• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 2] Any 2's out there?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah, :thinking: doesn't really fit, huh. Someone read it to me from a book, and it really fit. And how it goes to 8 under pressure. Seemed to fit better than the 4 and stuff. Don't know which book it was, but it designated the types into sx/sp/so.

Zara says I'm a 6. But I read it, and it doesn't jive too well.

2s go to 8 when their efforts to help others or otherwise prove themselves go unappreciated. They then stop the nice-guy/girl attitude because being nice never got them anything anyway.

anyone know what mbti type 2w3 tends to be?

I think its mostly ExFx

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
2s go to 8 when their efforts to help others or otherwise prove themselves go unappreciated. They then stop the nice-guy/girl attitude because being nice never got them anything anyway.

hahaha very true, if i see someone is still not getting the help they need and my efforts are not working then i go 8.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol. Not me. It sounds waaayyy too extraverted. http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typeseven.asp

Maybe I'm a sexual 2. I want people to be the best they can be, and I'm sensitive to how this affects society at large (so). But I lack that sympathy thing, like I don't feel it, or feel drawn into it. I think that's where my Te-ness kicks in maybe. ?
Sounds unlikely. I think Starry is right - counterphobic 6.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What does counterphobic mean?

Is that like unhealthy?

Problem is, I trust myself and I'm rarely indecisive. I just trust period. I trust easily. Sounds like a fundamental problem for 6's is lack of trust.

Didn't I hear that 6 can mimic any type? Maybe you are just reading me that way because I'm something else (sorta) and 6 seems like the best fit, accordingly.

And I'm never anxious. And I'm not loyal to a fault. I am loyal to the Truth.

Sorry for any thread derail to the OP. :worthy:

Starry

Is that like unhealthy?:

Yes. Haha...no I'm just kidding. Counterphobia does NOT equal 'mentally unstable' or 'unhealthy'... But what I will say is that I do have a personal belief that it stems from some form of broken-trust early on in life...creating an individual that is less likely to 'submit/back-down' when they feel something is wrong... They are more likely to stand-up for themselves and others and/or what they strongly feel is 'right' or 'true'. <--- Again...let me make this clear that this is merely my opinion with regards to how counterphobia manifests itself in an individual and in no way, shape or form something that I have read or obtained from a credible source. I will also say that I feel xNFJ counterphobic e6s are probably sometimes experienced by others as maybe seeming a little 'unstable'...regardless of how mentally healthy or not healthy they truly are...merely because they are pretty intense. But no...counterphobia does not mean 'unhealthy'.

Problem is, I trust myself and I'm rarely indecisive.

^^spoken like a true counterphobic e6

Anyway...you should start a 'type AGA enneagram thread'. I actually didn't know you were not certain of your e-type. I assumed you knew you were a counterphobic e6.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Lol. Not me. It sounds waaayyy too extraverted. http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typeseven.asp

Maybe I'm a sexual 2. I want people to be the best they can be, and I'm sensitive to how this affects society at large (so). But I lack that sympathy thing, like I don't feel it, or feel drawn into it. I think that's where my Te-ness kicks in maybe. ?

Is that like unhealthy?

Problem is, I trust myself and I'm rarely indecisive. I just trust period. I trust easily. Sounds like a fundamental problem for 6's is lack of trust.

Didn't I hear that 6 can mimic any type? Maybe you are just reading me that way because I'm something else (sorta) and 6 seems like the best fit, accordingly.

And I'm never anxious. And I'm not loyal to a fault. I am loyal to the Truth.

Sorry for any thread derail to the OP. :worthy:

Judging by the things I bolded, you are probably a 1, maybe 1w2, though 1w9 is also possible.

The main difference between 1s and 6s is that 1s have complete confidence in their convictions, while 6s are always questioning.

Starry

Judging by the things I bolded, you are probably a 1, maybe 1w2, though 1w9 is also possible.

The main difference between 1s and 6s is that 1s have complete confidence in their convictions, while 6s are always questioning.

I would be hard-pressed to name an individual on this forum with a more 'questioning-nature' than AGA.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love me some E2's and one of my very best friends (E/ISFJ) is one. I have never understood the online trashing, because it just doesn't stack-up with any of my RL experience. I find e2's incredibley easy to get along with and almost use it as a gage for other people. "OMG he couldn't even get along with (insert e2) at the party - what an intolerant bastard!" hah.

Things I love about e2's
-emotional vulnerability
It actually takes tremendous strength to be emotionally vulnerable, and despite how sensitive 2's are they seem to put themselves out there alot. I've always admired it as it helps me learn how to let me own guard down.
-less proverbial ego issues
I have never had an e2 get pissed off if I do something better, point out a mistake or happen to teach them something. I mean, it's not all that often that I get to exorcize these things anyhow (lol) but when I do 2's always seem receptive to feedback.
- Ability to take great pleasure in pleasing others
Win-win, period. Healthy 2's are not martyrs and doormats.. they are extremly warm, nurturing human-beings, entirely in-control of who they love and how much of themselves they give. I find them powerful and inspiring.

Someone needs to get off their ass and make an e2 fan-club. :whistling: Just sayen.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
anyone know what mbti type 2w3 most commonly tends to be?

Most definitely F-types. My guess is in this particular order:

Most common: ESFJ
Common: ENFJ
Less Common: ISFJ
Between common and rare: INFJ, ESFP, ENFP

Fae

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I'm a 2 with wing 1.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey there. I'm either 2w3 or 9w1.
I used to have it in my profile but I took it down when I started questioning my type.

I actually think you're a 7w6 Sx/Sp. you have this subtle, girly flirtatiousness to you as if you say "come play with me! :D"

PrettyWoman

MBTI Type
E..P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I'm 7 but I also relate to 2. I'm definitely extroverted and optimistic and I like to think I'm pretty nice to have around but eventually I always have to admit I could never be that selfless and helpful all the fucking time. In the end I rather please and stimulate myself than focus on others although believe me I try to let everybody be happy ;)

I have no idea why people wouldn't like 2s just as much as other heart types, they're much more positive than 4s and more friendly and people-oriented than 3s anyway. But that's what I like, maybe other people prefer other things. I could have more 2s around :)

Nicki

Retired
I'm a 3 with a 2 wing and I have a strong 1w2 gut fix so I'm practically a 2.

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a 2w3. Apparently sp/sx as well. >.> I just noticed this stuff today, so I'm not entirely clear on what all of it means. xD

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I think palmer actually said the 9's and 2's are very similar in the fact that they will lose touch with themselves.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think palmer actually said the 9's and 2's are very similar in the fact that they will lose touch with themselves.

Somehow, that doesn't seem surprising. 9 for sure. I can see 2 as well.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Somehow, that doesn't seem surprising. 9 for sure. I can see 2 as well.

Can't a three ALSO lose touch with him/herself? Because they may get lost chasing after things they don't truly care about? For example, say his/her best friend is an artist and maybe for that reason alone they decide to do art too... without questioning if that's what they truly care to do?

Edit:: OH I FORGOT TO ADD I AM IN LOVE WITH A TWO RIGHT NOW (as a friend ...and I am also exaggerating), but still she is an awesome person. I am in a research program for biology right now and even though I act really friendly and carefree I don't truly feel comfortable. But I am happy that my type two buddy will never judge me. <3