Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Really? I'm ESFJ? If I was ESFJ, then I'm pretty damn sure that I wouldn't have been banned from PerC for sexual harassment. I also have never seen an Fe dom, who openly posts sexual humor all the time either. I don't act like a standard ESFJ at all. Also, the fact that you keep picking up the logical inconsistencies of my statements just reinforces my theory that you are actually a mistyped ESFP or ENFP.
    Okay, so I'm an ESFP. Big effing deal. I love Edie Sedgwick and Zelda Fitzgerald, I'd be proud to be one. So anyway...back to you...I never said you were ESFJ, I said it's unhealthy and irrational (mostly irrational) to say you'd kill yourself if you were any type.

Though I agree with you most Fe doms would find sexual harassment entirely inappropriate, including my ex as punk rock as he thinks he is, he'd probably say you were a scumbag.

I think you're some kind of ExxP type. I don't have any investment in typing you though.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Okay, so I'm an ESFP. Big effing deal. I love Edie Sedgwick and Zelda Fitzgerald, I'd be proud to be one. So anyway...back to you...I never said you were ESFJ, I said it's unhealthy and irrational (mostly irrational) to say you'd kill yourself if you were any type.

Though I agree with you most Fe doms would find sexual harassment entirely inappropriate, including my ex as punk rock as he thinks he is, he'd probably say you were a scumbag.

I think you're some kind of ExxP type. I don't have any investment in typing you though.
    The only other type that I could possibly see myself as would be ESTP with a heavy Fe, and Ni. That is highly unlikely though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    The only other type that I could possibly see myself as would be ESTP with a heavy Fe, and Ni. That is highly unlikely though.
    I could see you as ESTP. You're very proud of being vulgar and shocking people, which could be immature Se/Fe.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm a 6w5, and it took me a long time to settle between 6w5 and 5w6. Looking back, I think it's a little silly that I thought I might've been a 5. But I also think there's a lot of bias in favor of the 5 type online. *shrug* Maybe.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I could see you as ESTP. You're very proud of being vulgar and shocking people, which could be immature Se/Fe.
    Or just immature in general.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I'm a 6w5, and it took me a long time to settle between 6w5 and 5w6. Looking back, I think it's a little silly that I thought I might've been a 5. But I also think there's a lot of bias in favor of the 5 type online. *shrug* Maybe.
    I agree that there is bias toward 5 on line. And also 4 and 9.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Definitely took me a while to decide on six, and I would guess indecisiveness plays a role in that. I'm looking forward to seeing what others think as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    I have a friend who tests as a 6, but at first just thought of it as indecisiveness. That could get in the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I have always tested as a six and fit the profile. But I have doubted it a number of times as well. I think sixes often doubt their type, just as we doubt most everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Yeah, indecisiveness and doubting. But on external terms, I think 6 profiles can tend to revolve around the more STJ 6, or the hyper-phobic, 1-like "prussian" 6.
    I'm a 6. I know that for sure though for a year or so, I thought I was an 8. I don't really understand all of this "indecisiveness" talk. I don't think that is the central characteristic of a 6 - to be indecisive.

The reason 6s have a hard time identifying their type is because there are so many conflicting aspects to their personality and because 6 is the most complex Enneagram personality type to comprehend. This statement from Don Riso sums it up.

"They are both strong and weak, fearful and courageous, trusting and distrusting, defenders and provokers, sweet and sour, aggressive and passive, bullies and weaklings, on the defensive and on the offensive, thinkers and doers, group people and soloists, believers and doubters, cooperative and obstructionistic, tender and mean, generous and petty—and on and on. It is the contradictory picture that is the characteristic “fingerprint” of Sixes, the fact that they are a bundle of opposites."

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

The only thing I can't see with ESTP is that my Ne is hella strong, I have almost no awareness of my outer surroundings, and I am very future oriented. I once made a thread about this on PerC and @khys amongst many other SP's told me point blank that I am not an SP.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I had the same typing problem as many of the non SJ posters here do. The commonly established e6 manifestations (are they even common?) are more often than not, not the ways it works for me. But the motivation and fear is there, with traces of e3 motivations and fears as well. I now have a whole new appreciation for the subtleties of fixation, and (for me) the 6's fixation was not very obvious because much like ones dominant cognitive function I kept looking for it through the filter, not realizing it IS the filter. Moving outside of that is incredibly difficult, requires tremendous self awareness and the ability to, with clarity, set some type of external reference to compare to. Anyhow, before I started to seriously entertain the 6 typing I did see patterns with it.. and some of those would be

-inability to test because I am not set in one behavior, moving from phobic to CP and the dependence on outside circumstance led me to be both sides of the test questions, often.
    -loyalty, questioning, anxiety and inability to let relations end when they should became such a backdrop that I could not see how marked they were in my personality
    -Issues with anxiety and over thinking as opposed to depression and emotional saturation.
    -A strong fear of being alone or lacking support and guidance.
    -A desire to balance my self-doubt and the doubt of others. Interestingly, I will always ask for input on life choices but never blindly take it. I seem to get the information from others, just to be sure that all bases (ones that I've possibly missed) are covered, then undergo a grueling assessment of mixed advice and self understanding. I'm sure it irritates the shit out of people ;P Decisions are never clear and obvious, each decision must capture endless possibilities and a full work through of these, a fine-tuned assessment of each. Ass-backwardly the truth usually presents itself through complexity, not simplicity for me.
    -Issues with authority (despite having countless run-ins with authority) I did not perceive myself as having an issue. This is because I have operated CP for so long, confronting any issue and finding closure, that to me, it was my phobic, passive-aggressive friends that really lived with authoritative fear. I didn't realize that fear is fear regardless of how its responded to.

edit: for w7's that often go CP, that proverbial 6 scrip can *seem* to go right to hell. I am really beginning to hate descriptions, lol.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'm a 6. I know that for sure though for a year or so, I thought I was an 8. I don't really understand all of this "indecisiveness" talk. I don't think that is the central characteristic of a 6 - to be indecisive.
    I don't know if it's a central characteristic, but I think the reason many 6s say they're indecisive is because of self-doubt. I wonder if there's a difference in seeing a lot of self-doubt between phobic and counterphobic 6s (I don't know whether most of the people in this thread are more phobic or counterphobic; that's just something I'm throwing out as a possibility)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .
    Likes Patrick liked this post