• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] INTJ 4s?

Nicodemus

Shoot. I would love to have heard the analysis and the theory. Oh, well.
It involved role play: one being Goethe, the other Schopenhauer. First there is collaboration, then follows separation and, in the end, one-sided ridicule. Respect will not vanish from every corner, but it will deserted the foyer. Yes, as much as I deplore it, but that is the prognosis for your relationship.

Eat ye rosebuds while ye may!

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Her relationship with Curious Feeling? Or with Schopenhauer. Or was that Schopenhauer's relationship with Goethe? (Yes, I do want to see your head spinning around and around.) In the foyer! Steppenwolfe's foyer, with the potted plant?

Nicodemus

You have all the necessary information. Read carefully.

I do the theory and leave the explanation to the priests.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, crap. I'm a Protestant.

*off to read On Vision and Colors ...*

Cold Roses

Nicodemus, I am not fit to play any saucy party games at the moment. I'm running on bingo fuel. I am completely at a disadvantage, though I think I won't choose to be salty on account of it. I hope you are having an amusing time of it, nonetheless. This whole thing is what I would succinctly describe as a cluster**ck. I need a nice cup of Darjeeling and a lobotomy.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Same here....a lot of it could describe me.

I'd venture to say the demeanor of an INTJ 4 would actually look more INFPish (a REAL INFP, not the stupid stereotypes) than INFJish.
Sort of like this?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oC5BZdxNr4&feature=fvst"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oC5BZdxNr4&feature=fvst[/YOUTUBE]

I've written before about why I think he's an INTJ and 4-5-8 tritype.

I don't think reconciling INTJ + e4 is as hard as some other combos people claim (I've seen ESTJ e4 - REALLY? So obviously a 1 disintegrating into 4...).
Yeah, 1 is one of the most common ESTJ types (along with 8 and 3). I have no idea what a legit ESTJ 4 would be like. :shock:

Cold Roses

Since this was the original post by my friend that what got me launched into a whirlwind of speculation this past week, I find it a fitting place to sign off. I am an ISTP. I'm good with that, I don't really need to analyze it further. I need to make sure I am painting/biking/hiking/etc to relieve the bad mojo of sitting around thinking too much. It may also help me sort through how I really want to make a livelihood. Other than that, I don't really have a damned thing left to say. It is already far too easy for me to go off the rails in my thinking and its exhausting and irritating. Thanks for all of the clarification and information, to anyone who provided such.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not to mention Schopenhauer.

B

brainheart

Same here....a lot of it could describe me.

I'd venture to say the demeanor of an INTJ 4 would actually look more INFPish (a REAL INFP, not the stupid stereotypes) than INFJish.
I'm thinking Trent Reznor is a good example of this (okay, he's probably a 5w4, but he's a Fi heavy INTJ, so much so he could easily be mistyped as INFP, IMO). One reason for this is Fi looks much colder than Fe.

My cousin is INTJ 5w4 (so not a 4 either....but close enough to make a point), and demeanor-wise, he's more like me than his INFJ mom (although she is 3w4 & not 4 either), but thinking-wise, he's probably more similar to his mom (they have a more "strategic" attitude towards life).

I had the similar issues with INFP & e4 descriptions (more emotional & dramatic & "soft" than I see myself). I think these are common "complaints" actually.

I'd still suggest to an INTJ who suspects they are a 4 to check the wings (5w4 & 3w4) & see if maybe one is not a better fit. I don't think reconciling INTJ + e4 is as hard as some other combos people claim (I've seen ESTJ e4 - REALLY? So obviously a 1 disintegrating into 4...).

I agree that an INTJ 5w4 can appear fairly similar to an INFP 4w5. I actually relate way more to INTJs than INFJs- maybe even INTPs- as you say, ”demeanor-wise.” But the internal thought processes are way different.

And I agree about typing. This 'any mbti type can be any enneagram type' business I think is getting a little out of hand. We're not talking equal opportunity, we're talking temperament and personality, how one acts and thinks and feels and presents oneself, what a person prioritizes and aims for in life. (That was my little rant. Please excuse.)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't get the descriptions, direction of this thread...what?

IMO