User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have You Been In Serious Denial About Being A 6?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I'm a 6w7 and an NF

3 20.00%
  • No - I'm a 6w7 and an NT

0 0%
  • No - I'm a 6w7 and an SP

0 0%
  • No - I'm a 6w7 and an SJ

0 0%
  • Yes - I'm a 6w7 and an NF

4 26.67%
  • Yes - I'm a 6w7 and an NT

0 0%
  • Yes - I'm a 6w7 and an SP

0 0%
  • Yes - I'm a 6w7 and an SJ

0 0%
  • No - I'm a 6w5 and an NF

4 26.67%
  • No - I'm a 6w5 and an NT

3 20.00%
  • No - I'm a 6w5 and an SP

1 6.67%
  • No - I'm a 6w5 and an SJ

0 0%
  • Yes - I'm a 6w5 and an NF

0 0%
  • Yes - I'm a 6w5 and an NT

0 0%
  • Yes - I'm a 6w5 and an SP

0 0%
  • Yes - I'm a 6w5 and an SJ

0 0%
12 Last

MBTI
    ARGH
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    BLAh

Default Type 6 - Have You Been In Serious Denial?

My assumption is that 6w7s who're not SJs usually go through a long stage of serious denial of their true type because they just can't relate to the descriptions ect.

6w5s and 6w7s who're SJs on the other hand are much more likely to be able to relate to type 6 descriptions and accept 6 as their type - which doesn't mean they cannot question being a 6 after finding out. But they usually don't go through that stage of serious denial.

I'd like to find out if I'm correct in my assumption.
    Last edited by Patches; 07-06-2012 at 05:21 AM.

6w7(sw7w8) 9w1(sw1w2) 2w3(sw1w2)
    sp/sx ascetic

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Bastard View Post
    My assumption is that 6w7s who're not SJs usually go through a long stage of serious denial of their true type because they just can't relate to the descriptions ect.

6w5s and 6w7s who're SJs on the other hand are much more likely to be able to relate to type 6 descriptions and accept 6 as their type - which doesn't mean they cannot question being a 6 after finding out. But they usually don't go through that stage of serious denial.

I'd like to find out if I'm correct in my assumption.
    No denial, but it did take me a long time to figure it out. I kept coming up with 8s when I took the tests.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ARGH
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    BLAh

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    No denial, but it did take me a long time to figure it out. I kept coming up with 8s when I tool the tests.
    \
    Haha... yeah... no wonder looking at your tritype.

I still keep coming out as a strong 4 on tests even though I know perfectly well that I'm not and I answer all questions in all honesty. I had a hard time finding out and accepting I'm not a 4 and that I don't even have it in my tritype. Ooooh... did I feel misunderstood by people who tried to type me!

sp/sx ascetic

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

I was convinced I was a 4w5 for about a year, but after learning about the true motivations in the enneagram, I realized that 6 far more accurately explains who I am and have always been. I also have a theory that counter-phobic type 6s tend not to recognize themselves as such.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    ARGH
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    BLAh

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    I also have a theory that counter-phobic type 6s tend not to recognize themselves as such.
    Yeah, true. They often seem to think they're 8s.

When I read what you said I thought that I should have included it. But maybe this while thing would have become to complex...

But somehow I think that phobia/counterphobia as such is already influenced by other things like tritype and instinct...though considering my full Etype I should be 100% phobic. But then again, I tend to vaccilate quite a lot between being phobic and being counter-phobic. So I personally haven't been able to observe a reliable pattern yet that would make it possible for me to make a poll about it.

sp/sx ascetic

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Bastard View Post
    Yeah, true. They often seem to think they're 8s.

When I read what you said I thought that I should have included it. But maybe this while thing would have become to complex...

But somehow I think that phobia/counterphobia as such is already influenced by other things like tritype and instinct...though considering my full Etype I should be 100% phobic. But then again, I tend to vaccilate quite a lot between being phobic and being counter-phobic. So I personally haven't been able to observe a reliable pattern yet that would make it possible for me to make a poll about it.
    Honestly, it's my experience that phobic/counter-phobic relies on whether or not your primary judging function is introverted or extraverted. Fi and Ti tend to be counter-phobic, and the opposite goes for Fe and Te. Just speaking in generalities.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Ni would seem to prohibit 100% phobia.

I wouldn't say I was in denial, because I don't think I was (sub)consciously trying to avoid being a 6, but I do think I genuinely didn't relate to 6 descriptions for a long time. I was stuck between 4w3 and 3w4 for a long time, having always tested as 7w6 but recognizing that I was not a 7. I just passed over 6 because it really didn't sound like me.

I would say that I am a fairly balanced phobic-counterphobic split. I was quite phobic as a child (with bouts of counterphobia, of course) and quite counterphobic during my teenage years, and I seem to have settled a bit since then.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Not really. I'm not into Enneagram very much. I just took the test, read a description and agreed for the most part. I'm man enough to own up to my shortcomings.

For me it was the other way round. I was so sure and arrogant I was a Type 6 that I over-looked the fact that I could be another type because I was too busy deceiving myself and others that I was a Type 6

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think there was some denial but not SERIOUS denial. It was something like "uhhh...I'm not a 4? And I'm an INFJ? Really? Uh oh. It's sounding more and more like I'm a 6, and that seems to have negative connotations." Then, on looking into it further, I gradually came round to it because...it just fit. The way INFJ and type 6 dovetail just fits me really, really well.

Some of the 6 descriptions, and the general view of 6s, can be quite negative, and that doesn't help. But I'm pretty much settled on it now and it has helped. It explains quite a lot and points to some things I need to work on.

I did waffle between 6 and 9 quite a bit - or, well, most of that time I thought I was probably 6, but seriously considered 9 as well. But increasingly it seems that 6 fits well. So I'm not sure I'd call it denial.

Btw, I doubt that any human being would be completely phobic or completely counter-phobic. It just seems so unbalanced as to be impossible. I would identify mainly as phobic, but I can definitely see the counterphobic, as well. I also find that although 6w5 probably fits me better, I identify a good deal with 6w7, too.

The problem with enneagram, as has been mentioned before, is that the type descriptions can vary so enormously. They vary a bit with MBTI but not so much. But you could get a completely different picture of one type from reading different descriptions. Not sure if that's down to instinctual variants, etc or if it's down to flakiness..
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING