12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default I'm 1w9, is this right?

I took the Eclectec Energies free enneatype quiz and I got this:

You are most likely a type 1 or 6.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 1w9 or 6w5 or 6w7.

It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.

Type 1 - 7
    Type 6 - 7
    Type 4 - 6.7
    Type 5 - 6.3
    Type 9 - 6
    Type 7 - 6
    Type 3 - 5.7
    Type 8 - 5
    Type 2 - 3.7
    I just kind of assumed I was a 7 type, like a lot of ENFPs, even though I never related to the developmental descriptions. Then I posted this in my blog:

My subconscious doesn't talk to me a lot, but I've got the little bastard figured out. I've rearranged my lfe so I could focus on important things because with all the bills for medical and other things coming through, I won't be able to afford anything else.

The question remains as to why my subconscious arranges these subterfuges, to make me think that I'm doing this all because it's what I really want to do? Why don't I catch onto this stuff right away? I think it may have to do with supposedly being Ennneagram 7. I don't understand that stuff properly, but I think I'm onto something.
    And @CzeCze suggested that I could be a 1 because apparently we have the habit of having to justify and rationalize our gut feelings. I strongly relate to the developmental descriptions. And I am always striving for betterment in myself, and am always dissapointed at what I achieve, even if it is passible. But isn't 1w9 and ENFP an unlikely combo?

I tend to to be a lot more paranoid than other ENFPs, thus the strong 6 slant there. But it's not so much that I'm afraid of danger, I just like to notice it coming. For instance, I'm always scanning for trolls and spammers here. I don't think 6 is right for me.

I don't even know what question to ask myself. I'm distrustful of my test results, I have a tendency to be able to 'lead' a test to where I want it to go. Where should I start verifying this? Anybody have any ideas as to my Enneatype? Any questions I can answer to help?
    Last edited by Patches; 07-06-2012 at 05:03 AM.

MBTI
    GONE

Waiting for @Elfboy to weigh in.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Well, I've only ever seen you drunk, and you didn't give off 1 vibe there.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I don't even know what question to ask myself. I'm distrustful of my test results, I have a tendency to be able to 'lead' a test to where I want it to go. Where should I start verifying this? Anybody have any ideas as to my Enneatype? Any questions I can answer to help?
    Test can be bad, and answers can be easily influenced so they are a fun thing to do, and can offer some suggestions, that's all.

This is one place to start, looking at how the motivations shift under stress can help when trying to see where you fit.

Otherwise the questions that are relevant are things like:

What is your relationship with shame, anxiety and anger?
    How do you react when stressed?
    What motivates you?
    What do you fear? Not as in phobias more personal than that.
    How do you react to conflict?
    What's your relationship like with responsibility?
    What's your relationship like in regards to trusting people?
    How do you tend to react to those in authority?
    What is your outlook on life?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Test can be bad, and answers can be easily influenced so they are a fun thing to do, and can offer some suggestions, that's all.

This is one place to start, looking at how the motivations shift under stress can help when trying to see where you fit.

Otherwise the questions that are relevant are things like:

What motivates you?
    What's your relationship like with trust?
    How do you react to those in authority?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Qlip
    honestly, I don't think so, though it might be your gut fix.
    PS: have you considered 3w4? the 1-ish struggles you describe apply equally to 3s (and you don't seem like a 3w2). this is not a definitive typing, or even a guess, just thought I'd throw the option out there

so far, if I had to guess, I'd say you're some sort of 1w9-6w7-3w4 trifix in some order.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

I think this gives a good impression of the speaking and thinking styles of the types:

TYPE 1: SERMONS/PREACH & TEACH
    Teaching, preaching, finding fault, admonishing, correcting, reminding of obligations
    Self-talk: ‘That’s not right’

TYPE 6: CAUTIONS/CAVEATS/SETTING LIMITS
    Questions, warnings, second-guessing, trouble-shooting, worst-case scenarios, defending / testing
    Self-talk: ‘But what if …’

TYPE 7: ANECDOTES/BRAINSTORMING/STORYTELLING
    Joking, laughing, story-telling, entertaining, shifting gears, changing venues, sampling, imagining, checking out, moving on
    Self-talk: ‘On a lighter note’
    And @CzeCze suggested that I could be a 1 because apparently we have the habit of having to justify and rationalize our gut feelings. I strongly relate to the developmental descriptions. And I am always striving for betterment in myself, and am always dissapointed at what I achieve, even if it is passible. But isn't 1w9 and ENFP an unlikely combo?
    Perfectionism is a type 1 trait, but it's also a very common trait in many types. Having been raised by a 1w9 parent, I can tell you that 1's are not only looking for self-improvement, but other-improvement as well. They have high expectations for themselves and others, and they want people to handle issues the proper way so that things get done right. Also, keep in mind that 7's disintegrate to 1.

I tend to to be a lot more paranoid than other ENFPs, thus the strong 6 slant there. But it's not so much that I'm afraid of danger, I just like to notice it coming. For instance, I'm always scanning for trolls and spammers here. I don't think 6 is right for me.

I wouldn't rule out 6 just yet. Your attention goes to scanning the environment for possible dangers--which sounds very much like type 6. I've read that sometimes the fear/anxiety is subconscious, which I think is why a lot of sixes mistype.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Wow.. I've got time to answer this. Okay.. my first impulse is that I want to read the profiles on 3 and 6's, but first I'm going to type some answers to your guy's questions so I can have some uninfluenced data on my mind. @Elfboy I'll check out the 3w4 profile first.

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Well, I've only ever seen you drunk, and you didn't give off 1 vibe there.
    How is a 1 supposed to act when they're drunk? When I get drunk, I get mostly amused by myself behaving differently.. so I let out slack on my leash, but I'm always checking myself.

Okay.. I'll give Kasper's questions a try:

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post

What motivates you?
    What's your relationship like in regards to trusting people?
    How do you tend to react to those in authority?
    Umm.. I'm not prone to shame. But when I was young, say around 13, I would beat myself up about everything, to the point where it was unhealthy enough that I decided to cut myself some slack. I still have a voice in my head of should and should nots always going, but I often choose to ignore it. I only rarely get angry. And I get anxious when I'm in situations where I'm expecting more from myself than I'm sure that I can deliver.

As for motivation, that's a good question. I guess I'm looking for new experiences and to deepen my understanding of pretty much everything. Anything resembling perfectionism happens when I pick up a project under this motivation. Then things need to be 'right' before I drop it. Nothing else matters, except when I hit the brick wall hard enough.

I'm afraid that I'll tell you what I'm afraid of and you'll use it against me. I'm afraid of being rejected for a misunderstanding, but not being rejected for an understanding of who I am. I'm afraid loosing control of anything to the point where I can't get it back to where I want it, this is strange because I often make that happen. A little switch flips, and I say "oh, what the hell".

Responsibility is a pain in the ass if I didn't take it on myself, and then it's a burden, even it it mostly involves something I like. If it is a personal responsibility to help somebody get to a better place, and I like the person, then it's not a burden at all.

And as for trust. I don't trust people.. or mistrust them to do anything other than the types of things specific people do. If somebody makes me a promise and I don't know them well.. I use this as a test to see what it means to them to make a promise and adjust my understanding accordingly. If somebody 'fails' me, I mostly feel like I misunderstood the person.

I am wary of authority.

Uh, what is my outlook on life? This is the freeform essay portion, right? Uhh.. I don't know how to answer this. I want something amazing in my life. I want to be involved in something that becomes greater than the actions of just in it. I feel like that if I find my grove then I'll be happy. If I find those things that are effortless to do and that somehow create something great.. add something to the universe, then I've found that's worth doing. But, I also understand the paradox that effortless action is not really effortless at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Silveresque View Post
    I think this gives a good impression of the speaking and thinking styles of the types:

Perfectionism is a type 1 trait, but it's also a very common trait in many types. Having been raised by a 1w9 parent, I can tell you that 1's are not only looking for self-improvement, but other-improvement as well. They have high expectations for themselves and others, and they want people to handle issues the proper way so that things get done right. Also, keep in mind that 7's disintegrate to 1.

I wouldn't rule out 6 just yet. Your attention goes to scanning the environment for possible dangers--which sounds very much like type 6. I've read that sometimes the fear/anxiety is subconscious, which I think is why a lot of sixes mistype.
    Very good info here, I'll check out the video later. 7's disintegrate into 1's? Hmm.. that's worth checking out. One little data point I was using for being a 1 is that up until I matured as an adult.. I was incredibly preachy. I grew up telling people who they should be, all in the name of God, of course. And even when I lost religion, I got worse. I got angry at people, including my wife at the time, for not caring as much as I did about metaphysical questions. I'd get angry about them not being willing to ask the 'right' questions, my questions, of course.

Okay.. I'll think about this stuff some more and do some research. I'm still unsure how the Enneagram and MBTI intersect. I'll figure this stuff out.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

How do you do the thing were it takes wings into account?

I did a quiz and got 1 with SP, I got 3 and 8 as runners up and it said that the top three were likely to contain a true reflection of you personality. I've got that result before, I think it was more than ten years ago that I did an enneagram quiz, a hard copy one from a book and it hasnt changed since then. Its something I'm sure about because I dont see myself as a reformer or particularly as a challenger either.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    How do you do the thing were it takes wings into account?
    I did a quiz and got 1 with SP, I got 3 and 8 as runners up and it said that the top three were likely to contain a true reflection of you personality. I've got that result before, I think it was more than ten years ago that I did an enneagram quiz, a hard copy one from a book and it hasnt changed since then. Its something I'm sure about because I dont see myself as a reformer or particularly as a challenger either.
    you are 110% Enneagram 1

probably 1w2 So/Sp
    if you do tritypes (though you may want to save that for after your main type is figured out) I think it is 1w2>6w5>3w4
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire