12 Last

I'm not Trunks

Default The differences of Enneagram Type 4w5 and 3w4

Any insight?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

The biggest difference is that 4w5's aren't afraid to show their emotions. If they feel strongly about something, they'll make sure that others know how they feel. The 3w4, although more reserved than the 3w2 and more in touch with their emotions, are still at their core, 3's. That means they'll bottle up their emotions and deal with it later if they need to be "on" or will express their emotions in a subtle way (like wearing a black scarf or bracelet after a loved one has passed away or something like that).
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

I'm not Trunks

I see..from what you've told me, I'm more suited to 3w4. I always think I'm 3 actually..I don't talk if I wasn't sure about something. Thanks for the insight..

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    I see..from what you've told me, I'm more suited to 3w4. I always think I'm 3 actually..I don't talk if I wasn't sure about something. Thanks for the insight..
    No problem
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    Any insight?
    4w5: dark, brooding, a tendency to pull into isolation for prolonged periods, philosophical
    3w4: refined, elegant, formal, alluring, assertive, ambitious, achieve first; celebrate later, put their best foot forward
    both: creative, reserved, expressive (though neither as much as the 4w3)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

I'm not Trunks

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    4w5: dark, brooding, a tendency to pull into isolation for prolonged periods, philosophical
    3w4: refined, elegant, formal, alluring, assertive, ambitious, achieve first; celebrate later, put their best foot forward
    Yes, I'm positively sure I'm 3w4 now..Thanks for the info.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Alanis Morrisette (4w5) or Madonna (3w4)? I can't think of two more vastly different musicians.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    Alanis Morrisette (4w5) or Madonna (3w4)? I can't think of two more vastly different musicians.
    yes, but other 3w4s can be quite a bit like 4w5s. lots of 3w4s are more withdrawn and intellectual
    - David Bowie: 3w4 Sx/So
    - Richard Dawkins: 3w4 So/Sp
    - Edward Cullen: 3w4 Sp/Sx
    - Kevin Spacey: 3w4 So/Sx
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/sp

4w5s are more ruminative and interested in spending long periods 'analyzing themselves'. It easily becomes claustrophobic self-absorption in which they withdraw to sort out feelings, and like Fives they think they are 'not ready' to take action all too often.

3w4s on the other hand detach from their feelings when those get in the way of doing. Ruminations on their own pose little interest if they didn't lead to some definite results/improvements. They can be self-absorbed, but elements and concerns of the outer world will divide their attention.

Both types can be depressive, but 4w5s are more likely to get themselves mired in negative feelings at will like a happy masochist.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    4w5s are more ruminative and interested in spending long periods 'analyzing themselves'. It easily becomes claustrophobic self-absorption in which they withdraw to sort out feelings, and like Fives they think they are 'not ready' to take action all too often.

3w4s on the other hand detach from their feelings when those get in the way of doing. Ruminations on their own pose little interest if they didn't lead to some definite results/improvements. They can be self-absorbed, but elements and concerns of the outer world will divide their attention.

Both types can be depressive, but 4w5s are more likely to get themselves mired in negative feelings at will like a happy masochist.
    My ex was a 3w4 and I am a 4w5, and from my experience, I think these describe differences between the types well.

He was actually more emotional than me (note: He's an INFJ), or at least visibly so, but at the same time, he could put on a public happy face to get stuff done. He was more active in life than me. His self-awareness was focused on how to refine himself so as to achieve what he wanted.

I'm a lot more indirect about expressing feelings and emotions, keeping them hidden from others but amping them up through my imagination, so they actually interfere with my productivity more.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe