User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 51

  1. #1
    Senior Member Cloud of Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    572

    Default The Heart Triad at its Best

    Maybe it's just me, but there doesn't seem to be much love, so to speak, for the Heart types (see the Wimpiest Eneatype thread as one example). Personally, I'm not a big fan of this triad either, but surely there must some good examples of people who are 2's, 3's, or 4's, and also examples of behavior that demonstrates the Heart triad at its best.

    I'll name one very obvious example of the Heart triad at its best: Mother Theresa, the quintessential 2w1.

  2. #2
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Hmmm? I tend to hate 8's who lack integration, actually, I don't hate the heart triad at all, though I could see where 2's could get irritating if they were co-dependent or martyr-like.

    3's and 4's can be fabulous, I have 4w3 in my tritype, and one of my exes is a 3w2.

    Even though I'm a 6w7 I honestly have the hardest time trusting 7s (as well as lower level 8s) ...and wonder if I could ever cope with the self-imposed distance of a 5.

    I think you may perceive it this way because you're IN the heart triad?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Each triad has its strengths and weaknesses and healthy and unhealthy people. I simply use Enneagrams as clues into people's psyche and use it to have better relationships with them - or help other people understand them.

    People's health levels etc are variable and therefore each person has to be understood uniquely - or at least that's what I try to do.

    E.g. My sister's husband is a very unhealthy ESFJ Type 2 [and emotionally abusive] which doesn't mean all ESFJ 2's are like that. Just him. However, understanding his type has helped me explain his behaviour and try to help in some way to help him integrate a little.

    On the flip, my INTJ brother is an 8. One would think the ESFJ Type 2 to be less abusive/controlling, right? Nope -- that's far from the truth. I could easily type my ESFJ Type 2 brother in law as an ESTJ Type 8, but I know better because he's unhealthy, therefore the type he "seems" like isn't his type.

    Ironically, my ESFJ Type 2 brother in law is more controlling, manipulative [disintegrated to unhealthy 8] than my INTJ Type 8 brother who's become much more altruistic and loving than most men I've ever known [integrated to Type 2].

  4. #4
    Senior Member Cloud of Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I think you may perceive it this way because you're IN the heart triad?
    No, I'm a 1.

  5. #5
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    No, I'm a 1.
    Well I've personally never noticed a bias against the heart triad, though everyone has their own petty hatreds, depending on their own personality and life experiences.

    As a counterphobic 6, a low level 8 would be my WORST match, because I would constantly fight with them in a way that would wreck me internally and constantly keep me on the defense. In fact I think my worst female enemies on this web site were both E8. Interestingly, though, I know a female 8 I love to death, but she's very integrated to the point she doesn't seem to have any need to prove it, she just IS powerful, so instead I respect her and admire her instead of wanting to constantly fight with her.

    Then as an anxious 6, a romantic partner who was a 7 would probably make me horrendously insecure, especially a 7w8.

    Finally, the 5 seems awfully emotionally cool to me - especially with a 6 wing instead of a 4 wing - and again ROMANTICALLY I don't know how well I am matched with a 5, unless they were an sx dom 5 with a 4 wing, who made an effort to not make me feel emotionally abandoned.

    So my problem with 8s is universal (men and women) but only to lower level 8s; and my issue with 7s and 5s would be more romantic than with people in general.

    Other people may hate 3s and find them showy and narcissistic, or whatever. I've also encountered people who have contempt for self-absorbed 4s and extremely relationship focused 2s. I'm not one of those people though.

    It really depends on the person.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Cloud of Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Well, be that as it may, I'm looking for good examples of the Heart types. I have another one: Desmond Tutu, another 2w1.

  7. #7
    Blind Guardian Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    It seems like people's experience with 2s is very simplistic. On one hand there are countless stories like this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Ironically, my ESFJ Type 2 brother in law is more controlling, manipulative [disintegrated to unhealthy 8] than my INTJ Type 8 brother who's become much more altruistic and loving than most men I've ever known [integrated to Type 2].
    And on the other hand there's this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    I'll name one very obvious example of the Heart triad at its best: Mother Theresa, the quintessential 2w1.
    And there's nothing in between. Judging by what people on this forum have said, 2s can either be Mother Theresa, or manipulative douche bags.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

  8. #8
    Senior Member acronach's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp
    Posts
    306

    Default

    *smells controvercy*

    2s I (mostly) am a fan of. The martyrdom is annoying, but other than that, they're cool people. In group projects though, 2s are invaluable. They pretty much act as a sponge for everyone's ideas when people start blasting their own opinions and ignoring everyone else, then they just tie it all together into something epic.

    3s can be cool, and I am friends with some 3s IRL, but you have to kind of walk on thin ice with them. If anything you say can be twisted around in their mind to remotely signify disrespect from you, you're in trouble.

    4s are personally my favorite of the heart types. When they're unhealthy, the ego issues can get mildly annoying, but I find that they're generally easy to talk to. As a general rule though, never ignore anything a 4 has to say when it's about something emotional, even if its small and you don't see any sense in it, take it seriously.
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

    Like a Baws

    Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

  9. #9
    Senior Member acronach's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp
    Posts
    306

    Default

    @Haven

    i've seen both of these IRL lol
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

    Like a Baws

    Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

  10. #10
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acronach View Post
    *smells controvercy*
    2s I (mostly) am a fan of. The martyrdom is annoying,
    true dat. what's worse is the all the expectation that comes with it. I despise expectation placed upon me without my consent

    but other than that, they're cool people. In group projects though, 2s are invaluable. They pretty much act as a sponge for everyone's ideas when people start blasting their own opinions and ignoring everyone else, then they just tie it all together into something epic.
    this is a good point

    3s can be cool, and I am friends with some 3s IRL, but you have to kind of walk on thin ice with them. If anything you say can be twisted around in their mind to remotely signify disrespect from you, you're in trouble.
    in that case, you were likely dealing with a 4 or a 6. when you hit a 3's soft spot, you're likely not to notice for awhile. 3s tend to deny when they've been emotionally hurt or rejected (and they tend to be good at it. after all, what would people think if they got defensive? that wouldn't help their image lol). my least favorite thing about 3s is the way they try to one up you and try to make everything a competition, as, 90% of the time, I just want to relax and not compete over things. I tend to dislike 3w2s because they often come across as fake and insincere, but 3w4 is my favorite heart center type because they generally keep their insecurities and emotional volatility to themselves. granted, their internal struggles are just as pathetic as the other eight types (all of the enneagram types are pathetic. this is a fact people studying the enneagram need to understand to fully embrace it's benefits) but as I'm not being inconvenienced by them, they don't bother me.

    4s are personally my favorite of the heart types. When they're unhealthy, the ego issues can get mildly annoying, but I find that they're generally easy to talk to. As a general rule though, never ignore anything a 4 has to say when it's about something emotional, even if its small and you don't see any sense in it, take it seriously.
    this is why I dislike non integrated 4s. they don't take responsibility for their feelings or the impact it has on other people, instead preferring to put the blame on you or throw a hissy fit when you don't feel the same way about things as you do. I don't mind emotional people as long as they have self control, but when that turns into them getting pissed at me for not feeling the same way about something? uh-uh. you are the weakest link. goodbye

    overall, given I don't think my views on the matter are all that rare, I can see the point of this thread (though, I stress again, all the enneagram types are pathetic. they really should call it the reality-bitch-slap-o-gram, because, in my opinion, that's what it's main purpose is lol)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Similar Threads

  1. Nanny Government At It's Best - Banning Sledding
    By Hard in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2015, 10:29 AM
  2. [Other] The NT Rationale... efficiency at its best
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 09:23 PM
  3. Notes about each type V1.0 (and entry for best typist contest while I'm at it)
    By zago in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-03-2013, 06:10 PM
  4. Fe at it's best
    By Elfboy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 10:25 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 07:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO