User Tag List

View Poll Results: What core type do you think I am?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

2 40.00%

3 60.00%

0 0%

0 0%
123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Type 6w7 vs. 7w6 concrete differences.

I can't tell if I'm 6w7 or 7w6. If 6 was blue and 7 was red, then I would be purple. How do you differentiate a 6w7 and 7w6?

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I can't tell if I'm 6w7 or 7w6. If 6 was blue and 7 was red, then I would be purple. How do you differentiate a 6w7 and 7w6?
    Off the top of my head, I'd say that a 6w7 would be more likely to have this question than a 7w6.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    Off the top of my head, I'd say that a 6w7 would be more likely to have this question than a 7w6.
    I could see a 7 with a strong 6 wing very likely to ask this question as well.

EDIT: @Elfboy what do you think?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I could see a 7 with a strong 6 wing very likely to ask this question as well.
    EDIT: @Elfboy what do you think?
    I could see either honestly. have you read the 7 and 6 descriptions from that Enneagram Made Easy book at your house

Edit: one thing that might help
    - 6 is the most conscientious type on the enneagram
    - 7 is the least conscientious type on the enneagram
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I'd say the most clean-cut difference is outlook. 6 is fundamentally pessimistic; 7 is fundamentally optimistic - even though both may be bubbly and future-oriented. 6 is the troubleshooter while 7 is the escapist.

Real life example - every Thursday at work, our manager posts our schedules for the coming week. Some people are excited to see the schedule - to learn when they will be making money and when they will have time free. I am invariably nervous about the schedule. Will I have the days off I was hoping for? Will I have enough hours? Will I be scheduled to work any nights, I told her I wouldn't work nights, but she seemed upset with me earlier and she could be punishing me? I have had to train myself to not freak out and get angry about the schedule before the schedule is even posted. That's how the 6 idea-path works. It highlights potential trouble-spots and begins working on how to address them.

Quote Originally Posted by enneagraminstitute
    Sixes make their internal stability dependent on the stability of their external environment: in other words, as long as everything in their lives is running reasonably well, they feel secure and able to cope with things. As soon as problems or areas of uncertainty arise, however, they are quickly thrown into a storm of confusion and emotional reactions.
    Whereas the 7's fear is not about external deprivation, but internal deprivation, and as such they see the external world as the place of possibilities and hope. A 7 may respond to a work schedule (oh no, 35 hours of being trapped) by thinking about all the ways they can fill their free time that don't involve the boredom of work, or how they can make each day a little different, or how they're going on a trip soon, and so on. 7 is more about grappling with the fear of being limited, of not being free to pursue whatever engages the mind next.

The problem is that the more Sevens fill up their minds anticipating the fun they will have in the future, the less they are in touch with whatever experience they are having in the present. Consequently, the experience they are currently having cannot really affect them, cannot really satisfy them. This is like the person who has always wanted to see the pyramids in Egypt, and after much anticipation, finally embarks on a trip to see them. However, on arriving at the pyramids, the person is anticipating an exciting dinner in Cairo that night, or perhaps thinking about showing friends back home their pictures of the trip, and so "misses" seeing the pyramids. The person’s attention is elsewhere, no on the experience that they are having. Naturally, this decreases the enjoyment of the experience, leaving the Seven hungry for more.

As enjoyment decreases, average Sevens feel anxious and insecure, leading them to overdo their activities all the more.
    It's ironic because both the pessimism and optimism totally overshoot realism. Both of them - and this is the problem of the entire thinking triad - are spending more time in their heads than in actually feeling or being.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Elfboy

Yeah I know, I could see myself as either as well

@skylights

I related to both of those descriptions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

@skylights

I related to both of those descriptions.
    Have you read this before?

Quote Originally Posted by enneagraminstitute.com
    Misidentifying Sixes and Sevens

Sixes and Sevens can be mistyped when there is confusion between main type and wing: that is, between a Six with a Seven-wing and a Seven with a Six-wing. Both are Thinking types, and both are driven by anxiety, although they cope with their anxious feelings in strikingly different ways. Sixes tend to react to their anxiety by fretting and becoming more anxious. They may react counterphobically by reacting against their fears, but react they do. Further, anxiety tends to make Sixes more pessimistic and negative about themselves and their prospects. They can be full of self-doubt, while being suspicious of the motives of others.

Sevens, by contrast are extremely optimistic, and react to anxiety by looking for enjoyable distractions. Sevens suppress their self-doubt as much as possible, and try to keep everything upbeat. Sevens tend to deny the dark corners of their souls, sixes tend to get stuck in them. Sixes, however, have a heightened sense of responsibility and do not allow themselves to "goof off" until all of their obligations have been met. Sevens, for better or for worse, are far more spontaneous, and resist having too many expectations placed on them. They want to be free to come and go as they please, and find the Six's persistent sense of commitment potentially limiting and dull. Sixes tend to find the Seven's lifestyle flighty and irresponsible. In short, sixes seek out structure and guidelines: Sevens resist both. Compare David Letterman (a Six) with Jim Carey (a Seven).

Return to Top
    I personally relate more to 6 because I:
    - Do tend to ruminate on the "dark corners of my soul". I am very moody, and almost all of my negative moods include (or stem from) anxiety.
    - Have a very strong sense of responsibility (with the caveat that my sense of responsibility, as an ExFP, rests mainly in terms of my understanding of what I must get done so I don't burden others. Past that, I will goof off.)
    - I do constantly seek commitment, even though it also unnerves me.
    - I do seek structure and guidelines - but (esp. as an ENFP) I am very adamant that structured hierarchies are structured to give people stability without limiting fairness or opportunity for fulfillment, and that they are always seeking better arrangements.

And then there's this:

vs.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I can tell a big difference between myself and a true 7. I'm a lot more cautious and introverted, but I tend to take these big leaps of escape or can come across as being "rock star" if I feel like it.

Someone who really knows you would be able to tell the difference. With me, only OTHER PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T KNOW ME WELL would mistake me for a 7. Me or someone intimate with me would never mistake me for a 7.

A 6w7 may have big escapist optimistic moments or seem to other people to be carefree, but they would know to themselves and people who were familiar with their real anxiety and negativity would never make such an error.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

As a 7 I just assume the schedule is going to be perfect and everything will be fantastic!
    So much so that it's already truth in my head.

If its not after I look... Then I wonder this and that and get all ansty and stressed until I spin it into some amazing perfect thing that I had no idea was actually the better scenario!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

I personally relate more to 6 because I:
    - Do tend to ruminate on the "dark corners of my soul". I am very moody, and almost all of my negative moods include (or stem from) anxiety.
    - Have a very strong sense of responsibility (with the caveat that my sense of responsibility, as an ExFP, rests mainly in terms of my understanding of what I must get done so I don't burden others. Past that, I will goof off.)
    - I do constantly seek commitment, even though it also unnerves me.
    - I do seek structure and guidelines - but (esp. as an ENFP) I am very adamant that structured hierarchies are structured to give people stability without limiting fairness or opportunity for fulfillment, and that they are always seeking better arrangements.

And then there's this:

vs.

Yeah as a P I don't really like structure at all...but there's this part of me that looooongs for other people to create it: a very J-ish boyfriend or even SJ friends, I look to others to have some structure for me to return to when I am frightened, I just can't be permanently "out there" with no structure, I must have "the other" to turn to for my "safety net." I am such a six it fits me to a T.

I also seek a kind of "relaxed commitment" as a 6w7. I want people who are dependable in my life, I even have had more than one group of friends that I called "family," but they also can't hem me in. I want you to know I am loyal, and to know that you are loyal, but that you aren't going to trap me or stop me from doing my thing. Hold on loosely, but don't let go, to quote Steely Dan .38 special

I also relate to to "Rebel with a Cause" and "Leap of Faith" in that collage up there.