User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Anew Leaf

If you say the word "badass" enough, it begins to lose meaning. After reading this thread my mind has changed it to "bad ass" and now I have visions of wallmart asses dancing in my head.

As to the OP... No... Unless the 5 is an ISTP or something. He or she needs a cigarette hanging from their mouth, and a slow walk away from a giant explosion happening behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Sinead O'Connor 5w4 Sx/Sp.
    She's definitely badass, and non-fictional.

Not sure she's a 5 though. A lot of her hangups seem more cp 6w5 (err... maybe I'm biased. I type myself 6w5 too).

Kurt Cobain is not a badass. A self-absorbed junky who left a baby girl without a dad is what he is. No attempts of helping that guy ever worked. He just dwelled on problems. To make a direct comparison, Sinead has been abused as a child, and gloomy herself, is bi-polar, and still has kids, and still sticks around.

Just my 2c.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    She's definitely badass, and non-fictional.

Not sure she's a 5 though. A lot of her hangups seem more cp 6w5 (err... maybe I'm biased. I type myself 6w5 too).
    She was shy and fought this, buy I don't see her as a 6 at all.

Kurt Cobain is not a badass. A self-absorbed junky who left a baby girl without a dad is what he is. No attempts of helping that guy ever worked. He just dwelled on problems. To make a direct comparison, Sinead has been abused as a child, and gloomy herself, is bi-polar, and still has kids, and still sticks around.

Just my 2c.
    Hum, I think you're right on this.
    Last edited by Speed Gavroche; 01-02-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

I knew an INFJ 5w4 male...that while NOT a badass in his everyday life...when he got mad...holy shit...'something changed'.

It was rare he would ever actually say something verbally in these moments...like @violaine 's INTJ 5. In fact, I feel that because he would not provide this anger with an outlet...because he was very attached to maintaining an relatively affable front...well...that is precisely what 'fed its force' (I'm not explaining this very well because it is a difficult thing to describe). Anyway...this wasn't a 'I'm going to hurt someone or cut someone down-to-size with my words' kind of anger - although I'm sure he could have easily done such a thing if he would have allowed himself. It was a 'I'm going to cause a natural disaster using only my mind' kind of anger (seriously...it would be as if lightening bolts and tornados were touching down all around him - his anger was like a tangible force. If someone could harness it...it could probably power Las Vegas for an evening). He was very much a badass when angry.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Leonardo Da Vinci was a 7. And Albert Einstien, badass? lol
    I remember seeing someone present an argument on another forum explaining why Da Vinci was 5 as opposed to 7, I'll see if I can find it later.

And Albert Einstein is most certainly badass, not just in the conventional way that people interpret it; he revolutionaized the entire science of physics through sheer amounts of tenacity and studying, really the term badass bookworm might fit him better.

I'm kinda thinking of Thom Yorke right now. He can be sweet and charming in interviews...but I have also seen him 'flip a switch'...and present with that 'forceful and powerful e5 badassness'. Maybe e5s with a powerful connection to e8 are quite 'badass'.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I remember seeing someone present an argument on another forum explaining why Da Vinci was 5 as opposed to 7, I'll see if I can find it later.

And Albert Einstein is most certainly badass, not just in the conventional way that people interpret it; he revolutionaized the entire science of physics through sheer amounts of tenacity and studying, really the term badass bookworm might fit him better.
    I think he's badass too for being somewhat of an underachiever and rebellious (educationally) early in life. But achieved what he did in his own time.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think he's badass too for being somewhat of an underachiever and rebellious (educationally) early in life. But achieved what he did in his own time.
    Agreed.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    That's not badass.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Yeah, Einstein isn't badass. Stephen Hawking is badass because he met an obstacle in life and thoroughly conquered it.

In that case, I think my idea of a badass is somebody who thoroughly conquers life.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?