First 123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I was raised by an insane E8 who toughened me up like this. There are bad parts about it, but I actually thank her, I'm pretty strong even compared to my own mother because of it.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I was trying to think of if I do this or not..

I don't generally think people as a whole are very strong anyways. It doesn't really cross my mind to 'condition' them for strength.. I think if I started setting goals like that I'd drive myself insane.

But I do want to see friends and family succeed. I frequently give out strong advice, and I sincerely hope they take it. I am MORE than willing to go out of my way for people I am responsible for if it means they'll get stronger as a result. I don't find either of those things unhealthy though.

I think if I were a parent I would be a lot stricter than most parents.. I'd be very military about it. But I don't really find that unhealthy either. I don't think I'd throw my son off of a cliff.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    N
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Certainly not. I am fiercely protective of my family and friends and would not hurt them like that.
    STOP. LYING. TO. ME.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I can't exactly go out and change the title now can I? Maybe one of the mods could change it for me?
    You can usually change it by going to Edit -> Advanced.

As to the title, my 8w9 coworker absolutely CODDLES her daughter.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    You can usually change it by going to Edit -> Advanced.

As to the title, my 8w9 coworker absolutely CODDLES her daughter.
    Where's that under in the thread I've searched for 5 minutes and can't find it anywhere.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Where's that under in the thread I've searched for 5 minutes and can't find it anywhere.
    Oh, your post is probably too old to change. For maybe a few days or a week after you post, you're able to edit it. Sorry, I didn't take note of the date when I replied. If it's within date, you just do Edit Post -> Go Advanced.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Oh, your post is probably too old to change. For maybe a few days or a week after you post, you're able to edit it. Sorry, I didn't take note of the date when I replied. If it's within date, you just do Edit Post -> Go Advanced.
    Yeah, I posted this shit back in May.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

So I've noticed that a lot of type 8's tend to put their siblings/friends/family members through unnecessary "conditioning exercises" because they feel that they will make them stronger. For instance, in Tekken, the character "Heihachi Mishima" threw his son Kazuya off of a ledge because he figured if his son could survive that, then he could survive anything. Also, I have a friend who had an 8 father, and he would be much tougher on his daughter than most fathers would and would literally beat her senseless if she didn't get good grades. So 8's, do you put your loved ones though "conditioning training" to make them stronger/what do you do?
    lmao... Heihachi is a beast... and that HAIR!

My ex complained that I constantly ruined her self esteem, while I felt like I was dragging a dead body with me everywhere. She'd say something like, "You're too good for me" and I'd say, "If you start thinking that, it'll become true." My intention was to make her stand on her own two feet instead of borrow lean against me for support all the time, but the effect was actually counterproductive. It often felt like I was picking up a ragdoll and dropping it limp as it fell to the ground. My current girlfriend owns her own house, has her own job, makes significantly more money than I do, and refuses my help when I offer it. I think I love her.

So 8's, do you put your loved ones though "conditioning training" to make them stronger/what do you do?
    No. I'm highly protective of loved ones and close friends, quite often, can be too tolerant.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My sister is an 8 and she's never been abusive to others by conditioning them in ways that can cause harm. She can be very tough on people, has high expectations, and wants results but she tends to be extremely indulgent toward loved ones. In a romantic relationship, she can be amazingly tolerant and forgiving of all kinds of things.