User Tag List

First 12

Qlip, you sound like a 6 to me. A lot of your issues seem to revolve around anxiety, mistrust, and keeping yourself safe.

Maybe this will help:

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Well are you trying to reform your type? That would be something one's might attempt.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Average Health Levels

1:
    Level 5: Afraid of making a mistake: everything must be consistent with their ideals. Become orderly and well-organized, but impersonal, puritanical, emotionally constricted, rigidly keeping their feelings and impulses in check. Often workaholics—"anal-compulsive," punctual, pedantic, and fastidious.

Level 6: Highly critical both of self and others: picky, judgmental, perfectionistic. Very opinionated about everything: correcting people and badgering them to "do the right thing"—as they see it. Impatient, never satisfied with anything unless it is done according to their prescriptions. Moralizing, scolding, abrasive, and indignantly angry.
    6:
    Level 5: To resist having more demands made on them, they react against others passive-aggressively. Become evasive, indecisive, cautious, procrastinating, and ambivalent. Are highly reactive, anxious, and negative, giving contradictory, "mixed signals." Internal confusion makes them react unpredictably.

Level 6: To compensate for insecurities, they become sarcastic and belligerent, blaming others for their problems, taking a tough stance toward "outsiders." Highly reactive and defensive, dividing people into friends and enemies, while looking for threats to their own security. Authoritarian while fearful of authority, highly suspicious, yet, conspiratorial, and fear-instilling to silence their own fears.
    7:
    Level 5: Unable to discriminate what they really need, become hyperactive, unable to say "no" to themselves, throwing self into constant activity. Uninhibited, doing and saying whatever comes to mind: storytelling, flamboyant exaggerations, witty wise-cracking, performing. Fear being bored: in perpetual motion, but do too many things—many ideas but little follow through.

Level 6: Get into conspicuous consumption and all forms of excess. Self-centered, materialistic, and greedy, never feeling that they have enough. Demanding and pushy, yet unsatisfied and jaded. Addictive, hardened, and insensitive.
    What does your inner A-Hole look like? (Rhetorical Question)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Okay.. I think I'm probably a 6, probably counterphobic. The part of the description that I was having problems with were the ones about having to rely on structure or an authority figure for approval. Examining myself, this is probably true.. but it's something that I wasn't too happy on identifying, since ultimately I feel like those things I relied on in the past have failed me. And now I feel like looking for authoratative approval is a weakness.

I've gone to some place that 6's go to when they don't feel that there is a such thing as a real authority, but still need one. Basically I've transferred my idea of authority into something very esoteric, very abstract and very rarified.

EDIT: Concerning counterphobia.. I've always sought out what I feared. I was afraid of heights, I climbed trees. I was afraid of public speaking, I took debate class. I was afraid of physical confrontation, I took martial arts classess. I'm afraid of become a washout, I'm slumming it. Lol.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Silveresque View Post
    Maybe this will help:
    That's an interesting image, are there more like those for other enneagram types?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    That's an interesting image, are there more like those for other enneagram types?
    Yes, there's a page for every type except 9. Just google search "enneagram misidentifications" to find them. Here's the one for type 5: Type 5 Misidentifications - Blogspot

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Silveresque View Post
    Yes, there's a page for every type except 9. Just google search "enneagram misidentifications" to find them. Here's the one for type 5: Type 5 Misidentifications - Blogspot
    Niiice, if I had seen the 5 and 9 when I tried to find my enneagram the first time (which also says many nines mistype as fives) I would have known my enneagram much earlier. As I thought I was five for the longest tme, but reading that makes it pretty obvious I'm 9. :P

Although if I'd look at the "8 and 1" misidentification chart, I'd say I'd relate more to 1's side of the spectrum. But I guess it doesn't work like that with wings. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf