12 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Question 8w9 so/sp Winston Churchill?

Last edited by Patches; 07-06-2012 at 06:41 AM.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Because he was a flamboyant social climber and enthusiastic for the masses, by opposition with the calm, clear and cynical Sp/So.

The Superintendant Chalmer, from The Simspons is an 8w9 Sp/So. They are similars, but the stacking put backward implies clear differences:

EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Because he was a flamboyant social climber and enthusiastic for the masses, by opposition with the calm, clear and cynical Sp/So. The Superintendant Chalmer, from The Simspons is an 8w9 Sp/So. They are similars, but the stacking put backward implies clear differences
    The differences are not necessarily clear just based on the type stacking being reversed.

According to the story (which you didn't read) accompanying this picture, there is a clearer and less technical answer. Because of a heart condition, Churchill needed to ride in a pressure chamber in order to survive high flying altitudes. The chamber contained certain creature comforts, such as a ventilation system allowing him to enjoy his cigars en route. So Sp is definitely a factor. But in the long run, a long life of social climbing and political game-playing indicates an So-dom.

MBTI
    IxFP

Yup So/Sp 8w9

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The differences are not necessarily clear just based on the type stacking being reversed.

According to the story (which you didn't read) accompanying this picture, there is a clearer and less technical answer. Because of a heart condition, Churchill needed to ride in a pressure chamber in order to survive high flying altitudes. The chamber contained certain creature comforts, such as a ventilation system allowing him to enjoy his cigars en route. So Sp is definitely a factor. But in the long run, a long life of social climbing and political game-playing indicates an So-dom.
    Yes, it's exactly what I said , Winston C was an agressive social climber who enjoyed the confortable pleasure of a good cigar, while the superintendant C is a quiet man oriented toward material stability above all, using a bit of social position as a secondary support.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Yes, it's exactly what I said , Winston C was an agressive social climber who enjoyed the confortable pleasure of a good cigar, while the superintendant C is a quiet man oriented toward material stability above all, using a bit of social position as a secondary support.
    I'll put this a different way. Your statement "the [Chalmer] stacking put backward implies clear differences [with Churchill]" is an example of ad hoc reasoning. It doesn't prove anything. It is the same method you always employ: basing type calls on comparisons with famous people you think to have correctly typed. This reminds me of the time you gave this long list of famous type 8s who you believe had integrated to 2 (e.g., Barbara Walters). Such a list doesn't prove anything.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I'll put this a different way. Your statement "the [Chalmer] stacking put backward implies clear differences [with Churchill]" is an example of ad hoc reasoning. It doesn't prove anything. It is the same method you always employ: basing type calls on comparisons with famous people you think to have correctly typed. This reminds me of the time you gave this long list of famous type 8s who you believe had integrated to 2 (e.g., Barbara Walters). Such a list doesn't prove anything.
    The superintendant Chalmer is an 8w9 Sp/So and Barbara Walters is an 8w7 Sx/So, if you have anything to prove that they're not, say it, if you have not, you're just making yourself ridiculous.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The superintendant Chalmer is an 8w9 Sp/So and Barbara Walters is an 8w7 Sx/So, if you have anything to prove that they're not, say it, if you have not, you're just making yourself ridiculous.
    My point has nothing to do with those celebrity's types. My point is that those celebrity types are irrelevant in that I don't consider them when typing others.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

My point has nothing to do with those celebrity's types. My point is that those celebrity types are irrelevant in that I don't consider them when typing others.
    What you say is irrelevant since enneagram teachers relate on the observable similarities between people of a same type or instinctual variant. Theses type are visibles, at an optic level, and typing based on comparaison with others people of the same type makes totally sense.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

What you say is irrelevant since enneagram teachers relate on the observable similarities between people of a same type or instinctual variant. Theses type are visibles, at an optic level, and typing based on comparaison with others people of the same type makes totally sense.
    The problem is not knowing if the celebrity your basing this on has been given the correct type. How did you determine that? Through comparison with someone else, and that call was based on someone before that.

It doesn't seem like you know much about enneagram teacher methods. If a teacher engages in that typing method he or she could lose her license. That's why a teacher uses only test-based methods.