User Tag List

Thread: I Am a Type 3

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default I Am a Type 3

After a good deal of personal observation and reflecting on the past, I realized that I am a 3w4 in the average-to-unhealthy range. I relate more to the portrait of the 3 going to 9 under stress than that of the 1 going to 4 or the 4 going to 2 (though I have had periods of clinginess before).

What sealed it was my desire to be exceptional at anything and everything I set out to do, whether it's my work or some silly video game. If I can't be the best at something, or even just really damn good, then I won't bother with it. Also, as much as I don't like to admit it, I love getting positive feedback from other people; I even sometimes enjoy negative feedback because it means that the critics are focusing on me. I've even gone so far as to solicit others for feedback on how I'm doing, but I haven't done that for a while. Unfortunately, I'm not at my best stage now. I am an alumnus of one of the world's best universities, but it was almost by the skin of my teeth. My heyday was during my teen years. I was one of, if not the absolute smartest students to walk the hall of my high school, and I made sure everyone knew it.

I'm definitely a Competent-triad person, but I've had emotional issues in the past with people and life. It's probably because I'm an INFJ and much of my problem has been reconciling my ideal of how things should be with how they are. This is why I've hard such a hard time distinguishing between the 3 and the 1. But unlike 1s, I have no overarching sense of morality, as much as I'd like to. But I'm certain it's a part of my tritype (thanks to @Elfboy for pointing that out).

So there you have it. Any questions and comments will be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Patches; 07-06-2012 at 06:11 AM.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Anyone?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

What are some more distinctions between 3s and 1s that you have observed?
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Well, when it comes to work, I care a little more about expediency and efficiency than being thorough. One of my co-workers is almost certainly a 1 and she goes into a mini-tantrum every time a key is in a different place from where it usually is or when scrap paper is torn sloppily (seriously, scrap paper). It's comical/irritating how persnickety she is over such small things. I'm much more adaptable that she is, even though we have roughly the same work ethic.

I'm also chafing at my current job because there's no higher position to aspire to. I can't get a raise or a promotion, so I'm looking elsewhere so I can feel like I'm achieving something.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I have this thing with people and things that's somewhat sadistic: if I can dominate at will or do anything I please with someone without a fuss, I don't want it at all. But if there is a realistic and fun challenge (possibly why we as 3's get along with 8's), then I get even more energized and motivated. I guess it was a three who said "its not the destination, but the journey"
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

They wanting of positive feedback isn't a bad thing.

It should be encouraged, but temper it by not forsaking your virtues and integrity.

I believe a healthy amount of positive validation from those you care for is needed to elevate the spirit to do even greater work.