User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Default 9w1s, sound off like you got a pair!

Hello,

Just looking to meet and greet with my fellow 9w1s OR looking for stories (good, bad, everything in-between) of experiences with 9w1s. The truth is I don't have a lot of experience with Enneagrams so I'm eager to learn and discover
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    ISTP

9w1s are fun to troll when they get conflict avoidant. I'm a 9w8 and I had one 9w1 friend and we had very different approaches to conflict. Where he'd get avoidant, I'd focus on trying to resolve the issue. I remember one time where there was some sort of conflict going on (I can't remember exactly what it was) but it involved him making a decision, so he got extremely avoidant and I was just there the whole time poking and prodding him to try to get him to actually get up and do something.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Ha! I kind of sort of might have given my husband a little bit of attitude on Wednesday. I'm tired of listening to his family whine and cry about everything, but never taking any steps to fix the issues. So I told my husband that I wasn't in the mood to deal with them and to just drop me off at home so I could work on some photo editing instead. So.. Yeah...I totally "avoided conflict" by telling my husband I didn't want to go to his parents. Surprisingly, he didn't push the issue. I must've had the "only child" attitude look.

In all honesty... I can handle conflict... I just don't like to. So unless it's something I'm adamantly against, I'll usually cave and just agree to whatever the other person wants. Though there are times where I'm pretty damn stubborn and refuse to agree on anything....that usually results in me hiding in my room until the problem just goes away.

*Backs away from thread slowly, as to avoid drawing attention to herself*

I'm a 9w1 sx/sp and naturally I am pretty conflict adverse.. It makes me very very uneasy.. For a while now, I've been focusing (daily) on being more assertive, and honestly it's worked out very very well. In my job I HAVE to be assertive and directive, so I sort of had a crash course in it (ENTJ & ESTJ bosses). Plus I work with about 80 type A people, so I can't be so passive, I'd get lost.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    Ha! I kind of sort of might have given my husband a little bit of attitude on Wednesday. I'm tired of listening to his family whine and cry about everything, but never taking any steps to fix the issues. So I told my husband that I wasn't in the mood to deal with them and to just drop me off at home so I could work on some photo editing instead. So.. Yeah...I totally "avoided conflict" by telling my husband I didn't want to go to his parents. Surprisingly, he didn't push the issue. I must've had the "only child" attitude look.

In all honesty... I can handle conflict... I just don't like to. So unless it's something I'm adamantly against, I'll usually cave and just agree to whatever the other person wants. Though there are times where I'm pretty damn stubborn and refuse to agree on anything....that usually results in me hiding in my room until the problem just goes away.

*Backs away from thread slowly, as to avoid drawing attention to herself*
    I hear ya! I dislike conflict conflict very much but once the gloves have to go off...I'm not afraid to bite. Aggressive outbursts can accomplish a lot I've noticed.
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    I'm a 9w1 sx/sp and naturally I am pretty conflict adverse.. It makes me very very uneasy.. For a while now, I've been focusing (daily) on being more assertive, and honestly it's worked out very very well. In my job I HAVE to be assertive and directive, so I sort of had a crash course in it (ENTJ & ESTJ bosses). Plus I work with about 80 type A people, so I can't be so passive, I'd get lost.
    I work in real estate property management and conflict is a normal part of the job. I've had to learn to stand up for myself and while it certainly hasn't been easy, it's been very rewarding
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I really don't get this conflict avoidance. I'm usually in your face if I'm pissed. LOL.

EDIT: The internet doesn't count... ^_^

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Umm... I don't... know... what a 9w1 story would be? I'm fairly averse to conflict, but I will also get up in someone's face if I have a problem with them. One time when I was 7 I got really mad because this bully (who was 11) kept picking on the other kids. So I built up the courage to storm up to him, stared him in the face, and started screaming at him about how mean he was and how I wasn't afraid of him, and he would get what was coming to him someday, etc. He looked completely stunned, stood there for a minute, and just walked away.
    Likes Aurora James liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Ha! So it seems most of the 9w1s are similar around here... We'd prefer to avoid conflict, but by golly if you want a piece we'll get in your face about it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Rage of the 9.