• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] Understand a damn enneagram 3!

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, people think my type is one of those overly moralistic and uptight people who think people shouldn't be drinking. They also think type 1's are killjoys. :cry:

(see what I did there?)

:D

i am one of these overly moralistic "uptight" people who think no one should drink alcohol.

by drinking alcohol, you become permanently less intelligent thus not only headache to ennea 5's but by doing so, you become blind to the consequences of your actions and even if unintentionally, you will have very likely ruined lives of several people by not fore seeing you actions consequences.

and i will help several people in my life by teaching them the true consequences of drinking alcohol, as its a slow suicide but even more harmful to others for the reasons i mntioned above.

[MENTION=10137]Sparrow[/MENTION]
Enneagram 3 views life as a video game. they want to get the highest score possible

as do i view life a video game, but hten thats what happens to people who play games as children. not a negative thing, rather an eye opening thing.
instead of being bound to some silly rules someone invented to hold his power hich is upheld as "right", i can see how wrong they are.

but then, i dont aim for high scores but rather to best myself in order to enjoy this game.
which is a rather challenging goal.

especially the perceptrons in me, they .. well, we humans operate on "beliefs", in lack of better word, but we cant function for anything else than dreams without believing and if everything we are are believes, then its a rather hard thing to control self since youll need believes to beat believes...

for example enjoyment alone in itself, lets say your stressed, well then you have two gigantic clusters of beliefs in odds against each other, and when i say gigantic cluster.. yeah. clusters of patterns, created by neural network.

but then, i guess 3's consider it cheating when i learn how i myself am programmed to reprogram myself.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was drunk when I posted this!! I don't need validation or advice or anything lol :). I feel kinda dumb for starting this thread actually.

Fuck it, you can't win them all right! ;)

Aw don't feel dumb! Everyone has a right to be pissed off when they're misunderstood. :hug:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:unsure: I..recognize this drive/fear within me, and I squelch it coz I refuse to go that route. Is this my w5 killing my w3? :shock:

Also, I have a healthy 3w4 by my side and could honestly not be happier. They're awesome :heart:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It bothers me to think about how people misunderstand 3's so much, peeps think we are fake and not genuine. That's some bullshit!!! I stay true to myself and really am genuine about everything I do and about everything i like, it's not a front. Thank you!!! I'm drunk right now and am venting don't mind me, it's just been bothering me you guys have the wrong idea about 3's. We just want to do the best we can at everything we do! Rawr!!!!!! Is that wrong!!?

congratulations, you've just used a significant amount of Fi :)
but yeah, this post was right on

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
3s are perfect anyhow :D

My former band leader was proly an ENTJ 3. Was very...not...imperfect and inspiring. He knew lots about music and the artists we covered so he was never out of place when we asked him questions

G

garbage

I had no idea where to share this tidbit, so here it is.

Just got a magazine with brief descriptions of the guest lectures that some of us are giving. I snatched it up and immediately thumbed through to find the description for mine, even though I knew what the description said because I'm the one who wrote it.

Because of the subject, I can present this material either from a technical perspective or from a 'personal growth' perspective (and I've done both at certain times). I think I concentrated too much on the former in this description, given who my audience is.

:)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 3 = spin doctor. Spin doctoring is designed to make oneself look good and to make others look bad. But compliment a 3 and you're likely to get back some false humility.

Spin doctoring - to create "a favorable interpretation of words" and events. Example: when type 3 Jimmy Carter failed to rescue the hostages, and 9 rescuers died, he termed it a "limited success."

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Settle down,boys.

Derail moved to off topic posts.

Play nice or not at all.

G

garbage

I'm in danger of getting booted off of a particular project. The guy in charge of the thing sees that I'm versatile, reliable, and have good ideas--but he's signing off and getting replaced by someone else. Since I'm officially in an oddball position (hard to explain), I'm the first on the chopping block.

Our customer doesn't know this. So, what do I do? I ignore my own impending doom.

During a meeting with all of us and our customer, I observe--I watch to see which pieces he's interested in and how he interacts with members our team. It turns out that he calls all of the shots and really, really knows his shit. He sends signals and virtually everyone who's actually paying attention reacts to them.

Then, when it comes to the part of the project that I'm focused on, I talk enthusiastically and 'hook in' to his needs, ignoring the fact that I'm on the chopping block. Not only will my part actually serve his needs, but also I've demonstrated to him that I can pull it off. For my own sake, and from the standpoint of pure self-preservation, a part of me hopes that he would be disappointed if it turns out that we can't move forward with it because 'someone has been let go.'

Now, hopefully, I actually have a position in which I can actually do well. I don't cut corners on the job when I actually.. you know, have a job--that, to me, isn't right.

The sad reality is that the world isn't strictly a meritocracy. It should be, but it isn't.

Bam, survival instinct; raw thoughts straight from the emotional core.

:popc1:

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4

I'm in danger of getting booted off of a particular project. The guy in charge of the thing sees that I'm versatile, reliable, and have good ideas--but he's signing off and getting replaced by someone else. Since I'm officially in an oddball position (hard to explain), I'm the first on the chopping block.

Our customer doesn't know this. So, what do I do? I ignore my own impending doom.

During a meeting with all of us and our customer, I observe--I watch to see which pieces he's interested in and how he interacts with members our team. It turns out that he calls all of the shots and really, really knows his shit. He sends signals and virtually everyone who's actually paying attention reacts to them.

Then, when it comes to the part of the project that I'm focused on, I talk enthusiastically and 'hook in' to his needs, ignoring the fact that I'm on the chopping block. Not only will my part actually serve his needs, but also I've demonstrated to him that I can pull it off. For my own sake, and from the standpoint of pure self-preservation, a part of me hopes that he would be disappointed if it turns out that we can't move forward with it because 'someone has been let go.'

Now, hopefully, I actually have a position in which I can actually do well. I don't cut corners on the job when I actually.. you know, have a job--that, to me, isn't right.

The sad reality is that the world isn't strictly a meritocracy. It should be, but it isn't.

Bam, survival instinct; raw thoughts straight from the emotional core.

:popc1:

There is no dignity in the survival instinct if it isn't for a purpose that serves something much more.

Leave that place and create something of your own.

G

garbage

There is no dignity in the survival instinct if it isn't for a purpose that serves something much more.

Leave that place and create something of your own.
I wholeheartedly agree! A job ought to grant us security first--but we ought to strive for freedom and flexibility on top of that, and then find meaning and make a larger impact in whatever it is that we do.

It's unfortunate that in this instance I've had to fight for security, but rest assured, that it doesn't happen often. This is just an anecdote that relates to how we might react in a 'fight or flight' situation.

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
I wholeheartedly agree! A job ought to grant us security first--but we ought to strive for freedom and flexibility on top of that, and then find meaning and make a larger impact in whatever it is that we do.

It's unfortunate that in this instance I've had to fight for security, but rest assured, that it doesn't happen often. This is just an anecdote that relates to how we might react in a 'fight or flight' situation.

All of life I wanted to belong somewhere. But I didn't fit anywhere - it was like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

The moment that I let that go I discovered I could build my own environments.

I believe all 3s can identify with this.

Thanks for your scenario too.

G

garbage

^ Cheers! :cheers:

Another "Understand an Enneagram 3" thing:

I belonged to a particular organization that was almost aligned with something I've wanted to do for quite a while--create a forum for sharing meaningful ideas and actually doing something good with them, starting with our town. The organization did the former thing, but it lacked the follow-through to do the latter.

I use the term "organization" loosely because, well, it was disorganized as hell. Absolutely chaotic with no communication. Could've been much improved, but I couldn't find an "in." After a while, I regarded it as a waste of time and gradually bowed out (because abruptly quitting and leaving everyone hanging is, in my book, not the right thing to do).

Now, the leadership is stepping down. In my assessment, the other 'top dogs' in the group were pretty passive and just followed this leader and executing his .. "vision." I'm mulling over reintroducing myself and trying to get myself into that leadership position, because I know the rest would outright follow the leader.

That position would be pretty damn good overall from a variety of angles--I'd meet folks around town (movers/shakers, interesting people, and perhaps good friends); get my name out there; get some 'practice' in some aspects of personal/professional development, and be a part of something that actually had an impact around here.

I kind of miss the whole personal development thing and haven't had an outlet for it recently. Volunteerism on top of that would be great, too.

Anyway, there's another thought process that I'm shoving out there. :popc1: