User Tag List

View Poll Results: What core type do you think I am?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

2 40.00%

3 60.00%

0 0%

0 0%
First 234

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Rebirth View Post
    6w7 wants to be accepted and liked... After conquering safety, the wing 7 would make them more outgoing, fun-looking ...
    7w6 naturally want to be 'the cool guy' but it's the w6 that provides the desire to be liked.

Yache?
    I'm almost wondering if you are speaking from a 6ish, possibly phobic/phobic wing (idk with 'cool' being brought into the mix) , Fe-ish, social variant 1st *place* because, like Lady X, I don't relate to those (supposedly natural?) 7w6 'wants' - at all really and never have.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I'm almost wondering if you are speaking from a 6ish, possibly phobic/phobic wing (idk with 'cool' being brought into the mix) , Fe-ish, social variant 1st *place* because, like Lady X, I don't relate to those (supposedly natural?) 7w6 'wants' - at all really and never have.
    Ok, take a look here:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Rebirth View Post
    Ok, take a look here:

Thanks for providing this link. Yah see...how do I even say...
    Those descriptions that Fauvre puts forth... I mean, he's giving a very dilute generalization of the phobic social 6...and social 7 with a phobic 6 wing. And while his 6 description may be able to 'cover' a few of the 6 sp/sos...it wouldn't describe 6 sp/sxs very well as they tend to have 'episodes' (here and there) of counterphobia (take stands against things that often single them out)...and it certainly wouldn't describe the counterphobic sexual 6s or subsequently the sexual 7s (<--- many, although not all, of these guys actually take pride in NOT fitting-in).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Agreed miss starry...

I honestly can't remember ever feeling the need to fit in.

I remember in elementary school thinking I'm not like them... I dont know what to do with those people.

But it wasn't driven by a need to be like them. Or be accepted by them. It was in a trying to figure out first if I wanted to know them and then figuring out how to relate to them.

At that time I was more shy... Until I settled in to the whole school thing and realized its easier just not to care... And that I didn't really care if people liked me or not.

Maybe I would've felt differently if people generally didn't like me but they usually did.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Agreed miss starry...

I honestly can't remember ever feeling the need to fit in.

I remember in elementary school thinking I'm not like them... I dont know what to do with those people.

But it wasn't driven by a need to be like them. Or be accepted by them. It was in a trying to figure out first if I wanted to know them and then figuring out how to relate to them.

At that time I was more shy... Until I settled in to the whole school thing and realized its easier just not to care... And that I didn't really care if people liked me or not.

Maybe I would've felt differently if people generally didn't like me but they usually did.
    OMgosh exactly ha!

I always say that I’m saved by the fact that people either readily like me…or at least see me as ‘harmless’…because I have ZERO in the way of ‘social game’. The real truth of the matter is…is I should probably try harder to be cool in order to fit-in (< --- haha that’s cracking me up). But I don’t because I just can’t be called upon to care. I mean, I’m not one of those that takes *pride* in NOT fitting-in…but at the same time there’s not a lot of people I would want to fit-in with. I very much see myself as an individual that just wants the freedom to follow my heart’s desire (read impulses)…and having to concern myself with ‘who’s who’ and ‘what’s cool’ would be such a bore and take away from the moment.

There are certain ‘larger social situations’ (work, etc.) where I will attempt (not always successfully) to curb my behavior to match the group…but NOT because I care to be liked. I just want my comings-and-goings to be easier so again I am ‘freer’ in that way. But aside from a very small handful of people…I can’t be bothered with what other people think of me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

isn't that funny? i never could relate to that need.

my thinking was that if two people had a lot in common...or just related really well then liking each other would be natural...

if...someone doesn't like me...i don't see it as personal...just we don't relate well...i can even like someone without minding rather or not they like me.

funny...that reminded me of a conversation i had with a poster here once..

shortly after i joined and became aware of them...it seemed as tho they didn't much care for me...but i totally didn't even care haha i just thought/think they're awesome.

it's just as if how they feel about it is irrelevant...has no affect on my opinion.

which seems perfectly rational to me....i wonder if that's odd now tho.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by King sns View Post
    I think 7's are much more free spirited overall. When thinking about all the potentials, more like, "how can I make the most of this world with activity and fun and stimulation and be free of commitments", plain and simple. For me, it's like I want that too, but I first want that way of relating to the world or something. Just the feeling like everything is right and not my brain stemming off in all different directions first. Because that direction can be everywhere as a super-head type. I think 7's have a bit of that too, but aren't as concerned about it, or maybe just not a focus on that part of it. We can drown in good and bad potentials, sometimes the bad potentials holding us back. Outwardly? I think that 7w6's are nervous but more free, fun, maybe a little less responsible in their quests... 6's, just a little more skepticism from the confusion in our heads I suppose, a little more likely to think on the negative side of things. I'm just rambling but that's some of my guess.

I tend to just like some constants in my life, I stay at jobs, I don't like moving, I try to hold on to friends and support systems. It's like if there are certain constants in place in the background than I can feel like I can branch out a little bit in my day to day activities. I know a lot of people like the above things but I, (and I suspect some other sixes) just have an extreme fear of losing those things so there is like a huge section of our brains devoted to holding onto some constants.

7's are always looking for more so they'd be more outwardly changing things up a lot.
    I dislike change.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Well, since you're an ENTP, I'd go with 7.
    4w5 so/sp - 5w4 so/sx - 9w1 sp/so
    Fi > Ne > Ni > Fe > Si > Ti > Se > Te
    Melancholic/Phlegmatic/Supine