• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] The differences of Enneagram Type 4w5 and 3w4

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
The biggest difference is that 4w5's aren't afraid to show their emotions. If they feel strongly about something, they'll make sure that others know how they feel. The 3w4, although more reserved than the 3w2 and more in touch with their emotions, are still at their core, 3's. That means they'll bottle up their emotions and deal with it later if they need to be "on" or will express their emotions in a subtle way (like wearing a black scarf or bracelet after a loved one has passed away or something like that).

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
I see..from what you've told me, I'm more suited to 3w4. I always think I'm 3 actually..I don't talk if I wasn't sure about something. Thanks for the insight..

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any insight?

4w5: dark, brooding, a tendency to pull into isolation for prolonged periods, philosophical
3w4: refined, elegant, formal, alluring, assertive, ambitious, achieve first; celebrate later, put their best foot forward
both: creative, reserved, expressive (though neither as much as the 4w3)

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
4w5: dark, brooding, a tendency to pull into isolation for prolonged periods, philosophical
3w4: refined, elegant, formal, alluring, assertive, ambitious, achieve first; celebrate later, put their best foot forward

Yes, I'm positively sure I'm 3w4 now..Thanks for the info.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Alanis Morrisette (4w5) or Madonna (3w4)? I can't think of two more vastly different musicians.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alanis Morrisette (4w5) or Madonna (3w4)? I can't think of two more vastly different musicians.

yes, but other 3w4s can be quite a bit like 4w5s. lots of 3w4s are more withdrawn and intellectual
- David Bowie: 3w4 Sx/So
- Richard Dawkins: 3w4 So/Sp
- Edward Cullen: 3w4 Sp/Sx
- Kevin Spacey: 3w4 So/Sx

Mephisto

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
4w5s are more ruminative and interested in spending long periods 'analyzing themselves'. It easily becomes claustrophobic self-absorption in which they withdraw to sort out feelings, and like Fives they think they are 'not ready' to take action all too often.

3w4s on the other hand detach from their feelings when those get in the way of doing. Ruminations on their own pose little interest if they didn't lead to some definite results/improvements. They can be self-absorbed, but elements and concerns of the outer world will divide their attention.

Both types can be depressive, but 4w5s are more likely to get themselves mired in negative feelings at will like a happy masochist.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

4w5s are more ruminative and interested in spending long periods 'analyzing themselves'. It easily becomes claustrophobic self-absorption in which they withdraw to sort out feelings, and like Fives they think they are 'not ready' to take action all too often.

3w4s on the other hand detach from their feelings when those get in the way of doing. Ruminations on their own pose little interest if they didn't lead to some definite results/improvements. They can be self-absorbed, but elements and concerns of the outer world will divide their attention.

Both types can be depressive, but 4w5s are more likely to get themselves mired in negative feelings at will like a happy masochist.

My ex was a 3w4 and I am a 4w5, and from my experience, I think these describe differences between the types well.

He was actually more emotional than me (note: He's an INFJ), or at least visibly so, but at the same time, he could put on a public happy face to get stuff done. He was more active in life than me. His self-awareness was focused on how to refine himself so as to achieve what he wanted.

I'm a lot more indirect about expressing feelings and emotions, keeping them hidden from others but amping them up through my imagination, so they actually interfere with my productivity more.

Britta

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
3w4's and 4w5's both tend to wear their heart on their sleeve, however (at least in my experience) 3w4's tend to shut down when it comes to emotion from others. They push it off to the side more, while 4w5's embrace it.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
Thanks for the info guys..I know my enneagram tritype now.
9-6-3 ;)

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
yes, but other 3w4s can be quite a bit like 4w5s. lots of 3w4s are more withdrawn and intellectual
- David Bowie: 3w4 Sx/So
- Richard Dawkins: 3w4 So/Sp
- Edward Cullen: 3w4 Sp/Sx
- Kevin Spacey: 3w4 So/Sx
Edward Cullen? I've never read Twilight, but he seems more One-ish to me.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
I'm good looking 3w4..My friends never complain about my looks. And I'm not a freak like a monkey!