• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Type 8's and unhealthy conditioning tests/exercises

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
lmao... Heihachi is a beast... and that HAIR!

My ex complained that I constantly ruined her self esteem, while I felt like I was dragging a dead body with me everywhere. She'd say something like, "You're too good for me" and I'd say, "If you start thinking that, it'll become true." My intention was to make her stand on her own two feet instead of borrow lean against me for support all the time, but the effect was actually counterproductive. It often felt like I was picking up a ragdoll and dropping it limp as it fell to the ground. My current girlfriend owns her own house, has her own job, makes significantly more money than I do, and refuses my help when I offer it. I think I love her.

DJarendee. How did I know that I would see your ass at type C? lol.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I don't test or exercise my family members. My sole effort is dedicated toward getting them to give me space.

But when I have kids, there's all kinds of shit I'm going to do, primarily teaching them how to stand up for themselves, how to actually love another person, and how to have healthy relationships and what it means to live a healthy life.

Throwing my nephews off of cliffs doesn't seem very productive, as fun as it is to think about, haha. I think a lot of those sorts of Heihachi caracitures are just gross misinterpretations of 8's from non-8 perspectives. From my perspective, it often feels like everyone is overreacting to the things I do. If I pick up a chair over my head, walk through 2 desks as if they weren't there, then slam the chair on the ground in front of my desk, the whole situation is often way more controlled than it looks. lmao.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I don't test or exercise my family members. My sole effort is dedicated toward getting them to give me space.

But when I have kids, there's all kinds of shit I'm going to do, primarily teaching them how to stand up for themselves, how to actually love another person, and how to have healthy relationships and what it means to live a healthy life.

Throwing my nephews off of cliffs doesn't seem very productive, as fun as it is to think about, haha. I think a lot of those sorts of Heihachi caracitures are just gross misinterpretations of 8's from non-8 perspectives. From my perspective, it often feels like everyone is overreacting to the things I do. If I pick up a chair over my head, walk through 2 desks as if they weren't there, then slam the chair on the ground in front of my desk, the whole situation is often way more controlled than it looks. lmao.

Another great example of unhealthy 8 conditioning exercises: Remember in "V for Vendetta" when V puts Natalie Portman through the crazy prison camp or whatever and the whole time she really thinks that she is imprisoned but he was behind it all along, and he did it to make her stronger? That's another fine example.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have experienced something similar in a way, yes. I suspect that my stepmother is an 8 (or at least fixed or 1 for gut, could go either way, I need to validate now when I see my parents during Easter) and she had a very rough way of upbringing which included a lot of punishment and force with an overall attitude that I have to deal with the consequences of my actions often taken to the extreme. So if she told me to pick out the laundry and I forgot she'd throw away my clothes and so on. I mean, I can kind of appreciate what she did in a way (although maybe not to such extremes, more like I can appreciate the values she tried to instill) now as a grown-up, but as a teenager I absolutely abhorred her and I wanted her to die.

I think my stepmother is some ESTx type also. I thought she was an ESTJ and she probably is in MBTI but I am uncertain if she truly is an Te dominant type.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
So I've noticed that a lot of type 8's tend to put their siblings/friends/family members through unnecessary "conditioning exercises" because they feel that they will make them stronger. For instance, in Tekken, the character "Heihachi Mishima" threw his son Kazuya off of a ledge because he figured if his son could survive that, then he could survive anything. Also, I have a friend who had an 8 father, and he would be much tougher on his daughter than most fathers would and would literally beat her senseless if she didn't get good grades. So 8's, do you put your loved ones though "conditioning training" to make them stronger/what do you do?

I would not do this, but I certainly do help people to build up their strength. If I feel someone I love is being stepped on, I'll explain to them what I would do in their shoes, or challenge them to figure out why they tolerate it. If someone is afraid to stand up to others, I'll let them practice on me; encourage them to bring all problems and negative feelings to the forefront, and show them that I can take it, as a true friend should. Building up the emotional strength of others, and encouraging their talents, pursuits, and confidence, comes pretty naturally to me, but abusing someone in the name of "helping them" is not a behavior I'm familiar with.