User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default A Question for Ones

I don't really care for many of the descriptions of the 1w9. They make the 1w9 sound like some emotionless robot who expresses little or nothing. Yet the 1w2 seems more dynamic.

Does anyone else feel this way?
    Last edited by Patches; 07-06-2012 at 05:19 AM.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Yes, because it is true. 1w9 has the detachment of 9s, while 1w2 has the engagement of 2s.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    IsFJ

The 1's vice is wrath, paradoxically concealed by hir concern with stability and self-control. ("I'm not angry, I'm just trying to do it right!")
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Enneagram descriptions usually aren't very flattering. I identify most with 1w9 and find the descriptions pretty accurate regarding emotion (or lack thereof).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I think in terms of affect or outward appearance, they're more or less accurate. But in terms of inward feelings, they're almost completely silent. I wager that many 1w9's struggle with roughly the same emotions that other types do, but they prevent themselves from expressing them for fear of seeming out of control. I know that's the case for me.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

As a 1w2 I really can't say how good or accurate the 1w9 descriptions are.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    I don't really care for many of the descriptions of the 1w9. They make the 1w9 sound like some emotionless robot who expresses little or nothing. Yet the 1w2 seems more dynamic.

Does anyone else feel this way?
    They're only emotionless compared to the significantly more volatile 1w2s. My roommate all of last year was an INTJ 1w9 and she was MUCH better at holding in anger than I was (as an ESTJ 1w2). It helps that 1w9s are generally introverts, while 1w2s can go either way.

And from my experience with my roommate last year, I can say that when we each let out our anger, it took very different forms -- though I'm sure the emotion behind it was equally strong with each of us. With me, it would be an extremely harsh self-imposed guilt trip, often out loud, and sometimes with tears: "There were all these things I could have done to make everything work out, but I had to be a stupid, irrational idiot and choose the worst possible option. Someone needs to lock me in a room and keep me from making any important decision ever again." The repressed anger was tinted with 2 guilt, and was aimed at myself.

Whereas, with my roommate, her anger outbursts would be cold, almost lecture-like rants at the system as a whole: "This person is against me. Everyone is against me. The entire system is designed to make this happen every single time. It's all hopeless. Fuck the world, fuck the system, I'm moving to the wilderness and becoming a hermit." The repressed anger was tinted with the 9 urge to be as neutral and detached as possible.

I don't know how much this reflects other 1w9s.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    They're only emotionless compared to the significantly more volatile 1w2s. My roommate all of last year was an INTJ 1w9 and she was MUCH better at holding in anger than I was (as an ESTJ 1w2). It helps that 1w9s are generally introverts, while 1w2s can go either way.

And from my experience with my roommate last year, I can say that when we each let out our anger, it took very different forms -- though I'm sure the emotion behind it was equally strong with each of us. With me, it would be an extremely harsh self-imposed guilt trip, often out loud, and sometimes with tears: "There were all these things I could have done to make everything work out, but I had to be a stupid, irrational idiot and choose the worst possible option. Someone needs to lock me in a room and keep me from making any important decision ever again." The repressed anger was tinted with 2 guilt, and was aimed at myself.

Whereas, with my roommate, her anger outbursts would be cold, almost lecture-like rants at the system as a whole: "This person is against me. Everyone is against me. The entire system is designed to make this happen every single time. It's all hopeless. Fuck the world, fuck the system, I'm moving to the wilderness and becoming a hermit." The repressed anger was tinted with the 9 urge to be as neutral and detached as possible.

I've had outbursts of both varieties.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    I've had outbursts of both varieties.
    Oh. That makes sense, in retrospect. I've seen INFJs of all Enneagram types react to things like my 1w9 description. Maybe it's the Ni?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

I've had outbursts of both types though for different reasons. The former is my response to a project gone awfully wrong, the latter is failure to understand I've been emotionally wounded.