User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 71

  1. #21
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    If you say the word "badass" enough, it begins to lose meaning. After reading this thread my mind has changed it to "bad ass" and now I have visions of wallmart asses dancing in my head.

    As to the OP... No... Unless the 5 is an ISTP or something. He or she needs a cigarette hanging from their mouth, and a slow walk away from a giant explosion happening behind them.

  2. #22
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Sinead O'Connor 5w4 Sx/Sp.
    She's definitely badass, and non-fictional.

    Not sure she's a 5 though. A lot of her hangups seem more cp 6w5 (err... maybe I'm biased. I type myself 6w5 too).

    Kurt Cobain is not a badass. A self-absorbed junky who left a baby girl without a dad is what he is. No attempts of helping that guy ever worked. He just dwelled on problems. To make a direct comparison, Sinead has been abused as a child, and gloomy herself, is bi-polar, and still has kids, and still sticks around.

    Just my 2c.

  3. #23
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    She's definitely badass, and non-fictional.

    Not sure she's a 5 though. A lot of her hangups seem more cp 6w5 (err... maybe I'm biased. I type myself 6w5 too).
    She was shy and fought this, buy I don't see her as a 6 at all.

    Kurt Cobain is not a badass. A self-absorbed junky who left a baby girl without a dad is what he is. No attempts of helping that guy ever worked. He just dwelled on problems. To make a direct comparison, Sinead has been abused as a child, and gloomy herself, is bi-polar, and still has kids, and still sticks around.

    Just my 2c.
    Hum, I think you're right on this.
    Last edited by Speed Gavroche; 01-02-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  4. #24
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,624

    Default

    I knew an INFJ 5w4 male...that while NOT a badass in his everyday life...when he got mad...holy shit...'something changed'.

    It was rare he would ever actually say something verbally in these moments...like @violaine 's INTJ 5. In fact, I feel that because he would not provide this anger with an outlet...because he was very attached to maintaining an relatively affable front...well...that is precisely what 'fed its force' (I'm not explaining this very well because it is a difficult thing to describe). Anyway...this wasn't a 'I'm going to hurt someone or cut someone down-to-size with my words' kind of anger - although I'm sure he could have easily done such a thing if he would have allowed himself. It was a 'I'm going to cause a natural disaster using only my mind' kind of anger (seriously...it would be as if lightening bolts and tornados were touching down all around him - his anger was like a tangible force. If someone could harness it...it could probably power Las Vegas for an evening). He was very much a badass when angry.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Leonardo Da Vinci was a 7. And Albert Einstien, badass? lol
    I remember seeing someone present an argument on another forum explaining why Da Vinci was 5 as opposed to 7, I'll see if I can find it later.

    And Albert Einstein is most certainly badass, not just in the conventional way that people interpret it; he revolutionaized the entire science of physics through sheer amounts of tenacity and studying, really the term badass bookworm might fit him better.

  6. #26
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,624

    Default

    I'm kinda thinking of Thom Yorke right now. He can be sweet and charming in interviews...but I have also seen him 'flip a switch'...and present with that 'forceful and powerful e5 badassness'. Maybe e5s with a powerful connection to e8 are quite 'badass'.

  7. #27
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I remember seeing someone present an argument on another forum explaining why Da Vinci was 5 as opposed to 7, I'll see if I can find it later.

    And Albert Einstein is most certainly badass, not just in the conventional way that people interpret it; he revolutionaized the entire science of physics through sheer amounts of tenacity and studying, really the term badass bookworm might fit him better.
    I think he's badass too for being somewhat of an underachiever and rebellious (educationally) early in life. But achieved what he did in his own time.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think he's badass too for being somewhat of an underachiever and rebellious (educationally) early in life. But achieved what he did in his own time.
    Agreed.

  9. #29
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    And Albert Einstein is most certainly badass, not just in the conventional way that people interpret it; he revolutionaized the entire science of physics through sheer amounts of tenacity and studying, really the term badass bookworm might fit him better.
    That's not badass.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  10. #30
    Senior Member Owfin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Yeah, Einstein isn't badass. Stephen Hawking is badass because he met an obstacle in life and thoroughly conquered it.

    In that case, I think my idea of a badass is somebody who thoroughly conquers life.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

    • MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

Similar Threads

  1. Can one be an athiest and an INFP?
    By Sahara in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 10:17 PM
  2. Can Es be quiet? Can Js be messy? Questions of broad MBTI descriptions.
    By Mort Belfry in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 08:33 AM
  3. I can't be the only one watching Dexter
    By Natrushka in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 02:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO