• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] 8w9 so/sp Winston Churchill?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why not Sp/So?

Story at:
http://dvice.com/archives/2012/01/random-fact-chu.php

lifepod-thumb-550xauto-82298.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because he was a flamboyant social climber and enthusiastic for the masses, by opposition with the calm, clear and cynical Sp/So.

The Superintendant Chalmer, from The Simspons is an 8w9 Sp/So. They are similars, but the stacking put backward implies clear differences:

chalmers.jpg
churchillDM0302_468x542.jpg

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because he was a flamboyant social climber and enthusiastic for the masses, by opposition with the calm, clear and cynical Sp/So. The Superintendant Chalmer, from The Simspons is an 8w9 Sp/So. They are similars, but the stacking put backward implies clear differences

The differences are not necessarily clear just based on the type stacking being reversed.

According to the story (which you didn't read) accompanying this picture, there is a clearer and less technical answer. Because of a heart condition, Churchill needed to ride in a pressure chamber in order to survive high flying altitudes. The chamber contained certain creature comforts, such as a ventilation system allowing him to enjoy his cigars en route. So Sp is definitely a factor. But in the long run, a long life of social climbing and political game-playing indicates an So-dom.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The differences are not necessarily clear just based on the type stacking being reversed.

According to the story (which you didn't read) accompanying this picture, there is a clearer and less technical answer. Because of a heart condition, Churchill needed to ride in a pressure chamber in order to survive high flying altitudes. The chamber contained certain creature comforts, such as a ventilation system allowing him to enjoy his cigars en route. So Sp is definitely a factor. But in the long run, a long life of social climbing and political game-playing indicates an So-dom.

Yes, it's exactly what I said :rolleyes:, Winston C was an agressive social climber who enjoyed the confortable pleasure of a good cigar, while the superintendant C is a quiet man oriented toward material stability above all, using a bit of social position as a secondary support.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, it's exactly what I said :rolleyes:, Winston C was an agressive social climber who enjoyed the confortable pleasure of a good cigar, while the superintendant C is a quiet man oriented toward material stability above all, using a bit of social position as a secondary support.

I'll put this a different way. Your statement "the [Chalmer] stacking put backward implies clear differences [with Churchill]" is an example of ad hoc reasoning. It doesn't prove anything. It is the same method you always employ: basing type calls on comparisons with famous people you think to have correctly typed. This reminds me of the time you gave this long list of famous type 8s who you believe had integrated to 2 (e.g., Barbara Walters). Such a list doesn't prove anything.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll put this a different way. Your statement "the [Chalmer] stacking put backward implies clear differences [with Churchill]" is an example of ad hoc reasoning. It doesn't prove anything. It is the same method you always employ: basing type calls on comparisons with famous people you think to have correctly typed. This reminds me of the time you gave this long list of famous type 8s who you believe had integrated to 2 (e.g., Barbara Walters). Such a list doesn't prove anything.

The superintendant Chalmer is an 8w9 Sp/So and Barbara Walters is an 8w7 Sx/So, if you have anything to prove that they're not, say it, if you have not, you're just making yourself ridiculous.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The superintendant Chalmer is an 8w9 Sp/So and Barbara Walters is an 8w7 Sx/So, if you have anything to prove that they're not, say it, if you have not, you're just making yourself ridiculous.

My point has nothing to do with those celebrity's types. My point is that those celebrity types are irrelevant in that I don't consider them when typing others.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My point has nothing to do with those celebrity's types. My point is that those celebrity types are irrelevant in that I don't consider them when typing others.

What you say is irrelevant since enneagram teachers relate on the observable similarities between people of a same type or instinctual variant. Theses type are visibles, at an optic level, and typing based on comparaison with others people of the same type makes totally sense.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What you say is irrelevant since enneagram teachers relate on the observable similarities between people of a same type or instinctual variant. Theses type are visibles, at an optic level, and typing based on comparaison with others people of the same type makes totally sense.

The problem is not knowing if the celebrity your basing this on has been given the correct type. How did you determine that? Through comparison with someone else, and that call was based on someone before that.

It doesn't seem like you know much about enneagram teacher methods. If a teacher engages in that typing method he or she could lose her license. That's why a teacher uses only test-based methods.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The problem is not knowing if the celebrity your basing this on has been given the correct type. How did you determine that? Through comparison with someone else, and that call was based on someone before that.

It doesn't seem like you know much about enneagram teacher methods. If a teacher engages in that typing method he or she could lose her license. That's why a teacher uses only test-based methods.

Theses typings are justly based on accurate test method. Then we can make comparaisons between two peoples of closed types and observe the similarities and differences, especially in this case, between Sp/So and So/Sp. The method would be too long to explain, but if you say some specific reasons why you think theses typings are not rights, then I can explain why you are wrong. By the ways, you are really unlikely to use theses methods of typing since you are so bad at this, or if you do, that means that you use it extremely badly.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Theses typings are justly based on accurate test method. Then we can make comparaisons between two peoples of closed types and observe the similarities and differences, especially in this case, between Sp/So and So/Sp. The method would be too long to explain, but if you say some specific reasons why you think theses typings are not rights, then I can explain why you are wrong. By the ways, you are really unlikely to use theses methods of typing since you are so bad at this, or if you do, that means that you use it extremely badly.

Your way with English amuses me. I may have to unplonk you just so I don't miss out on any of it.

Comparisons with celebrity type are your method, and the vast majority of the time those typings are not based on testing.

Tomb1

Well, I'll say this. Speedy has certainly given this forum a bad reputation.

At first I gave him the benefit of the doubt in spite of what the folks on other forums said about him being a pinhead but i now think it's true. What many here probably don't know is that he was being paid monthly to spam the forum with those pastebin list mistypings.

The pastebin list is a downgrade and got many of the core fixations wrong...and a bucketful of wings and stackings wrong, too.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, I'll say this. Speedy has certainly given this forum a bad reputation.

At first I gave him the benefit of the doubt in spite of what the folks on other forums said about him being a pinhead but i now think it's true. What many here probably don't know is that he was being paid monthly to spam the forum with those pastebin list mistypings.

The pastebin list is a downgrade and got many of the core fixations wrong...and a bucketful of wings and stackings wrong, too.

I . . . I love you.

happy-crying-face-tumblr-meme.png

Okay, being serious now: So what's this I hear now? Speedy been getting paid to advertise the pastbin (mis)typings? And unknowingly made wrong accusations of types that were obviously incorrect? Well well well, that's music to my ears. Maybe now he'll become a little more humble concerning his position as a typologist. Maybe.