User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Wow, this thread is so suprising to me. Some 4's may be wimps, but most 4's I believe are not.

I'm a 4w5 sx/sp, I am quite emotional but I choose how and when to express it externally. We are a reactive type because of our intense emotions-- emotional is not always a sappy thing. Also, does it not take courage to express one'self creatively and embrace vulnerability? Another reason I believe 4's are not wimps is because we accept our flaws readily-- we almost revel in them in a "beauty from ashes" type of way. Personally, that's why I feel fearless and tend to be assertive (what can harm me if my flaws are already exposed and known)?

Besides, I was recently awarded the supurlative: Most Likely To Be In Charge Of Power Tools (wimp? Ha.)

I should say though, I'm a pretty healthy 4w5 that integrates to 1 alot (when I took my test, 1 was my second highest score).
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

here is the E4 wimp scale in order from badass to wimp.

ENFJ > INFJ > ESFP > ISFJ > ISFP > ENFP > INFP

For example:
    Marylin Manson vs Virginia Wolf

One is an angry superstar with a hard rock cult following, the other killed herself because she was forever alone.

Betas! *fist bumps random person*

Just yesterday I had an INFJ 4 tell me I'm a "ball sucker" to which I told her I was going to beat her to death with her uggs. She responded by punching me in the stomach and giggling. Needless to say I'm in love.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    here is the E4 wimp scale in order from badass to wimp.

ENFJ > INFJ > ESFP > ISFJ > ISFP > ENFP > INFP
    That scale is backwards...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Sy_ View Post
    That scale is backwards...
    No. You're virginia wolf and you should be slitting your wrists.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

No. You're virginia wolf and you should be slitting your wrists.
    No and no...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Your wrists aint gonna slit themselves

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

It's not how sensitive you are that makes you wussy or not; it's how you use that sensitivity. No one will call your strength into question when you use those feelings to probe and understand what others fear rather than use them to manipulate others in a self-contained way. That's what I've learned through both being a 4 and learning from an elderly 4.

Your wrists aint gonna slit themselves
    Self-slitting wrists: that sounds like a product sold in the worst shop in Diagon Alley. $_$
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Oh, one of these threads. Well, I guess this is as good a place as any to start.

Basically, this is the reason I thought I couldn't be a 4 and why I spent years rationalizing it away. "I'm not a hypersensitive artistic wuss, therefore I cannot be a 4". Sad but true. Didn't help that my sister and cousin (both verifiable 4s) are both head-cases who define themselves as "wimps". I typed a lot of other ways to avoid it, but I'm cool with it now. Fours aren't wusses.

But yeah...as a 4 with a prominent 8-fix, I share the sentiments in the OP. I even took the time to compile a short list of non-wimp 4s:

- Yukio Mishima, famed writer. Sx/soc 4w5. The first one who comes to mind. Managed his own affairs, was highly disciplined, formed an army, and publically disemboweled himself to make a statement against contemporary mores in Japan. You know the kind of fortitude it would take to disembowel yourself? I would never call that man a wimp.
    - Chief Crazy Horse. Based on what I've read of his life, he appears to have been a sp/sx 4w5. He was a sensitive contemplative as well as being a pretty ferocious warrior. Excruciatingly shy, he nonetheless led his people until he was betrayed and killed. Pretty heroic if you ask me.
    - Lawrence of Arabia. Soc 4w3. Fought for the Arabs during WWI and led troops into battle. With enormous competency and intellect, he mastered the dynamics of the region and lobbied on behalf of the Arabs (all his suggestions were ignored). He was no wuss.
    - Hitler, if you believe the theory that he was a sx4. Having given a thorough review to his life, I'd say it was *very* possible. 6w5 is not right; nor is 8. Say what you want about Hitler, but he wasn't very wimpy--he took charge.
    - Fictionally, possibly Kikuchiyo in The Seven Samurai (1950). Maybe 4w3 sx/soc, triple reactive. Feel free to argue with me on that one. I don't know what he was, but he was very hypersensitive, held onto a lot of childhood pain, and lived in a constant state of shame about his social status. He also slayed ass, fought like a wild dog, and died as a hero. He evolved himself into a better version of himself.
    - Me--I've survived things that would have felled lesser sorts, and today I alone am in charge of my life and focused on building a better future. I certainly still have bouts of self-pity and all...but I spend most of my days functioning as a responsible citizen and planning to do something great with my life. Feel free to PM me about it. (I can be an impossible diva, though, lol).

Not all 4s are big on crying publicly (me, for instance--I am easily moved, but extremely hesitant to show that side of myself to others), and not all 4s resort to tears as a default response. Naranjo's buzzwords for sp-4s are "dauntless" and "tenacious"--doesn't sound very wimpy to me. Being "sensitive" doesn't always equate to "poor little me, I need a savior"--it can also be an ability to feel the nuances and distinguish things that others might miss. Pretty cool, huh? Being "sensitive" is a strength (and yes, I need to remind myself of this as well, because the fact that everyone thinks I'm "sensitive" is one reason I hate myself sometimes. Damn 8-fix). Nothing about 4 has to equate to "wuss".

"Over-sensitive wusses" is relative. Whilst I won't excuse over-sensitive I will say that not all battles are best fought. Many wusses with the right interjection of opportunism or ingenuity can best their opposition in the long run without lifting a finger.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    It's not how sensitive you are that makes you wussy or not; it's how you use that sensitivity. No one will call your strength into question when you use those feelings to probe and understand what others fear rather than use them to manipulate others in a self-contained way. That's what I've learned through both being a 4 and learning from an elderly 4.
    This.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”