User Tag List

First 234

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Fourplay View Post
    There is no dignity in the survival instinct if it isn't for a purpose that serves something much more.

Leave that place and create something of your own.
    I wholeheartedly agree! A job ought to grant us security first--but we ought to strive for freedom and flexibility on top of that, and then find meaning and make a larger impact in whatever it is that we do.

It's unfortunate that in this instance I've had to fight for security, but rest assured, that it doesn't happen often. This is just an anecdote that relates to how we might react in a 'fight or flight' situation.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree! A job ought to grant us security first--but we ought to strive for freedom and flexibility on top of that, and then find meaning and make a larger impact in whatever it is that we do.

It's unfortunate that in this instance I've had to fight for security, but rest assured, that it doesn't happen often. This is just an anecdote that relates to how we might react in a 'fight or flight' situation.
    All of life I wanted to belong somewhere. But I didn't fit anywhere - it was like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

The moment that I let that go I discovered I could build my own environments.

I believe all 3s can identify with this.

Thanks for your scenario too.

garbage

^ Cheers!

Another "Understand an Enneagram 3" thing:

I belonged to a particular organization that was almost aligned with something I've wanted to do for quite a while--create a forum for sharing meaningful ideas and actually doing something good with them, starting with our town. The organization did the former thing, but it lacked the follow-through to do the latter.

I use the term "organization" loosely because, well, it was disorganized as hell. Absolutely chaotic with no communication. Could've been much improved, but I couldn't find an "in." After a while, I regarded it as a waste of time and gradually bowed out (because abruptly quitting and leaving everyone hanging is, in my book, not the right thing to do).

Now, the leadership is stepping down. In my assessment, the other 'top dogs' in the group were pretty passive and just followed this leader and executing his .. "vision." I'm mulling over reintroducing myself and trying to get myself into that leadership position, because I know the rest would outright follow the leader.

That position would be pretty damn good overall from a variety of angles--I'd meet folks around town (movers/shakers, interesting people, and perhaps good friends); get my name out there; get some 'practice' in some aspects of personal/professional development, and be a part of something that actually had an impact around here.

I kind of miss the whole personal development thing and haven't had an outlet for it recently. Volunteerism on top of that would be great, too.

Anyway, there's another thought process that I'm shoving out there.