• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] People who look like a 4 but they aren't

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw too much misidentification with this type. Specially with famous people who are artist/musicians/ or depresive...

- Amy Winehouse 6w7 Sx/So
-Angelina Jolie 6w7 Sx/Sp
- Kurt Cobain 5w4 Sx/Sp
-John Lennon 5w4 Sx/So
-Lou Reed 6w5 Sx/Sp
-Thom Yorke 5w4 Sp/Sx
-Prince 3w4 Sx/Sp ( i dont see him as a 4, maybe he is but with an extremely heavy 3 wing)
-Jack Kerouac 6w7 Sx/Sp (maybe 6w5)
-Courtney Love 8w7 Sx first
-Adolf Hitler 6w5 Sx/So
- Eminem 6w5 So/Sx
-Brandon Boyd 3w4 So/Sx
- Andy Warhol 3w4 So first
-Janis Joplin 7w8 Sx/Sp
-Jim Morrison 7w8 Sx/Sp
- Denis Rodman 6w7 Sx/So

Well and all of the people who think that are 4s cuz they find themselves depresed, creative and emotional. Me included...

Continue the list people

-

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
-Janis Joplin 7w8 Sx/Sp

9w8 Sx/So.

Kerouac is 6w5 Sx/So.

Prince is a true 4.

But anyway, good list.

Also i'd say:

Serge Gainsbourg: 7w6 Sx/Sp
Salvador Dali: 7w6 Sx/Sp
David Bowie: 3w4 Sx/So

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- Hazel O'Connor: 6w7 Sx/So
- Amy Lee: 6w7 Sp/Sx
- Gene Wilder: 2w3 So/Sx
- Dido: 9w1 Sp/Sx
- Pink: 8w7 Sx/So
- most INFPs

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would have never typed these people 4 or thought they look like 4s, maybe with the exception of Warhol.

- most INFPs

There are quite a few INFPs who are legitimately 4, even if quite a few others are 5, 6 or 9. I don't buy the Riso-Hudson correlation of Fi with enneagram 6, or any correlation of one Jungian type to one enneagram type.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are quite a few INFPs who are legitimately 4, even if quite a few others are 5, 6 or 9. I don't buy the Riso-Hudson correlation of Fi with enneagram 6, or any correlation of one Jungian type to one enneagram type.
it's not rare, but neither is it as common as people think it is. the core motivation of 4 is usually very poorly described and worded in a way that virtually any FP would relate to.
I agree though that it's kinda foolish to correlate one MBTI type with only one enneagram type or vice versa. with INFJs for instance, there are lots of 6s, lots of 9s, lots of 5s and lots of 4s.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
me. 6w7 sx/so.

thought i was a 4w3 or 3w4 for a good long while.

am an artist. :yes:

i think magic poriferan hit it on the head when saying both 4 and 6 (and 8) are emotionally turbulent. but 6 is more externally seeking and 4 is more internally seeking, which i think is a very telling distinction in many people. for me it was the dual realization that: a) i do not tend to purposefully amplify emotions and b) i do not have identity issues along with the confirmation that i was very fueled by anxiety that told me 6 instead of 4.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
for me it was the dual realization that: a) i do not tend to purposefully amplify emotions and b) i do not have identity issues along with the confirmation that i was very fueled by anxiety that told me 6 instead of 4.

Excellent points. These also helped confirm to me that I'm 6 (although I think that I am 6w5 but with fairly balanced wings.) I only thought I was 4 quite temporarily, because I thought INFJs were "supposed" to be 4s... I know at least a couple of people (both of whom I believe to be xNFP) who are almost stereotypically 4, and that's where I really see the differences between us.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I know at least a couple of people (both of whom I believe to be xNFP) who are almost stereotypically 4, and that's where I really see the differences between us.

yes indeed. i had a suitemate who i am 98% sure was IxFP 4w5 and i really saw the differences between us. i'm guessing she probably found me a little too flippant and conformist and i found her a little bizarre and dark... (not that i don't appreciate bizarre... but i felt like sometimes she was doing it for the sake of being different...)

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
me. 6w7 sx/so.

thought i was a 4w3 or 3w4 for a good long while.

am an artist. :yes:

i think magic poriferan hit it on the head when saying both 4 and 6 (and 8) are emotionally turbulent. but 6 is more externally seeking and 4 is more internally seeking, which i think is a very telling distinction in many people. for me it was the dual realization that: a) i do not tend to purposefully amplify emotions and b) i do not have identity issues along with the confirmation that i was very fueled by anxiety that told me 6 instead of 4.

Same. Especially the bolded.

Also, I highly agree with Courtney Love looking a lot like a 4. A couple of years or so ago, I saw a documentary featuring her and the way she acted with how she was open with her feelings as well as her disturbed childhood just made me think 4 for her.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are all fours "emotionally turbulent"? I have a pretty heavy four wing. So much so, I mistyped for a long time. It didn't feel right though as I'm pretty clinical and detached for the most. It wasn't until I read a couple of 5 descriptions that were less heavily centered on scientific analysis, and more artistically skewed that I realized I'm a five. It sits much easier especially when you take instinctual variants into account.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Tori Amos seems more 3ish than 4ish. She tends to take on various personas for her albums like Madonna does.

paixfleurs

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't understand how anybody would mistake Dennis Rodman as a 4. Way too much aggression.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
why is kurt cobain a 5?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are all fours "emotionally turbulent"? I have a pretty heavy four wing. So much so, I mistyped for a long time. It didn't feel right though as I'm pretty clinical and detached for the most. It wasn't until I read a couple of 5 descriptions that were less heavily centered on scientific analysis, and more artistically skewed that I realized I'm a five. It sits much easier especially when you take instinctual variants into account.

Internally, yes. There is a mistaken notion they are drama queens, as in, having conflicts with others a lot and being very talkative about their feelings. I actually think a lot of people with interpersonal drama are 2s and 6s. But anyway, 4s are turbulent inside, but outside they often appear withdrawn, subtly moody, and using indirect expression for feelings to ease vulnerability (that's why there's a heavy association with the arts).

One description of 4s uses these phrases, which I think imply the correct kind of emotional expression/drama for 4s: "symbolic drama; withdrawn melancholy".

The wing makes a difference as well:

Average 4/3 is emotionally spicy. Because of the conflict between the three-wing's desire to be in the spotlight and the four's self-conscious fear of exposure, they may alternate between extremes of extroversion and introversion. Unlike the cooler 3/4s, 4/3s may find it difficult (if not impossible) to stay calm when emotions come up. They are more likely to talk about their overwhelming feelings than the much more rational, analytical, withdrawn 4/5s.

Average 4/5 is emotionally heavy. Powerful, passionate feelings and aesthetic appreciations swell within and then get bottled up inside. 4/5s generally avoid expressing their feelings because they feel that no one could possibly understand them. Like 4/3, they feel special and different, but 4/5 is more likely to withdraw into sullen silence than to make a big public scene. 4/5 and 5/4 both have strong feelings which they repress, but because their feelings are stronger than their repression, 4/5s are more aware than 5/4 of their inner emotional state. Consequently, they are more likely to become depressed. There is a kind of delicacy to 4/5 that is not usually present in 4/3.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And...
Arthur Rimbaud, he seems very 4ish, and im open to his typing, maybe a 4w3 Sx/So, but he seems more 7w8 to me. Same for Oscar Wilde, but 7w6.
Layne Staley 9w8 Sx/Sp
Mark Lanegan 9w8 Sx/Sp
Cat Stevens 9w1 Sx/Sp
Dido 9w1 Sp/Sx
Alan Rickman 1w9 Sx/Sp
Tori Amos 3w4 Sx/So
Kristen Stewart 6w5 Sp/Sx