User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

After thinking about it, 1w9 definitely fits better than 1w2. Most people never know how emotional I really am.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

I was raised with the understanding that "When you get angry or over the top intense, others tune you out and you lose." We all choose how to manifest our emotions. With age, anger was replaced by determination, frustration was replaced with self-control, outrage yielded to justice, fear/fighting yielded to love of learning and appreciation of the process.

I am hardly emotionless. But I consistently place my feelings under reason, which on rare occasions give others the faulty impression of emotionless.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Working On It View Post
    I was raised with the understanding that "When you get angry or over the top intense, others tune you out and you lose."
    Me too. I relate to this a lot, as well as the rest of your post -- although you sound more self-controlled than me, which seems to be a pretty common One extrovert/introvert difference.

I was also raised around the idea that if you vent your frustration about things all the time, no one trusts you or your feelings, i.e. you start to seem dramatic and no one feels like they can trust you to deliver the objective facts of the situation. As a result, when I do vent about things, it's either for humor, or I try to vent in as detailed a manner as possible, and in the form of a question ("what do I do??").
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

I am also fortunate that my work speaks volumes about how I feel. There is a physical intensity that is needed to complete each task. Others can easily see the passion and care I have for them throughout the process. I don't have to find the right words. I don't have to rant, cry, or emotionally emote. I just have to work. The work says it all.

ReflecTcelfeR

As a 1w9 I do find myself to repressing them, of course some wing 2 descriptions make 1's to look somewhat tyrannical. It is just a switch in locus of control.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    471 sx/sp

I think 1w9s are more introverted (not really in the MBTI sense) and so they have very rich inner worlds.