User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I just skimmed, but I'm surprised no one seemed to mention this (unless I missed it):

It largely depends on the extent to which they're integrated into 8.

Ceteris paribus: the more integrated, the more badass.

[20/30]

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I just skimmed, but I'm surprised no one seemed to mention this (unless I missed it):

It largely depends on the extent to which they're integrated into 8.

Ceteris paribus: the more integrated, the more badass.

[20/30]
    Mentioned it. You totally don't read my posts do you LOL!

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I knew an INFJ 5w4 male...that while NOT a badass in his everyday life...when he got mad...holy shit...'something changed'.

It was rare he would ever actually say something verbally in these moments...like @violaine 's INTJ 5. In fact, I feel that because he would not provide this anger with an outlet...because he was very attached to maintaining an relatively affable front...well...that is precisely what 'fed its force' (I'm not explaining this very well because it is a difficult thing to describe).
    I can relate to this. One of my 'things' is to remain calm externally, most especially when I'm in a more dicey/emotionally-incensed atmosphere. And because I deliberately detach more, that's precisely when people start considering me robotic and they really don't like it when I don't give them much to work with and when I extricate the emotion. (a former ENTJ friend called me robotic when we ran into relational problems, and she was the one who was extremely emotionally all over the place / crazy. She *really* did not like it that I played it cool)

And, when I've deliberately pushed myself out of my comfort zone and done things externally, where I'm forced to be in an environment/situation which requires me to be more attuned to the world around me, I have to admit I feel extremely empowered and 'whole', in a sense - i.e. travelling overseas and getting to a point where I called out the taxi-driver in Ecuador and refused to pay what he told me I owed him by the end of my trip because I knew enough spanish by then so as to know I was being scammed - well, I have to admit I felt kind of like a badass then, when he shrugged his shoulders and sheepishly took what I really owed him, and no more.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The philosopher was a badass, the person was clearly not.
    Yes, he was a bookworm who masturbated each day behind the same tree at the same hour and never had the guts to appraoch girls in a seductive maneer. I like his writing though.

Being badass is not about being a philosopher, a badass is someone who has guts, is risk-taking, act in an violent, active and unconformist way, and realize thing which are scary, spectacular, challenging or even impossible for the average guy. Someone who leads from the guts, not from the head or the heart and heave no boundaries.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Actually, a good example of a badass philosopher would be Socrates. However he was a 7 (head triad anyway) if I remember correctly, not 5 . . .

L Lawliet from death note is a 5 and he's pretty badass. But he's not a real life example . . .

I'll think of some real life examples later.

MBTI
    IxFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The philosopher was a badass, the person was clearly not.
    Yeah that's what i was trying to say... I dont know much about his real life.

But he was not a "teddy bear" either...from what i know

And still saying...
    Patti Smith
    John Lennon

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post

And still saying...
    Patti Smith
    John Lennon
    Pattis Smith, yes, I seen her one time, and she's eccentric, she has guts, she is not restricted, then she is badass.
    John L was assertive and he was a jerk, clearly no the emo kid INFP that many people believe he was.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

This thread title is awesome because I am a 5 and last year I declared that my life's goal is to become a badass.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    This thread title is awesome because I am a 5 and last year I declared that my life's goal is to become a badass.
    What's your wing and instinctual variant, Poppy?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    Under my definition Stephen Hawking is a total badass. So clearly we do not all have the same definition of badass.
    Ever since he kicked Einstein on his ass and left tire treads in that wild shock of hair, I'm afraid of bumping into Hawking in a dark lecture hall somewhere while alone.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft