• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] INTP Enneagram 5 vs. 6

G

garbage

The two blue colors aren't distinct enough. Confusing.

mrsIU.png

..in retrospect, this is probably not helpful at all. In fact, it is probably counterproductive.

Oh well, that's what 30 seconds in Paint.NET gets you.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not enough people of any MBTI type will admit to being 6, though it is probably the most common enneagram type.

I think this is true, especially people who think they are 4s. I believe many people who think they're 4s are actually 6s.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 5 INTP:

220px-Albert_Einstein_Head.jpg

alan-greenspan1.jpg

affiche-spider-man-reboot_jpg_500x630_q95.jpg

beast1.jpg

jgoldblum3.jpg

Type 6 INTP:

943.jpg

celebrity-image-woody-allen-2334271.jpg

tina-fey-oc-housewives.jpg

george-costanza-picture.jpg

COSTANZA.jpg

R

Riva

[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION] - Isn't Woody Allen a ISTP E-5?

That's a weird combination for an ISTP. Besides isn't he a bit too cooool to be an INTP? Ti dom for sure though.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION] - Isn't Woody Allen a ISTP E-5?

That's a weird combination for an ISTP.

Type 5 is indeed a rare combination for ISTPs, that being said, Woody A is bnot one. His humor is very Ne, always navigating into weird ideas to make absurd joke, while ISTPs are more on the field of practical joke. Also, he's too luch physically clumsy to be an ISTP. He's not a 5 either, dispite he's quite intelctual, he's not the cold and detached observator. He's actually a phobic 6w7 Sp/So, usually shown as a classical example of phobic 6.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have to buy a book to examine the credibility? :(

The funny thing is it looks suspiciously like the chart MBTI Enthusiast made on Personality Cafe charting how common certain types were on Personality Cafe. So perhaps not representative of the general population...

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would imagine 5 and 6 combine to create the ultimate observor and master of details, as well as an insightful analyst, so I would say INTP 5w6s (including myself possibly) are lowest on the N score.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]
Alan Greenspan is INTJ

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]
Alan Greenspan is INTJ

I don't think Alan G is chart-the-course, I read his bio and he seems to have always prefered a behind-the-scene role his whole life.

Allan G said:
"I had always viewed myself as an observer of events, never as a partaker of them."

So INTP, I think.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think Alan G is chart-the-course, I read his bio and he seems to have always prefered a behind-the-scene role his whole life.
So INTP, I think.

INTJs are like this too. INTJs are the master planners of MBTI (still chart the course) and most of them would relate to this

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJs are like this too. INTJs are the master planners of MBTI (still chart the course) and most of them would relate to this

No really I don't see that. INTJs are often timid and prude, but they are decisive and power-seeker. Allan G is a 5w6 Sp/So. If you compare with a true INTJ 5w6 Sp/So like Mark Zuckerberg, you can see the difference. Compare them at the same age, it's pretty clear.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No really I don't see that. INTJs are often timid and prude, but they are decisive and power-seeker. Allan G is a 5w6 Sp/So. If you compare with a true INTJ 5w6 Sp/So like Mark Zuckerberg, you can see the difference. Compare them at the same age, it's pretty clear.

you have their types switched.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I won't make a claim about the type of either person, but can attest to your observation about INTJs. We prefer to chart the course from behind the scenes. We are still decisive and seek power, but it is power over things, systems, and events, not so much over people except indicentally. This may explain partly why it is often not necessary and certainly not preferred to call much attention to what we are doing.