User Tag List

View Poll Results: What core type do you think I am?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

2 40.00%

3 60.00%

0 0%

0 0%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I think 7's are much more free spirited overall. When thinking about all the potentials, more like, "how can I make the most of this world with activity and fun and stimulation and be free of commitments", plain and simple. For me, it's like I want that too, but I first want that way of relating to the world or something. Just the feeling like everything is right and not my brain stemming off in all different directions first. Because that direction can be everywhere as a super-head type. I think 7's have a bit of that too, but aren't as concerned about it, or maybe just not a focus on that part of it. We can drown in good and bad potentials, sometimes the bad potentials holding us back. Outwardly? I think that 7w6's are nervous but more free, fun, maybe a little less responsible in their quests... 6's, just a little more skepticism from the confusion in our heads I suppose, a little more likely to think on the negative side of things. I'm just rambling but that's some of my guess.

I tend to just like some constants in my life, I stay at jobs, I don't like moving, I try to hold on to friends and support systems. It's like if there are certain constants in place in the background than I can feel like I can branch out a little bit in my day to day activities. I know a lot of people like the above things but I, (and I suspect some other sixes) just have an extreme fear of losing those things so there is like a huge section of our brains devoted to holding onto some constants.

7's are always looking for more so they'd be more outwardly changing things up a lot.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

yeah, it's like you really want an anchor, even though you like floating free for short periods of time. but too much freedom is scary... i need footing...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@skylights

Misidentifying Sixes and Sevens

Sixes and Sevens can be mistyped when there is confusion between main type and wing: that is, between a Six with a Seven-wing and a Seven with a Six-wing. Both are Thinking types, and both are driven by anxiety, although they cope with their anxious feelings in strikingly different ways. Sixes tend to react to their anxiety by fretting and becoming more anxious. They may react counterphobically by reacting against their fears, but react they do. Further, anxiety tends to make Sixes more pessimistic and negative about themselves and their prospects. They can be full of self-doubt, while being suspicious of the motives of others.

Sevens, by contrast are extremely optimistic, and react to anxiety by looking for enjoyable distractions. Sevens suppress their self-doubt as much as possible, and try to keep everything upbeat. Sevens tend to deny the dark corners of their souls, sixes tend to get stuck in them. Sixes, however, have a heightened sense of responsibility and do not allow themselves to "goof off" until all of their obligations have been met. Sevens, for better or for worse, are far more spontaneous, and resist having too many expectations placed on them. They want to be free to come and go as they please, and find the Six's persistent sense of commitment potentially limiting and dull. Sixes tend to find the Seven's lifestyle flighty and irresponsible. In short, sixes seek out structure and guidelines: Sevens resist both. Compare David Letterman (a Six) with Jim Carey (a Seven).
    I relate to all of the bolded. When under pressure I do kind of think automatically that things are going to hell. I worry and worry until I'm blue in the face. However, at the same time, I also escape my problems with strong hedonism, and often times deny that I am having a problem at all. Many times I just want to pretend that life is great even when it sucks. That's why I'm on this site right now, because my life sucks and I need distractions. I also feel social obligations to my friends and family and would put those obligations above hedonism if need be. However, at the same time, I hate obligations in general and avoid them whenever possible. I want to keep things as open and as free as possible. The more open my options are the better. In addition, I hate a dull and boring life as well. Another thing that I should point out is that I am often suspicious of others motives as well, and am constantly making back up plans in case things go to hell.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @skylights

I relate to all of the bolded. When under pressure I do kind of think automatically that things are going to hell. I worry and worry until I'm blue in the face. However, at the same time, I also escape my problems with strong hedonism, and often times deny that I am having a problem at all. Many times I just want to pretend that life is great even when it sucks. That's why I'm on this site right now, because my life sucks and I need distractions. I also feel social obligations to my friends and family and would put those obligations above hedonism if need be. However, at the same time, I hate obligations in general and avoid them whenever possible. I want to keep things as open and as free as possible. The more open my options are the better. In addition, I hate a dull and boring life as well. Another thing that I should point out is that I am often suspicious of others motives as well, and am constantly making back up plans in case things go to hell.
    Well, you are Ne dominant, after all, and you seem strongly Ne (which would be supported by your NeFe status, making you all the more E, making you all the more P). So it's unsurprising that you have a certain degree of hate for obligations. I can too, depending on what they are. What I hate is obligations when they take away time from potential opportunities (I used to feel it SUPER strongly when I had an intense crush and then scheduling would limit the amount of time i could potentially spend with said crush). And I hate dull and boring too!

You sound quite 6, really, though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Well, you are Ne dominant, after all, and you seem strongly Ne (which would be supported by your NeFe status, making you all the more E, making you all the more P). So it's unsurprising that you have a certain degree of hate for obligations. I can too, depending on what they are. What I hate is obligations when they take away time from potential opportunities (I used to feel it SUPER strongly when I had an intense crush and then scheduling would limit the amount of time i could potentially spend with said crush). And I hate dull and boring too!

I agree that he seems like a 6, because he's much much touchier than E7 ENTPs I've encountered, I've never known an ENTP who *I* could torment, who didn't torment me first or at least in return.

So maybe it's because he's a reactive, anxious 6. *shrug*

Note that I say this because he apparently has been offended by things I've said and done, which I would normally expect an ENTP to either take with a grain of salt, or fight back with playfully and perhaps scornfully.

I'm hard pressed to think of another ENTP who threatened to put me on ignore.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

Yeah, I sound very 6 when I think about it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Hmm I wonder if I'm a 6...
    I can't possibly be tho... Right? I mean... I feel very 7 but I'm super mega reactive... Like annoyingly so...or... It just annoys me so much that I'm hyper aware of myself doing it... Idk
    Fuck the enneagram it keeps confusing me.
    Last edited by Lady_X; 07-08-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Hmm I wonder if I'm a 6...
    I can't possibly be tho... Right? I mean... I feel very 7 but I'm super mega reactive... Like annoyingly so...or... It just annoys me so much that I'm hyper aware if myself doing it... Idk
    Fuck the enneagram it keeps confusing me.
    Join the club sister

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

6w7s can be externally happy, but tend to sabote their success, acting more easily when circumstances seem clearly against them.
    7w6s can be externally insecures and moody, but they rush after success which doesn't cost too much efforts.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yeah, I sound very 6 when I think about it.
    Have you created more than one of these threads? Because I feel like I've responded to you about this before but I'm not seeing my response here.
    Ahhh...okay...so anyway fwiw Great One...I think you are an ENTP and an e7.

I've read bits and pieces all over the internet with regards to wings...and it appears that your wing can become 'exaggerated' after experiencing trauma or depression, etc. and I believe this may be what has happened to you. At least this is what happened to me. I had learned about enneagram after having experienced way too many back-to-back traumatic life experiences that I subsequently believed I was a CP 6w7 instead of a 7w6. And it took some time too... I needed to get some distance between me and the depression in order to see that e6 really wasn't who I was...who I truly was at my core (who I had been prior to my bad state). In other words my 6 wing was over-expressing itself during a period of major stress. Again...this is just my opinion of what I believe is going on with you. It is my opinion that you operate more like an e7. You seem more like an e7...at least on the internet...at your core.