Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default Lelouch vi Britannia: 1 or 8?

he seems like the perfect 1/8 hybrid. which do you think he is closer to?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm . . . not sure at all. I need to ponder on this

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I think he's 8w7. he enjoys the thrill of commanding, conquering and crushing his enemies too much to be a 1
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I think he's 8w7. he enjoys the thrill of commanding, conquering and crushing his enemies too much to be a 1
    That may certainly be possible; his desire for revenge against Britannia seems to be far too personal to be the desire of a 1.

Riva

Lolz I was going to ask you whether you have watched the series to help me type him @Elfboy. Glad you have.

I haven't watched the entire series yet (currently in the first season). Started watching it because @Ginkgo recommended it and is loving it. Thanks!

I believe INTJ is easy for him.

Enneagram type is the issue. I think when typing him we should consider the first episode the most because in the first episode he was only a student without much in his head. His personality changed considerably - or should I say was compelled to - with his new found abilities. In the first episode he had an extremely relaxed carefree vibe of a E7. However he probably isn't an e7 and could be an E7 integrated into an E7. But then I read the below quote:

That may certainly be possible; his desire for revenge against Britannia seems to be far too personal to be the desire of a 1.
    Really? Are e1s too detached to be personal?

Anyway about the suggestion of him being an E8 I disagree. How can I explain this? E8s have a natural need to control the environment but Lelouch doesn't. Infact he doesn't care at all about his environment and what people do and how they do it. He is anti e8 if anything. He only becomes controlling when he wears the mask of Zero.

Another thing you have to consider about him is that he is a NTJ. All NTJs have one common trait; which is decisiveness. This decisiveness has the tendency to rally people around a flag. Not so much is a Joan of Arc way but in a this is what we know therefore this is what we should do without wasting too much time way; which tends win the trust of people who in return are compelled to follow the NTJ. And that trait of decisiveness has the tendency to come across as E8.

Going back to his E1 possibility; I could see a lot of similarities between him and Kira from the death note. However Kira was such an obvious E1 it dwarfs the possibility of Lelouch being an E1. The only excuse I have for this is that Lelouch is highly integrated into an E7 (atleat in the first episode).

Hmm... how about 5w4? Could you explain to why you haven't even considered it?

Also what type could Suzaku Kururugi be? He is painfully idealistic. Please note that I haven't watched the whole series; so don't make any spoilers. He is clearly introverted too therefore I could see him as an INF or maybe even an ISFJ. However I don't see much Fe in him all so I am confused. And I have no clue as to what to his E type is. Okay a few guesses: 1, 2w1, e4 (though e4 doesn't make much sense my lack of enneagram knowledge gives me the excuse to make baseless guesses and use that as an excuse at the same time).

This happens to be my 5,000th post.

Ginkgo

@Riva I agree that he's 7w8. I think his desire to command is more about having fun and generating plans than it is reflexive and on principle. If he was an 8, he would likely be more gruff than regal.

When I think of 1s, I think of people who reflexively critique the things and people they care about. But Lelouch seems more willing to simply dispose of undesirables as a 7 would.

I'm not sure if I would agree that he's INTJ. He could simply be a reserved extravert.

Also: My pleasure.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    @Riva I agree that he's 7w8. I think his desire to command is more about having fun and generating plans than it is reflexive and on principle. If he was an 8, he would likely be more gruff than regal.
    When I think of 1s, I think of people who reflexively critique the things and people they care about. But Lelouch seems more willing to simply dispose of undesirables as a 7 would.
    I'm not sure if I would agree that he's INTJ. He could simply be a reserved extravert.
    he's not Fi inferior, but I am starting to see 7 as a possibility. too Id to be a 1, not gut center enough to be core 8. he's also too self righteous to be an 8. 7's line to 1 can give them a sort of theatrical self righteousness that can be mistaken for a genuine superego type).

at the moment I see INTJ 7w?>8w7>4w3 Sx/Sp

@Riva
    I see Suzaku as ISFJ 2w1>6w5>1w2 So/Sx
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Riva

Thanks for the quick replies and the enneagram infor. I'm beginning to like enneagrams mainly because it sharpens my skills of MBTI typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post

So I was correct; e8 is not correct.

Yes I've noticed what you have mentioned in e1s. He doesn't seem to care about those either. However we sadly didn't get much to see him especially with his friends to notice whether he does have those traits. So maybe he does and we never got to see them.

7w8 makes sense too. However I didn't want to type him as one because well there ain't that many intj e7s to refer to and it is usually believed that there aren't people with that combination.

Regarding his mbti type; his Fi is definitely tertiary. It is influential in his dealing with his loved ones but it doesn't prevent him from his final decisions to make it primary and he is simply not an efp to make it secondary. And I think he is classic introvert. Also what elf has said below:

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    he's not Fi inferior, but I am starting to see 7 as a possibility. too Id to be a 1, not gut center enough to be core 8. he's also too self righteous to be an 8. 7's line to 1 can give them a sort of theatrical self righteousness that can be mistaken for a genuine superego type).

at the moment I see INTJ 7w?>8w7>4w3 Sx/Sp

@Riva
    I see Suzaku as ISFJ 2w1>6w5>1w2 So/Sx
    So e7 is possible. Should we jump in joy for finally seeing an intj e7?

What do you mean by too ID? I didn't know that e8s weren't self righteous; atleast less than e7s and I definitely didn't know e7s are considered to be self righteous. Ah the 7s line to e7 makes sense.

So I was right about Suzaku; atleast in the tritype sense. Why why why didn't I see e6 in him before you pointed it out? Sigh!

Thanks again people.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Riva
    I could actually see Suzaku as core 6, but I can't see any connection to either 5 or 7 in him, so I opted for core 2 instead.

7's aren't always self righteous (I doubt @Lady X or @FDG are very self righteous) but in some 7s, their sense of grandiosity, feelings of entitlement and line to 1 can lend themselves to this sort of behavior, particularly if it's a very idealistic 7 on a mission (which isn't uncommon. 7s are often pretty idealistic, especially the FPs).
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Riva
    also, Kira was not an obvious 1, he was a 3w4 who was a 1 wannabe
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!