User Tag List

First 123 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    for me it was the dual realization that: a) i do not tend to purposefully amplify emotions and b) i do not have identity issues along with the confirmation that i was very fueled by anxiety that told me 6 instead of 4.
    Excellent points. These also helped confirm to me that I'm 6 (although I think that I am 6w5 but with fairly balanced wings.) I only thought I was 4 quite temporarily, because I thought INFJs were "supposed" to be 4s... I know at least a couple of people (both of whom I believe to be xNFP) who are almost stereotypically 4, and that's where I really see the differences between us.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I know at least a couple of people (both of whom I believe to be xNFP) who are almost stereotypically 4, and that's where I really see the differences between us.
    yes indeed. i had a suitemate who i am 98% sure was IxFP 4w5 and i really saw the differences between us. i'm guessing she probably found me a little too flippant and conformist and i found her a little bizarre and dark... (not that i don't appreciate bizarre... but i felt like sometimes she was doing it for the sake of being different...)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    me. 6w7 sx/so.

thought i was a 4w3 or 3w4 for a good long while.

am an artist.

i think magic poriferan hit it on the head when saying both 4 and 6 (and 8) are emotionally turbulent. but 6 is more externally seeking and 4 is more internally seeking, which i think is a very telling distinction in many people. for me it was the dual realization that: a) i do not tend to purposefully amplify emotions and b) i do not have identity issues along with the confirmation that i was very fueled by anxiety that told me 6 instead of 4.
    Same. Especially the bolded.

Also, I highly agree with Courtney Love looking a lot like a 4. A couple of years or so ago, I saw a documentary featuring her and the way she acted with how she was open with her feelings as well as her disturbed childhood just made me think 4 for her.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Are all fours "emotionally turbulent"? I have a pretty heavy four wing. So much so, I mistyped for a long time. It didn't feel right though as I'm pretty clinical and detached for the most. It wasn't until I read a couple of 5 descriptions that were less heavily centered on scientific analysis, and more artistically skewed that I realized I'm a five. It sits much easier especially when you take instinctual variants into account.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Tori Amos seems more 3ish than 4ish. She tends to take on various personas for her albums like Madonna does.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't understand how anybody would mistake Dennis Rodman as a 4. Way too much aggression.
    Sometimes, the only realists are the dreamers. - Paul Wellstone

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

why is kurt cobain a 5?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Are all fours "emotionally turbulent"? I have a pretty heavy four wing. So much so, I mistyped for a long time. It didn't feel right though as I'm pretty clinical and detached for the most. It wasn't until I read a couple of 5 descriptions that were less heavily centered on scientific analysis, and more artistically skewed that I realized I'm a five. It sits much easier especially when you take instinctual variants into account.
    Internally, yes. There is a mistaken notion they are drama queens, as in, having conflicts with others a lot and being very talkative about their feelings. I actually think a lot of people with interpersonal drama are 2s and 6s. But anyway, 4s are turbulent inside, but outside they often appear withdrawn, subtly moody, and using indirect expression for feelings to ease vulnerability (that's why there's a heavy association with the arts).

One description of 4s uses these phrases, which I think imply the correct kind of emotional expression/drama for 4s: "symbolic drama; withdrawn melancholy".

The wing makes a difference as well:

Average 4/3 is emotionally spicy. Because of the conflict between the three-wing's desire to be in the spotlight and the four's self-conscious fear of exposure, they may alternate between extremes of extroversion and introversion. Unlike the cooler 3/4s, 4/3s may find it difficult (if not impossible) to stay calm when emotions come up. They are more likely to talk about their overwhelming feelings than the much more rational, analytical, withdrawn 4/5s.
    Average 4/5 is emotionally heavy. Powerful, passionate feelings and aesthetic appreciations swell within and then get bottled up inside. 4/5s generally avoid expressing their feelings because they feel that no one could possibly understand them. Like 4/3, they feel special and different, but 4/5 is more likely to withdraw into sullen silence than to make a big public scene. 4/5 and 5/4 both have strong feelings which they repress, but because their feelings are stronger than their repression, 4/5s are more aware than 5/4 of their inner emotional state. Consequently, they are more likely to become depressed. There is a kind of delicacy to 4/5 that is not usually present in 4/3.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    IxFP

And...
    Arthur Rimbaud, he seems very 4ish, and im open to his typing, maybe a 4w3 Sx/So, but he seems more 7w8 to me. Same for Oscar Wilde, but 7w6.
    Layne Staley 9w8 Sx/Sp
    Mark Lanegan 9w8 Sx/Sp
    Cat Stevens 9w1 Sx/Sp
    Dido 9w1 Sp/Sx
    Alan Rickman 1w9 Sx/Sp
    Tori Amos 3w4 Sx/So
    Kristen Stewart 6w5 Sp/Sx

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

Banned

Avril Lavigne.