• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Can 5s be badasses?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Or are they all quiet and nerdy like me? :nerd:

And when you meet a nerdy type person, would you instantly think: "Type 5!!!!" ?

I know there are some 6s who are a little bit nerdy, but they usually have a lot less nerdy qualities.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really. Why do people want to be bad ass? Anyway, us 5's are badass in nerdy way. I had a co- worker introduce me to another person with "she's forgotten more than you've ever known". Tell me that's not a bad ass introduction for a five. At a Christmas party, no less.
Well, I felt pretty bad ass at the time anyway....until everyone expected me to come up with something intelligent when I was three sheets to the wind.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Depends on how you define "badass" - it's a pretty flexible term.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depends on how you define "badass" - it's a pretty flexible term.

I thought the traits were reasonably clear: tough, strong, fearless, an unmovable rock.

I guess you could interpret badass as a more of a rebel, or some asshole type though.

I heard something about 5s that are tough. I think I've seen one before too. Could have been a 6 though really.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I thought the traits were reasonably clear: tough, strong, fearless, an unmovable rock.

I guess you could interpret badass as a more of a rebel, or some asshole type though.

I heard something about 5s that are tough. I think I've seen one before too. Could have been a 6 though really.

Under that definition, I guess some of them are - I can think of a few fictional character examples off the top of my head.

Badassery =/= coolness under my criteria, though. So there's that. Stephen Hawking's pretty cool, but I wouldn't call him a "badass".

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hannibal Lechter: INTJ 5w4 Sx/So
Artemis Fowl: haven't read the books, but he sounds like an INTJ 5 from what I've heard of him
L: INTP 5w6 Sp/Sx
Sherlock Holmes: ENTP or ISTP 5w4 So/Sx

Nicodemus

Hannibal Lechter: INTJ 5w4 Sx/So
Artemis Fowl: haven't read the books, but he sounds like an INTJ 5 from what I've heard of him
L: INTP 5w6 Sp/Sx
Sherlock Holmes: ENTP or ISTP 5w4 So/Sx
They are all fictional, Elfboy.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

what's your point? there are people IRL with similar personalities and accomplishments. a convincing fictional character will have a believable personality

Nicodemus

what's your point? there are people IRL with similar personalities and accomplishments. a convincing fictional character will have a believable personality
The point is that fiction does not prove anything.

Q: Can someone be almighty?
A: God is almighty.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Badassery =/= coolness under my criteria, though. So there's that. Stephen Hawking's pretty cool, but I wouldn't call him a "badass".

Under my definition Stephen Hawking is a total badass. So clearly we do not all have the same definition of badass.

I think 5s are totally badass when they confront their fear of the world and allow themselves to be even a little bit vulnerable.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah. I mean, what's more badass than dissecting social norms and pragmatically decide which ones are worth following? :) Not much like the classic badass ISTP that doesn't look at explosions, but as long as badass isn't being used as an euphemism for reckless, I think 5s qualify.
And when you meet a nerdy type person, would you instantly think: "Type 5!!!!" ?
Nah, 5s are one of the rarest Enneagrams. Most likely a 6w5.

Last edited:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Q: Can someone be almighty?
A: God is almighty.

fictional characters become wide spread and popular because they are based off of real personalities. if they were unrealistic and didn't have real life counterparts in some capacity, they would not be famous like they are today. this is prove enough of their authenticity

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see no reason why the couldn't ever be badass 5's in real life. Two examples: Leonardo Da Vinci and Albert Einstein. I'll post more real life examples when I can think of some.

V

violaine

If by badass you mean formidable then yes, a certain type of 5 can easily be a badass. I like 5-style badassery. The ones I know don't usually worry about social conventions or people-pleasing, so there's not that "look at me" element to their edge. That's more genuine to me than someone who is always bleating on about their feats of strength.

The most searing wit I've had the pleasure of witnessing belongs to an INTJ, E5 guy I'm close to. O.M.G. If he wanted to, he could strip someone of their self-esteem in minutes, the way a piranha goes to work on it's prey. (But he doesn't take weak shots either. I don't admire those kinds of people. He can just really stand up for himself and the people he cares about if need be).

Nicodemus

fictional characters become wide spread and popular because they are based off of real personalities.
That is quite a claim. But, what you would actually need to prove is that each is based on a single real personality.

if they were unrealistic and didn't have real life counterparts in some capacity, they would not be famous like they are today. this is prove enough of their authenticity
That, if true, would only prove that they are not totally unlike real human beings.

wolfy

awsm

Yeah, but at least you could be a badass by association. Of course most people are unfamiliar with enneagram. So you could find a fictional character somewhat similar to your own enneagram type, and then reinforce that association in your environment with a variety of methods including carefully placed coffee mugs.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see no reason why the couldn't ever be badass 5's in real life. Two examples: Leonardo Da Vinci and Albert Einstein. I'll post more real life examples when I can think of some.

Leonardo Da Vinci was a 7. And Albert Einstien, badass? lol

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yeah, there's also Spiderman, 5w6 Sx/So, and is really badass. The Riddler is badass in his own way, and is 5w6 So/Sx, Dr House is a 5w6 So/Sx too. Scarecrow is a badass 5w6 Sp/Sx and Michael Scofield a badass 5w6 Sx/Sp. Beast from X-Men is a badass 5w4 So/Sx.

Sherlock Holmes is 5w6 So/Sx, not 5w4 So/Sx.

Real life badass 5, I'd say:

Kurt Cobain, 5w4 Sx/Sp

John Lennon 5w4 Sx/So

Sinead O'Connor 5w4 Sx/Sp

Stanley Kubrick 5w4 So/Sx

William Burroughs 5w4 Sx/So

Maynard James Keenan 5w4 Sp/Sx

Patti Smith 5w4 Sx/So, I met her IRL and she's extremely badass

Oriana Fallaci 5w4 Sx/So

Lou Barlow 5w6 So/Sx

Elvis Costello 5w6 So/Sx

Jeff Goldblum 5w6 So/Sx badass nerd who saved the world with Will Smith

Jodie Foster 5w6 Sx/Sp

Gillian Anderson 5w6 Sx/Sp

Howard Hughes 5w6 Sx/So reckless aviator, film producer, engineer, womanizer and buisnessman

Thomas Dolby 5w6 Sx/So

Léon Trotsky 5w6 Sx/So

Stan Lee 5w6 Sx/So

like Clint Eastwood, can be considered as a perfect example of badass grandpa who plays in blockbuster movies, actually

Buddy Holly 5w6 Sx/So rock star who died at 22

They are all Sexuals or Sx-Second, which is not surprising.

VagrantFarce

5s aren't automatically nerdy, or into nerdy things. :) Similarly, there's nothing stopping a 5 from being "cool" in someone else's eyes.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
half-life-2-gordon-freeman.jpg

Gordon Freeman 5w6 SP SX he kills shit with a crowbar you can't get anymore badass than that.