Long Walks
- Starting a new project
- Drinking
- Adderall

Isn't Adderall an amphetamine? I can't even take psudoephedrine without my heart racing like I've just run a marathon for the next 24 hours.

Generally, I can only get away with taking depressants/mild opiates/anti-anxiety non-psychoactive meds without problems.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Isn't Adderall an amphetamine? I can't even take psudoephedrine without my heart racing like I've just run a marathon for the next 24 hours.

Yeah, I get that problem with pseudoephedrine, but Adderall seems to have a calming, focus-inducing effect on me. I've heard some people say that it makes them hyper and even more anxious, though. But I don't know...it has two effects that I think help: (1) it makes you want to do shit and not just sit there ruminating, and (2) once you start doing something on it you get a one-track mind and don't really think about anything else during the duration of the drug.

It's not good for you, though, so I don't do it anymore. And even if the effects do help you out during the "high" period, the come-down makes everything crash back to you twofold, so you feel double anxious and irritable.

dala

MBTI Type
intp
Exercise and diet it is, then. If only there was an easy fix.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
I'm constantly anxious; fidgeting, moving my position in the seat, clicking my mouse buttons compulsively, and other stuff. It's not helped by the fact that my medication causes akathisia.

Here's an example of the type of akathisia I experience:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Stress manifests in me through one or more of the following:
Tense muscles
Increased heart rate
More depressed
Change in energy level- either get tired more easily or get more restless and trouble sitting still
More trouble thinking clearly. Brain freezes.

How do I destress:
Find ways to distract myself. This could be watching a funny TV show or movie, video games, internet surfing, music, etc.
Exercise- preferably long walks alone

Swiko

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
There's no real way I deal with my anxiety... and I get it a lot. My doctor prescribed me some medication a while back, but my dad refuses to pay for it (I only recently turned 18 and I am a full time student with no job and no money, living with my dad). When I feel anxious, I just panic. If I'm driving, I pull over immediately because I don't want to get into an accident. There's a lot of crying and I only even reach out to people I completely trust--usually my mom or dad, maybe once in a while my best friend. And I panic over the stupidest things (getting my first D on a project in college when I thought I had done well made me think it was the end of the world).
The only way I can really calm down is to just give myself some private time to let out everything I'd bottled up, or vent to one of my parents. I always get completely irrational and usually, a day or so later, I realize it. But, as for anxiety... I have yet to find a way for me to deal with it, honestly.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anxiety manifests itself in me as repetitive negative thoughts that spiral downwards. I can identify it is an unhealthy process because the ideas don't develop, but are repeated obsessively. The issue is that it is typically a deeply personal fear being applied to a situation for which I cannot get enough information to determine any sort of conclusion. It is the inability to address the issue in "idea space" that can exacerbate the problem, so I have to actually get out of idea space and do something concrete. I think solving a concrete problem is a healthy solution to counteract the failure of the abstract realm.

In a healthy context I need a lot of time to retreat and think, but if I am struggling with a sustained anxiety attack I have to keep my mind occupied and have activities I am required to do. Being home alone is a bad idea in those situations. I do take medication which has helped so much, and ideally meditation and yoga helps.