User Tag List

View Poll Results: What core type do you think I am?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1

    0 0%
  • 2

    0 0%
  • 3

    0 0%
  • 4

    0 0%
  • 5

    0 0%
  • 6

    2 40.00%
  • 7

    3 60.00%
  • 8

    0 0%
  • 9

    0 0%
First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 38

  1. #21
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,808

    Default

    I think 6's are cursed!!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  2. #22
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    6w7s can be externally happy, but tend to sabote their success, acting more easily when circumstances seem clearly against them.
    7w6s can be externally insecures and moody, but they rush after success which doesn't cost too much efforts.
    I can self-sabotage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Have you created more than one of these threads? Because I feel like I've responded to you about this before but I'm not seeing my response here.
    Ahhh...okay...so anyway fwiw Great One...I think you are an ENTP and an e7.

    I've read bits and pieces all over the internet with regards to wings...and it appears that your wing can become 'exaggerated' after experiencing trauma or depression, etc. and I believe this may be what has happened to you. At least this is what happened to me. I had learned about enneagram after having experienced way too many back-to-back traumatic life experiences that I subsequently believed I was a CP 6w7 instead of a 7w6. And it took some time too... I needed to get some distance between me and the depression in order to see that e6 really wasn't who I was...who I truly was at my core (who I had been prior to my bad state). In other words my 6 wing was over-expressing itself during a period of major stress. Again...this is just my opinion of what I believe is going on with you. It is my opinion that you operate more like an e7. You seem more like an e7...at least on the internet...at your core.
    Yeah, I thought about that. Maybe I should try to get healthier before I try to type myself with the enneagram.

  3. #23
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Have you created more than one of these threads? Because I feel like I've responded to you about this before but I'm not seeing my response here.
    Ahhh...okay...so anyway fwiw Great One...I think you are an ENTP and an e7.

    I've read bits and pieces all over the internet with regards to wings...and it appears that your wing can become 'exaggerated' after experiencing trauma or depression, etc. and I believe this may be what has happened to you. At least this is what happened to me. I had learned about enneagram after having experienced way too many back-to-back traumatic life experiences that I subsequently believed I was a CP 6w7 instead of a 7w6. And it took some time too... I needed to get some distance between me and the depression in order to see that e6 really wasn't who I was...who I truly was at my core (who I had been prior to my bad state). In other words my 6 wing was over-expressing itself during a period of major stress. Again...this is just my opinion of what I believe is going on with you. It is my opinion that you operate more like an e7. You seem more like an e7...at least on the internet...at your core.
    Oh wow we are so much alike starry! I totally think this is true for me too!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #24
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Oh wow we are so much alike starry! I totally think this is true for me too!
    After reading that. I think that I'm a 7 with a strong 6 wing.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Your wing only influences how you deal with the fears and defense mechanisms of your main type. This is also only in the form of an added bent.

  6. #26
    Blind Guardian Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    6w7s are awesome in an awkward sort of way. I just want to be nice to them. 7w6s *seem* more confident and I don't feel such an inclination to be nice. Actually they can be quite rude. Like if a 6w7 was rude, I kinda give them the benefit of the doubt, but when a 7w6 is rude I don't so much. That's about as concrete as I can get.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Hyacinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    471 sx/sp
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Sixes tend to be checked by their superego, so that's one way. Sixes will generally be more concerned with their systems of right and wrong than a Seven would.

  8. #28
    Junior Member Phoenix_Rebirth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sp
    Posts
    3

    Default

    6w7 wants to fit in to be cool;
    7w6 wants to be cool to fit in.

  9. #29
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Omg that makes no sense!!

    And...I don't care about fitting in.

    But naturally very cool yes
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  10. #30
    Junior Member Phoenix_Rebirth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sp
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Omg that makes no sense!!

    And...I don't care about fitting in.

    But naturally very cool yes
    6w7 wants to be accepted and liked... After conquering safety, the wing 7 would make them more outgoing, fun-looking ...
    7w6 naturally want to be 'the cool guy' but it's the w6 that provides the desire to be liked.

    Yache?

Similar Threads

  1. [E6] Difference between 6w7 and 7w6?
    By Boo in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 09-08-2015, 10:15 PM
  2. [Enne] Type 9 vs type 5 - differences?
    By seradane in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-08-2015, 03:47 PM
  3. [E7] 7w8 vs 7w6?
    By Lady_X in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 06:54 PM
  4. Typing characters vs. actors
    By sleuthiness in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 04:19 PM
  5. Type Theory vs. Temperament Theory
    By proteanmix in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 10:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO